Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Englands Turn to Cheer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Englands Turn to Cheer

Old 03-07-2006, 17:23   #16
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Englands Turn to Cheer

Come on guys, can't you just be happy that Britain had a representative who managed to get as far as he did?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2006, 17:27   #17
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by isomakkdragon
And the Engerland goalkeeper would never have been guilty of doing this during a match to waste a time and slow down the pace.

No never, honestly, the Engerland players are such good sports they don't dive like a big Gerrard in a friendly to win a penalty when the defender never even touched him or the domestic teams/national team never surround the ref "advising" on what course of action should be taken.

Wake up and smell the coco!

Another scotsman who bites easily.

Stick around, you'll fit in nicely.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 17:32   #18
isomakkdragon
Inactive

isomakkdragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
Another scotsman
For someone who is a pedant you may wish to get your facts right first before you make assumptions on my Nationality.

lolpmsl@u
isomakkdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 17:51   #19
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Quote:
For someone who is a pedant you may wish to get your facts right first before you make assumptions on my Nationality.

lolpmsl@u
Well, you come to the defence of a scotsman, it's very easy to make an assumption like that.

But hang on ! He has dragon in his username, surely nobody would be that stereotypically welsh.....could they ?

You still bite easily BTW
Old 03-07-2006, 18:04   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_PSR
the best example of an english player with no soul would be gerraint jones
Who?
Old 03-07-2006, 18:13   #21
isomakkdragon
Inactive

Quote:
Well, you come to the defence of a scotsman, it's very easy to make an assumption like that.

But hang on ! He has dragon in his username, surely nobody would be that stereotypically welsh.....could they ?

You still bite easily BTW
Wrong again! Never assume anything - it makes an ass of you and me.

Hmm, did you not reply to my initial post which was posted to wind up the initial poster who quite obviously couldn't wait to try and ease their "hurt". So whose the "biter". I for one do not care for this silly little Engerlish obsession with having another country support you when the national teams are indeed a separate entity.

Come on Ronald O.

And, may I ask who has Tim Henman got in this round??

The World is not laughing with Engerland but laughing at Engerland.

Old 03-07-2006, 18:18   #22
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
<snip>The World is not laughing with Engerland but laughing at Engerland.

In fairness, I'm sure that the Paraguayans, Trinidadians, Toboggans (I still don't know what the people of Tobago are known as ), Ecuadorians and, to a certain degree, the Swedes may not agree
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 18:21   #23
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack

Cyprus could well be looking at there very first major international champion, so instead of laughing at Murray getting knocked out we should applaud the fact that a lesser nations player got so far.

All together then lets have 3 cheers for Murray and Bonnie Scotland
gooner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 18:22   #24
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
<snip>
Erm......why would you be trying to wind up the OP ?

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - I am cheering him on and willing him to win. I am like that, I stand up for the 'home' teams where ever they are from
He already said he was all in favour of the home nations. Your post makes little sense.
Old 03-07-2006, 18:23   #25
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who?
england's wicket keeper who appeals for absolutely anything, regardless of whether the guy hit it or not
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 18:24   #26
isomakkdragon
Inactive

Quote:
Erm......why would you be trying to wind up the OP ? He already said he was all in favour of the home nations. Your post makes little sense.
Still "biting".

lol

Old 03-07-2006, 18:25   #27
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

I hate tennis,

But I am glad he is out.

he always fakes injury, or blames injury or lack of training....... maybe lack of your own self worth (your not as big or as good as you think).

your not brilliant, and if you become number one in the world, then I will accept that you are good at a bad sport.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 18:26   #28
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Still "biting".

lol

Eh This get's more confusing the more you post.

You're from Finland then.
Old 03-07-2006, 18:32   #29
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

in murray's defense, he stands a better chance of winning wimbledon than henman ever did, and is generally a better player

well, he stands as good a chance as anybody considering federer and rafa are going to be around for ages anyway
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:05   #30
Bengie
Inactive

Bengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really nice

My great granny stands more of a chance of winning Wimbledon than Henman.
Bengie is offline   Reply With Quote