Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Madeleine McCann

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Madeleine McCann

Old 06-05-2007, 11:38   #106
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
The parents should not have left the children that is my whole and total point
Yes but there is no need for you to keep pointing that out all the time, what is and will be obvious to the parents now - FYI - I haven't said I don't blame the parents - but there is a time and place to do the blaming, now isn't one of them. Compassion should come first, blame later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
yes I am right but today I have been branded ignorant and obnoxious for voicing a view that is right
Actually - that wasn't aimed at you if you read the post again - you didn't mention the parents should be sent to jail - someone else did, and it was aimed at them because it was such a obnoxious and quite ridiculous suggestion in the first instance.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39   #107
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I see some people are still coming out and pointing the finger at the parents - some of you really are totally pathetic. There is too many people here with a 'Serves them right' attitude and its completely inappropriate given the fact that the girl is still missing.

But there are some here who appear more bothered about whose to blame than the girl being found.

They don't need ignorant and obnoxious people like some of you saying they was in the wrong and they need to go to jail, they don't need people coming out with extracts from law books or guidelines from the NSPCC - they need their little girl back and I am sure they know what they did at the time, was wrong and I am sure they would take any punishment coming to them, just to get their girl back, but as each day passes, they are going through hell, noones deserves to be put through that no matter what the circumstances are or whose to blame.

I'll say it again - pointing the blame will not get this girl back.
I posted the law information
Old 06-05-2007, 11:40   #108
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

And? You are still not reading the post right zing...
Old 06-05-2007, 11:44   #109
zing_deleted

Ok im sorry . You said I shouldnt have to keep pointing it out but why? they are not gonna be reading it its just a point that I feell needs to be got across to everybody. How many other poeple leave their kids in situations like this? there is a chance that someone who does may well read this dont you think? what if by standing up and saying its wrong instead of pushing it behind the fact a child is missing which does not change the fact its wrong, that person could change their ways a childs life could be save we wont know that of course because the parent wouldnt leave the child alone anymore.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:47   #110
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Ok im sorry . You said I shouldnt have to keep pointing it out but why?
Because we know, you know - everybody now knows, that's why - it doesn't need spelling out whose to blame, I note in the news coverage there is people giving well wishes to the parents, yet there are some on here doing the opposite and its wrong.

Compassion now - blame later.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:48   #111
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

I have to say I agree with Zingle, but am going to wade into this debate in the shallow end.

I feel most for the poor girl, who where ever she is, lost, hurt or abducted must be terrified, lonely, upset and hungry. When she gets found I hope she is OK and safe and not been hurt in anyway.
I can only imagine what this girl must be going through and the sheer terror she must be feeling. When she is found it is most certain she will carry this with her for the rest of her life. Poor kid.
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:51   #112
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Ok im sorry . You said I shouldnt have to keep pointing it out but why? they are not gonna be reading it its just a point that I feell needs to be got across to everybody. How many other poeple leave their kids in situations like this? there is a chance that someone who does may well read this dont you think? what if by standing up and saying its wrong instead of pushing it behind the fact a child is missing which does not change the fact its wrong, that person could change their ways a childs life could be save we wont know that of course because the parent wouldnt leave the child alone anymore.
Got to agree - we can't alter the facts but hopefully everyone who reads this thread will think again before considering doing anything similar.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:52   #113
zing_deleted

Quote:
Because we know, you know - everybody now knows, that's why - it doesn't need spelling out whose to blame, I note in the news coverage there is people giving well wishes to the parents, yet there are some on here doing the opposite and its wrong.

Compassion now - blame later.
you totally missing my point on influence aint ya

Ill finish with

Please anyone who has ever left there children like this please learn a lesson and do not do it again its for the best
and
My thoughts and prayers are for the safe return of the child
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22   #114
breamhunter
Inactive

breamhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to breamhunter Send a message via Yahoo to breamhunter

Quote:
Actually - that wasn't aimed at you if you read the post again - you didn't mention the parents should be sent to jail - someone else did, and it was aimed at them because it was such a obnoxious and quite ridiculous suggestion in the first instance.
I never said that the parents should be sent to jail either but to be honest I think they should, they left children under the age of 3 on their own Full Stop!!!

Obviously first things first, Find the Child, Sort what happened then sort the parents out IMHO...
breamhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37   #115
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
Now if they had actually left the children and disappeared to a nightclub and rolled in at 5 in the morning I would be as judgemental..however in the circumstances of this case I think they were far more responsible than they are being given credit for.

The facts are the apartment was locked,the windows were shut and the flat was in sight of the parents at all times.Someone jimmied the window open and then left the door wide open.Someone went to a deal of trouble just to get that one particular child.That's the real sh*t in this case not the parents.
and how then would the kids have faired in the case of a fire

childen should never be left alone like that

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
I see some people are still coming out and pointing the finger at the parents - some of you really are totally pathetic. There is too many people here with a 'Serves them right' attitude and its completely inappropriate given the fact that the girl is still missing.

But there are some here who appear more bothered about whose to blame than the girl being found.

They don't need ignorant and obnoxious people like some of you saying they was in the wrong and they need to go to jail, they don't need people coming out with extracts from law books or guidelines from the NSPCC - they need their little girl back and I am sure they know what they did at the time, was wrong and I am sure they would take any punishment coming to them, just to get their girl back, but as each day passes, they are going through hell, noones deserves to be put through that no matter what the circumstances are or whose to blame.

I'll say it again - pointing the blame will not get this girl back.

quite right gtting the girl back is the most inportant thing

but stopping others doing the same is even more important it is obvious from some posts that they see nothing wrong in leaving the kids in this way

it is not if zingles pst mak just ne person think twice about doing the same it will help far more than just feeling sorry for this family

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkat View Post
how u so sure??

if they had had dinner in thier room or taken them to dinner it would have been an awfull lot harder for some one to take her
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:54   #116
jkat
Inactive

jkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
if they had had dinner in thier room or taken them to dinner it would have been an awfull lot harder for some one to take her
"if" being the operative word. harder/easier the end result is the same. the only blame is at the alleged abductor/s no "buts" and "ifs", end of.
jkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 13:04   #117
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

I appologise for some of my outbursts last night, if i offended anybody i am sorry, all of us with kids will find this a very imotive subject and post things we may regret later.
Again
Sorry

Mark
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 13:32   #118
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by breamhunter View Post

Obviously first things first, Find the Child, Sort what happened then sort the parents out IMHO...
I couldn't have said it better.

I will say though that I don't think the parents should go to jail as that is just making it more difficult for their children but they should be given a hefty fine or something similar. In fact if it all ends happily they should appear on the TV and make a statement to all parents saying 'Don't do what we did'. Even turn it into an advert to make other parents think.

Obviously, they are suffering enough as it is at them moment and they do have my sympathies but when this is all over it shouldn't just be swept under the carpet.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 13:54   #119
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berezovski View Post
What a lot of rubbish! Did I say watcH?

Have you seen lots of independent 3 year olds?
Try reading your own post.
Quote:
I never left my kids alone until they were 13.
Where are 3 year olds mentioned ? - If you weren't watching them then you must have left them alone, make your mind up.

Quote:
Pathetic parents. They should be jailed.
Yes, of course, that would be best for everyone wouldn't it. While your at it why don't you jail the parents of Holly & Jessica, after all they let them wander the streets aged 10/11, and of course, we must immediately jail Sarah Paynes mother for leaving her young kids to play in a corn field.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 14:24   #120
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
In fact if it all ends happily they should appear on the TV and make a statement to all parents saying 'Don't do what we did'. Even turn it into an advert to make other parents think.
A campaign would be a good idea perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
While your at it why don't you jail the parents of Holly & Jessica, after all they let them wander the streets aged 10/11, and of course, we must immediately jail Sarah Paynes mother for leaving her young kids to play in a corn field.

The difference being of course, while kids growing up are prone to go out and play, it's not feasible to watch them wherever they are. Can you imagine parents following their kids out at play?!
Any parent with the opportunity to be able to know their three 3 year old kids are safe and well and not alone would do so.
At least, you'd like to think.
Kids are obviously not safe from predators, but where feasibly possible - i.e. not being left alone at night in a hotel - any parent I know would crawl over broken glass to make sure their kids were safe if it was possible.

I must say I refuse to accept anyone's idea that most people here are trying to detract from this horrific event by trying to apportion blame and not considering Madeleine.
This is people dealing and venting.
I guarantee there is not ONE person among the thousands here that thinks blaming people is the solution. It's human nature to say "if". No-one means any harm by it for goodness sake.
We all want the same outcome. What must we do, not discuss it at all?