Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FTTP problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Business Hitron Issues

Old 14-06-2023, 10:21   #1
bemak187
cf.member

bemak187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Business Hitron Issues

Hope someone can maybe advise. Sorry for the amount of detail.

Have relatives that have a Virgin Media Business connection. They had the old Hitron router and phone service for a few years and it was fine. VMB moved to VOIP for phone and they had to get a router replacement to the new Hitron Chita model which has a phone port. However since the router went in they have had no end of issues with it. Been going on for months now.

Virgin engineer came out and installed it and I then went in and changed the SSIDs to match their old system and all was fine. I got a call from them saying they had no internet, I went out and the SSIDs had reset themselves to the default. I figured it was a firmware update maybe caused it so I changed them back and left. I got a call about a week later saying no internet, same thing SSIDs had defaulted to factory. I tired connecting to the default SSIDs but I got on WiFi however no internet. Had to reboot the router. I changed the SSIDs again and left. A couple of days later same thing. The router is basically factory resetting itself over and over then requiring a reboot. I contacted Virgin and to be honest the support person wasn't that sure what to do. They did book and engineer who came out and he seemed to be fairly experienced, checked all the levels/signal but couldnt see anything so replaced the router.

I assumed it was fixed but again exactly the same thing happened. I decided to just switch off WiFi on the Hitron and connect a Wireless AP up. This gets round the SSIDs resetting but the Hitron still needs rebooted regularly or there is no internet connection. Can go a week being fine then goes a couple of times in a day. I can see that it is fully resetting itself as I had disabled WiFi on it but its re-enabling itself. It is like a full factory reset happening at random.

There have been no changes on their local network, the only change (other than me trying that Wireless AP) is that their router was swapped for one of the newer Hitron Chita models. I am assuming it has to either be a fault on the router (less likely as it was swapped) or something to do with the router syncing with the virgin network however virgin saying everything fine.
bemak187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement