Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2022, 14:19   #1
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nr. Grimsby
Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Posts: 83
Saul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about them
What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Our current VM contract expires this month so I tried to call Retentions this afternoon. However, instead of getting through to the UK call centre, I got through to a foreign call centre. The lady I spoke to was doing her best to be polite and helpful but the line was very poor so I missed a lot of what she was saying. She was obviously working through a script and didn't want to go to the nitty gritty of seeing what deal could be arranged. I made my apologies and ended the call because I was missing about half of what she was trying to say.

Is there a best time of day to call Retentions to get through to the UK call centre? They have always been very helpful and bad lines are not a problem. They can usually sort out a deal straightaway without having to go through a script asking for my favourite channels etc., which is why I would rather speak to them.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2022, 15:40   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,085
daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad View Post
Our current VM contract expires this month so I tried to call Retentions this afternoon. However, instead of getting through to the UK call centre, I got through to a foreign call centre. The lady I spoke to was doing her best to be polite and helpful but the line was very poor so I missed a lot of what she was saying. She was obviously working through a script and didn't want to go to the nitty gritty of seeing what deal could be arranged. I made my apologies and ended the call because I was missing about half of what she was trying to say.

Is there a best time of day to call Retentions to get through to the UK call centre? They have always been very helpful and bad lines are not a problem. They can usually sort out a deal straightaway without having to go through a script asking for my favourite channels etc., which is why I would rather speak to them.

Early, 9 am if possible. I've always got UK ringing at that time. In the afternoon it's a lottery. I also suspect you may have a better chance if you ring 150 from a VM landline (if you have one) rather than a mobile but that's just a hunch.

Last edited by daveeb; 06-06-2022 at 15:50.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 18:08   #3
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nr. Grimsby
Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Posts: 83
Saul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about them
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Early, 9 am if possible. I've always got UK ringing at that time. In the afternoon it's a lottery. I also suspect you may have a better chance if you ring 150 from a VM landline (if you have one) rather than a mobile but that's just a hunch.
Thanks Dave - much appreciated 👍
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 14:21   #4
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nr. Grimsby
Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Posts: 83
Saul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about themSaul's Grandad has a spectacular aura about them
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

I phoned this morning and got straight through to Retentions at a UK call centre. The lady i spoke to was extremely helpful and polite and managed to sort out great deal for me...essentially the same as we have now but with a slightly bigger discount (result!). She even arranged for someone to come out to fix our outside cable junction box, whose cover has been broken for months, which I tried and failed to sort out with VM back in the bad old lockdown days, when you couldn't speak to an actual person without waiting for hours.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 14:28   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,085
daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad View Post
I phoned this morning and got straight through to Retentions at a UK call centre. The lady i spoke to was extremely helpful and polite and managed to sort out great deal for me...essentially the same as we have now but with a slightly bigger discount (result!). She even arranged for someone to come out to fix our outside cable junction box, whose cover has been broken for months, which I tried and failed to sort out with VM back in the bad old lockdown days, when you couldn't speak to an actual person without waiting for hours.
Glad it's sorted. The early bird etc....
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 16:15   #6
Rillington
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Posts: 940
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Which aspects of VM's customer service are offshored and which are based in the UK?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 20:43   #7
daveeb
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,085
daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Which aspects of VM's customer service are offshored and which are based in the UK?
Purely in my experience all of it is offshore apart from retentions who are often (but not always as mentioned above) in the UK.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 16:24   #8
Rillington
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Posts: 940
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

thank you for the reply.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why almost all of their customer service is offshored?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 17:51   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!
 
pip08456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barry South Wales
Age: 66
Services: Now back with VM for BB & phone. 100Mb service.
Posts: 11,201
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
thank you for the reply.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why almost all of their customer service is offshored?
No need to guess, its cheaper. Offshore is an overflow for UK based. UK based is small.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2022, 16:43   #10
Rillington
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Posts: 940
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

If overseas and outsourced call centres are used as an overflow, I am curious as to why, if correct, that only retentions is UK-based.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2022, 19:22   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Posts: 8,081
Mr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronze
Mr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronzeMr K is cast in bronze
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
If overseas and outsourced call centres are used as an overflow, I am curious as to why, if correct, that only retentions is UK-based.
Because VM aren't interested in decent customer service, unless there's a risk of losing custom.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14.


Server: curium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.