Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2005, 17:54   #3466
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: [Merged] Football talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
If we go next season without winning anything, there WILL be a contract on Glazer's head
If he still owns Man Utd by then and Man Utd aren't the Red Devils for another reason Anything on his head would be better than that hairstyle of his
I just hope that next season sees Chelsea having to work for points instead of just putting their hands in their pockets
BTW if Man Utd were so much more superior.... why did they fail to score in 123 mins of open play and eventually lose on penalties to a lesser team?
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2005, 17:56   #3467
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Because our finishing was abysmal but we had more possesion, created more chances and had more shots on target.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-05-2005, 17:56   #3468
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

I agree with Mourinho for what he said after Liverpool won in the champions league semi

Oh well...
Old 21-05-2005, 18:00   #3469
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

So who will we get to replace RVN?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-05-2005, 18:00   #3470
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Old 21-05-2005, 18:09   #3471
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Because our finishing was abysmal but we had more possesion, created more chances and had more shots on target.
But couldn't score Both sides failed to perform on the pitch, neither side were able to impose their "superiority" enough to actually put the ball into the back of the net without breeching the rules of the game.
Man Utd may have been superior in your eyes but it's not their name on the trophy or in the record book this year. Maybe 2005-2006 will be different. Until then....
Man Utd lost on penalties (which are always a lottery), Arsenal won, nothing is going to change the result so we might as well get used to it wether some of us like it or not It's time for both managers to look at their teams and to start rebuilding as both sides showed weaknesses today. (RVN seems to need glasses and a stick but that's another matter )

(Oh and I don't support either team so I'm not biased either way)
Old 21-05-2005, 18:09   #3472
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Oh well, it could be worse, we could be have been relegated this year
Old 21-05-2005, 18:10   #3473
Paul K
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Oh well, it could be worse, we could be have been relegated this year
Yeah but they are used to it now
Old 21-05-2005, 18:13   #3474
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Indeed, and you obviously were watching a different game.....

United were all over Arsenal. We created more chances, the number of corners were something like 11 to 1 in favour of United. The only thing which let us down was the shockingly bad finishing of RVN - the blame can be placed squarely on his shoulders.

But as you say, Arse won the cup. But it's not as if they played or even looked like winners.

edit: taken from the BBC's report:

Quote:
Arsenal won a penalty shoot-out to lift the FA Cup after a final that was dominated by Manchester United.

United were in control for almost the entire match

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-05-2005, 18:18   #3475
Mal
Inactive

Anyways, why didn't they close the roof for the match, seen as that it was chucking it down for most of it?
Old 21-05-2005, 18:20   #3476
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Apparently closing the roof causes too much of a distraction while they're playing and they thought it was going be dry, according to TalkSport.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-05-2005, 18:21   #3477
Mal
Inactive

Okay...
Old 21-05-2005, 18:22   #3478
Paul K
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed, and you obviously were watching a different game.....

United were all over Arsenal. We created more chances, the number of corners were something like 11 to 1 in favour of United. The only thing which let us down was the shockingly bad finishing of RVN - the blame can be placed squarely on his shoulders.

But as you say, Arse won the cup. But it's not as if they played or even looked like winners.
Nice edit on my quote but if Man Utd performed to their abilities they would have scored since they were so "dominant". If you read my post I said that both sides failed to perform on the pitch. There is no point dominating open play if you are going to keep putting the ball into the crowd
As someone once said to me
Quote:
Chances mean nothing if you do not take them.
Nice to see that Man Utd fans can lose with dignity

Oh and as to the roof, it developed technical difficulties this morning when they tried to close it before it rained.
Old 21-05-2005, 18:25   #3479
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Nice edit on my quote but if Man Utd performed to their abilities they would have scored since they were so "dominant". If you read my post I said that both sides failed to perform on the pitch. There is no point dominating open play if you are going to keep putting the ball into the crowd
You really need to understand football better! United did not 'fail to perform' - RVN did.

He was the lone striker and the rest of the team did exactly what they're supposed to, if you forgive Carroll's early blunder.

But, if you're determined to disagree with everyone else who saw the match including the BBC's reporters, nothing I say will change your mind.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-05-2005, 18:25   #3480
Mal
Inactive

Talking Re: [Merged] Football talk

Quote:
Nice to see that Man Utd fans can lose with dignity .
At least we didn't hide for ages and only reappear when it was certain that they were going to finish above a certain team
Closed Thread