Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Landline Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Landline Question

Old 23-04-2021, 13:17   #1
joniemaximus
cf.member

joniemaximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Landline Question

Firstly apologies if there is somewhere better for this.

I recently hand a BT Open reach engineer visit my house because of a broadband fault. My Landline worked fine but my new Superfast from sky hadn't worked since my activation (Moving from Sky-Essential). The engineer was told that the fault had been rectified (My broadband had started to work over night before the visit) but proceeded to poke around regardless.

In our house (And for many years before we owned it i suspect) the main drop cable goes into the hallway at the front of the house were it meets a junction box, before going back out around the house and into the office at the back of the house where the master socket is.

I'm guessing whilst disconnecting this junction box he hasn't re-connected something properly and now im not only left with no broadband but also no landline. Its going to be Wednesday next week before they can get an engineer back out but i have 2 questions:
What could he have done. There are only 2 sets of 2 cables in the junction box (Solid Blue and Blue/White). Is it possible he's connected the wrong wires.
Where do i stand with wiring as it's technically on my property and the line to my house is fine, but no matter what i plug into the master socket it will not work.
Is there anything i could do like re wiring the junction box to correct the issue.

I'm trying to work from home and its awfully difficult without internet.
joniemaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2021, 13:58   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Landline Question

It's possible he's used the standard orange, orange/white at the master socket.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2021, 14:00   #3
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Problem as I see it is if you do anything they could blame you for any issue and then charge you. As it stands at this point it is all their fault
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2021, 14:11   #4
joniemaximus
cf.member

joniemaximus is an unknown quantity at this point

True its just painful having no internet whilst working from home and the prospect of another 5 days isn't promising.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

the cable around the house only uses the blue/white and white/blue wiring in the cable.
joniemaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2021, 06:01   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joniemaximus View Post
the cable around the house only uses the blue/white and white/blue wiring in the cable.
Which would be correct, they should be connected to points 2 & 5 in the sockets.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote