Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin G+ mimo problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin G+ mimo problem

Old 24-11-2007, 14:14   #1
alan66
Inactive

alan66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin G+ mimo problem

I have just installed a belkin mimo router and wireless usb adapter onto my pc.
My problem is i dont know how to stop anyone else accessing my broadband as well through the router...how do i set it up so that a password or something is needed???
alan
alan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2007, 14:18   #2
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Re: Belkin G+ mimo problem

Ok

Go to your router's webpage (check the manual) and log in, go to wireless, then security, enable WPA or WPA2 - PSK and enter a password, accept, the router will reboot, and your computer will no longer connect, you will need to enter the same password on the PC to connect. This will help.

I would also suggest using MAC address filtering, but that could get a little more technical to do, whereas this will be a quick fix.

Be ready to use an ethernet cable to get back online if you run into issues so we can talk you through them.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 14:51   #3
alan66
Inactive

alan66 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks very much got it sorted now....for some reason it would not connect to the wireless through the belkin icon i had to close it off and use the windows one but all is good now
thanks
alan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 23:09   #4
Web-Junkie
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB
Web-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpack

You could have also disabled the 'Broadcast SSID' so no could 'SEE' your router!
Web-Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 23:12   #5
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Don't mean to be negative but if you're using Vista then forget that router. It's pants. Had no end of trouble with it, even on XP. Went back to my old Belkin Wireless G router and it works perfectly.

I hope your scenario is different and it works perferctly for you. Just wasn't worth the 70 sheets I paid for it.

Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 22:13   #6
Web-Junkie
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB
Web-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpack

I've installed the Mimo G+ on friends Talk Talk connection going to a Desktop PC via Ethernet and wirelessly to a laptop with Vista Home Premium and there's been no problems with it. The laptop is working all over the house so not sure why you say Vista is no good with this router?

I've also installed the same model router for some other friends on their SKY Broadband connection which is connecting 2 laptops (one with XP SP2 and the other with Vista Home Basic), a desktop PC (XP SP2) and two XBOX360's all wirelessly without a problem.

Seems I've been lucky
Web-Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote