Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | iPhone not working with virgin mobile HELP TRIED EVERYTHING

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

iPhone not working with virgin mobile HELP TRIED EVERYTHING

Old 04-11-2012, 20:32   #1
liam_69
Inactive

liam_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
iPhone not working with virgin mobile HELP TRIED EVERYTHING

Hi,
BEFORE YOU JUST DISMISS **** I really have done everything that I have found, please read to see if you can help

I have cut down a virgin sim i order to fit into my iphone 4. I recieve good 3G signal and this is displayed in the status bar but I cannot make/recieve calls or texts and internet does not work either. I have tried everything, even those website you go on with the iphone like unlockit.co.nz ect but nothing is working. I even restored my phone to new with all new carrier setting ect but nothing is working.

Can somebody give me any tips ? Thanks !

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Someone please answer, even if you think it might not work ! Really want my sim to wrok with my iphone !
liam_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2012, 21:27   #2
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts
Re: iPhone not working with virgin mobile HELP TRIED EVERYTHING

Where did your iPhone come from? Could it be locked to another network?
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:38   #3
liam_69
Inactive

It is unlocked, I've tried it with another SIM card on the three network and I was able to make and receive calls ect
Old 04-11-2012, 22:22   #4
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_69 View Post
It is unlocked, I've tried it with another SIM card on the three network and I was able to make and receive calls ect
how sure are you that it isn't locked to Three?
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 00:46   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Have you tried turning roaming on?

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
how sure are you that it isn't locked to Three?
Normally if it's locked to another network you won't even get a connection, he has signal bars so probably not.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31   #6
DrXerox
Inactive

DrXerox is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not just ask Virgin for a new sim. At the most it will cost you £5.

I was running a iPhone4 on a cut down sim, on a Blackberry contract, with Blackberry Services disabled. Worked fine.

I've moved to a sim only contract and VM sent me a micro sim free of charge.
DrXerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 19:30   #7
liam_69
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrXerox View Post
Why not just ask Virgin for a new sim. At the most it will cost you £5.

I was running a iPhone4 on a cut down sim, on a Blackberry contract, with Blackberry Services disabled. Worked fine.

I've moved to a sim only contract and VM sent me a micro sim free of charge.
Im actually on a blackberry contract and was just trying the whole vm sim in iphone with a paygo sim i ordered, so do you think if i cut down my actual blackberry sim and disable the services it will work ? or do you think it will just be better to order a micro sim

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

and ill try it quickly Graham
Old 05-11-2012, 19:42   #8
DrXerox
Inactive

DrXerox is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_69 View Post
Im actually on a blackberry contract and was just trying the whole vm sim in iphone with a paygo sim i ordered, so do you think if i cut down my actual blackberry sim and disable the services it will work ? or do you think it will just be better to order a micro sim

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

and ill try it quickly Graham
Depends how brave you are.

I had to persuade VM to stop my Blackberry Services. They weren't keen. I also had to do the unlockit.co.nz thing, but that was straight forward enough. Just glad now the Blackberry has gone. iPhone so much better.
DrXerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 19:47   #9
liam_69
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrXerox View Post
Depends how brave you are.

I had to persuade VM to stop my Blackberry Services. They weren't keen. I also had to do the unlockit.co.nz thing, but that was straight forward enough. Just glad now the Blackberry has gone. iPhone so much better.
Okay, Im fine with calling them up - been through some pretty hard complaints witht hem before, account notes should turn them off ****ing me off

I just dont see why this sim isnt working though ? I mean it is a blank paygo sim, sure i cut it down but its got full 3G signal .... Stil dont make calls or texts ect