Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ThinkBroadband Monitor - going RED

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

ThinkBroadband Monitor - going RED

Old 27-07-2021, 07:47   #1
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
ThinkBroadband Monitor - going RED

Anyone any ideas on this one?
Been running the quality monitor for a couple of years with no issue.
In the past 2-3 weeks it has goes to solid RED on three occasions overnight and stays red.
The Internet is still running fine and speeds are still 660Mb/s and upload at 42Mb/s.
I first thought my IP had changed but it had not.
In the end I found that rebooting the SH3 restarted the monitor OK.
Does this three times now - and nothing in the SH3 logs.
Have VM changed something? I know you can not do BT routers.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2021, 11:34   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: ThinkBroadband Monitor - going RED

I just checked mine, and it's been solid red since 12pm on 21st July. ???

This can happen if my IP changes, but it hasn't.

Last edited by Taf; 27-07-2021 at 12:22.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 14:47   #3
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Working ok on our line over IPv6

Old 27-07-2021, 15:07   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

My IP hasn't changed for a couple of years but looking at the quality monitor it was showing red from 8 pm on 21st to 10 am on the 23rd. I had no appreciable reduction to speeds and normal readings came back without my intervention.
Old 27-07-2021, 16:08   #5
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

OK - so did some searching and found references that 'Flood Protection' on the SH3 can cause this.
Switched it off and within 10 minutes I could see the red had stopped.
However the threads reporting it say the the red still comes back at times even with 'Flood Protection' off.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 16:21   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I deleted the monitor and made a new one. So far, so good.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 16:35   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Had a look back at our BQM over those dates and nothing shows. There again our SH3 is in modem mode.
Old 29-07-2021, 10:00   #8
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I checked back over the last month. No sign of this phenomenon with my SH4 - modem-only mode.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 13:11   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Mine's all good but I am in modem mode as well. It is going to down to the setting on the shub which dictates how it responds to ping requests and whether or not that setting is playing up. Has there been a new firmware update which could have introduced a bug?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 14:23   #10
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them

Checked mine and it went solid red just after 7:00 am on 21/07 and continued uninterrupted until now when I’ve just rebooted the hub.

Last edited by Huxie; 29-07-2021 at 14:34.
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote