Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2021, 22:20   #4396
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Quite unbelieveable.
I suppose it helps in the UK, that we have centralised NHS records. The asking of questions, eg allergies or adverse reactions to previous vaccinations, are asked at the vaccination centre.
I didn’t sign anything, but my sister said some of her friends had to sign a consent form? Anyone else have any anecdotal info?
Old 29-03-2021, 22:53   #4397
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Fascinating article on UK vs EU production, distribution and contracts can be found here:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2...-vaccinations/

It's an article where one paragraph leads to the next - so a quote would not be helpful.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 29-03-2021, 23:08   #4398
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Fascinating article on UK vs EU production, distribution and contracts can be found here:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2...-vaccinations/

It's an article where one paragraph leads to the next - so a quote would not be helpful.

I’ll quote one part of significance then:

Quote:
About the Author

Gareth Davies is a Professor of EU Law at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Which probably best explains his absurd conclusion:

Quote:
The UK thus decided to get as many vaccines as it could for itself, at any cost. It promises to contribute to global vaccine supply, but only after it has served itself. The European producers, by contrast, have accepted that they have a global and regional role, even though this means domestic shortages.
Throughout, his blog is confused about the sources of the vaccines (is it private companies, or nation states, or the EU? This changes almost from paragraph to paragraph, depending on which best fits his argument), fills important gaps with speculation, and then draws conclusions based on that speculation.
Old 29-03-2021, 23:25   #4399
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I didn’t sign anything, but my sister said some of her friends had to sign a consent form? Anyone else have any anecdotal info?
I was just verbally asked for my consent, after they had reeled off the possible side-effects.
They're not going to drag you off and inject you anyway, if you don't consent. It's not like a hospital operation, where you might be unable to leave or you have to agree to the specifics of what is planned.
Old 29-03-2021, 23:35   #4400
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Look what I found on https://www.contractsfinder.service....e-9999aecc753d. I don't think it has been disclosed in the forum before. It's too large to upload. My impression is that compared with the EU contract, it is very thorough and professional. I can't find anything in it that gives the UK preferential supply, but §13.2.9 is mildly interesting in that regard. Key clauses that I've pulled out are:

Quote:
5.4 The Parties agree and acknowledge that the Order is intended to represent the doses required by the Purchaser for the COVID-19 pandemic period, and that future orders for Product shall be placed by the Purchaser under another agreement to be negotiated by the Parties reasonably and acting in good faith.
Quote:
9.4 If through any action or intervention by any foreign Government, funder or Third Party to direct, influence, mandate or persuade AstraZeneca, its Affiliates or any of its Subcontractors to take or not take any actions so as to affect the performance hereunder or to affect the supply of
Product hereunder (including Delivery in accordance with REDACTED and/or the Delivery Schedule) such that supply is prevented, adversely effected, reduced, delayed, interfered with, cancelled, suspended, terminated or otherwise interrupted (a "Contract Interference"), including any action taken pursuant to or in consequence of any order or direction under the US Defense Production Act, then AstraZeneca shall promptly notify Purchaser of such event and circumstance (including the consequences in terms of the anticipated date by when Delivery of Product could be made) and, without prejudice to its other remedies hereunder upon written notice to AstraZeneca, Purchaser may cancel any future deliveries of Product and
terminate this Agreement, whereupon the consequences in clause 23 shall apply .
Quote:
13.2.9 it shall not enter into any agreement with any foreign Government, funder or Third Party that would by its terms conflict with AstraZeneca's obligations hereunder or would be reasonably expected to prevent AstraZeneca from performing its obligations hereunder;

Old 30-03-2021, 00:04   #4401
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Look what I found on https://www.contractsfinder.service....e-9999aecc753d. I don't think it has been disclosed in the forum before. It's too large to upload. My impression is that compared with the EU contract, it is very thorough and professional. I can't find anything in it that gives the UK preferential supply, but §13.2.9 is mildly interesting in that regard. Key clauses that I've pulled out are:

The canard now being regularly parroted by the EU and its shills is that the EU in fact signed its purchase agreement a day before the UK. This is to ignore the fact that the UK had a supply agreement in place months earlier. The existence of that agreement was public knowledge at the time; it was the very same agreement that gave AstraZeneca access to the Oxford vaccine instead of Oxford’s preferred, American manufacturer. It did this in order to guarantee supply to the UK. Furthermore it included pricing terms: AstraZeneca was to provide at cost. For all these reasons the date on the contract setting out the fine details of the final purchase agreement is irrelevant. So too, for that matter, is the existence (or not) of clauses relating to preferential supply. All of that was taken care of when AstraZeneca was brought on board.

The blog Pierre linked earlier uses the fact that the details of this original agreement are still confidential as an excuse to indulge in wild speculation about supposed British vaccine nationalism (that blog, hilariously, also uses the absence of evidence of vaccine exports of AstraZeneca vaccine to the UK from the Halix facility in the Netherlands, as proof that it may actually have happened. It’s proper wingnuts conspiracy stuff).
Old 30-03-2021, 00:10   #4402
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

IIRC It is Oxford University that stipulates that AZ has tosupply it at cost. AZ have been given the marketing rights, they don't own the intellectual property.

Last edited by nomadking; 30-03-2021 at 00:22.
Old 30-03-2021, 00:13   #4403
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
IIRC It is Oxford University that stipulates that AZ has to be supply it at cost. AZ have been given the marketing rights, they don't own the intellectual property.
At cost until the pandemic is over which could be defined as this July. (That month looks unlikely to me at the moment.)

Quote:
British drugmaker AstraZeneca promised in June not to make any profit from its COVID-19 vaccine "during the pandemic" — but the company could declare the pandemic over by July 2021, according to a manufacturer agreement.
https://www.businessinsider.com/astr...0-10?r=US&IR=T
Old 30-03-2021, 00:14   #4404
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
IIRC It is Oxford University that stipulates that AZ has to be supply it at cost. AZ have been given the marketing rights, they don't own the intellectual property.
That’s actually even better ... it blows a great big hole in that academic’s blog, which owes far too much to its own speculation as to the exact contents of prior agreements AstraZeneca has made. He has tried really hard to paint the UK government as mercenary and European governments as altruistic, though for the reasons I outlined earlier, it just doesn’t work.
Old 30-03-2021, 00:19   #4405
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
At cost until the pandemic is over which could be defined as this July. (That month looks unlikely to me at the moment.)

https://www.businessinsider.com/astr...0-10?r=US&IR=T
.... Specifically in the contract that after the 100 million contracted doses have been delivered, further supply shall be the subject of a different agreement.

Old 30-03-2021, 00:36   #4406
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Canada suspends use of AstraZeneca shot for under-55s

NACI recommends that AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine should not be used in adults under 55 years of age at this time while the safety signal of Vaccine-Induced Prothrombotic Immune Thrombocytopenia (VIPIT) following vaccination with AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is investigated further.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...er-adults.html
Old 30-03-2021, 01:15   #4407
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

Old 30-03-2021, 01:58   #4408
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Meanwhile this gives pause for thought.

Old 30-03-2021, 10:03   #4409
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Sorry my attention span has shrunk and a 26 minute video from another set of 'experts' from something called Biznews isn't going to get my attention.I'll stick with Professor Whitty's.
Old 30-03-2021, 10:10   #4410
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Just as Canada suspend use of the Astrazenica vaccine for under 55s the state propoganda machine have yet another puff piece about plucky upstarts Astrazenica being hard done by. It's almost as if they're prepared in advance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56570364

I'm quite sure a £94bn business isn't going to be exiting what's likely to be a huge money making market for the next few years.

While the vaccine is being supplied "at cost" for now there's no commitment to provide the likely ongoing annual boosters on that basis. I'm sure the Ugandans want to know why they're paying $8 compared to the EU paying $2 per shot also.
Closed Thread