Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Meghan/Harry

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Meghan/Harry

Old 12-03-2021, 23:01   #121
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Meghan/Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I think it says more about the media and the establishment. Keep the proles talking about the irrelevant things while the important things go under the radar.
So do you think the coronavirus has gone under the radar?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2021, 00:38   #122
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So do you think the coronavirus has gone under the radar?
I wouldn't say under the radar but, for the first time since the beginning of last year, it wasn't the first item on the news. In fact, I think it was the 3rd or fourth item!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 04:11   #123
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
More fall out from the latest 'woke bomb' . .

Meghan racism row: Society of Editors boss Ian Murray resigns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56355274
More woke crap:

A broadcaster earlier this evening had obviously been spoken to and conceded that he'd made an 'innapropriate' remark earlier on Radio 4 whilst talking about the alleged racism by the royal family.

Had he called someone the N word? Nope. Had he said something derogatory based on skin colour or race? Nope. He had used the phrase 'you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush'.

You can bet your life that it was some white virtue signalling idiot manager at the BBC who had taken offence to this on behalf of black people, who, in my experience just get on with their lives and find the whole thing embarrassing.
Old 13-03-2021, 09:24   #124
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Faux outrage, Richard?

You seem to, ironically, look for things to be upset about...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 13-03-2021 at 11:19.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 09:26   #125
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Faux outrage, Richard?

You seem to, ironically, look for things to be upset about...
Old 13-03-2021, 09:57   #126
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
More woke crap:

A broadcaster earlier this evening had obviously been spoken to and conceded that he'd made an 'innapropriate' remark earlier on Radio 4 whilst talking about the alleged racism by the royal family.

Had he called someone the N word? Nope. Had he said something derogatory based on skin colour or race? Nope. He had used the phrase 'you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush'.

You can bet your life that it was some white virtue signalling idiot manager at the BBC who had taken offence to this on behalf of black people, who, in my experience just get on with their lives and find the whole thing embarrassing.

It truly is a mad world we now live in.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 11:51   #127
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Only if you believe half the made up rubbish that is used to stoke outrage...

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Quote:
More woke crap:

Just tried googling for this (search terms "radio 4" "tar" "brush") in the last 24 hours - not a thing...

You sure you're not "mis-remembering" again, or did he say "touch of the tar brush", which is derogatory?

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

In the Times today, a humourous column by Hugo Rifkind

My week, by the Queen (as told to Hugo Rifkind)

My favourite bit
Quote:
“Anyway,” says Kate, nervously. “Wills and I have decided we need to lead the fightback. To save the family reputation for the next generation.”

Stiffly, Charles points out that he’s the heir.

“Yes, but we know young people,” says William.

“I know some,” begins Andrew.

“Please,” says Charles. “Just stop talking.”
Old 13-03-2021, 12:05   #128
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
“Anyway,” says Kate, nervously. “Wills and I have decided we need to lead the fightback. To save the family reputation for the next generation.”

Stiffly, Charles points out that he’s the heir.

“Yes, but we know young people,” says William.

“I know some,” begins Andrew.

“Please,” says Charles. “Just stop talking.”

That is funny...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 12:06   #129
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The Hugo Rifkind article stirs something.

When Charlie Farley becomes king, that ridiculous man will be barely respected by the UK population. It's likely that one of the first things he'll do is to spout off about the environment. You don't hear the Queen spouting off about anything.

Of course there's the chance that Charlie will behave differently as King than he does as Prince. But he also carries the stigma in public eyes of Diana's treatment and fate.

Some Commonwealth countries will displace the Monarchy as their head of state plus there will be a row about Camilla being the formal Queen.

Harry, the spare prince, now needs to put a sock in his and his wife's mouth and get on with their lives in the USA.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 12:51   #130
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

With all due respect Charles speaks out about his interests now while he can still so. If he does ever become Monarch I'm pretty sure that will stop. He's known his place all his life.
Old 13-03-2021, 14:02   #131
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Charlie Hebdo depicts Queen kneeling on Meghan Markle's neck like George Floyd

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...w-george-floyd

OOH heck
Old 13-03-2021, 15:09   #132
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
With all due respect Charles speaks out about his interests now while he can still so. If he does ever become Monarch I'm pretty sure that will stop. He's known his place all his life.
He knows his place because he's 1 doen from the top.
When he's top of the pile, .....

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 15:38   #133
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Only if you believe half the made up rubbish that is used to stoke outrage...

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Just tried googling for this (search terms "radio 4" "tar" "brush") in the last 24 hours - not a thing...

You sure you're not "mis-remembering" again, or did he say "touch of the tar brush", which is derogatory?

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

In the Times today, a humourous column by Hugo Rifkind

My week, by the Queen (as told to Hugo Rifkind)

My favourite bit
It was said on this programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000t03w I'm not outraged by it, it's just getting stupid(er) now. All it will do is wind folk up & cause problems for racial harmony. People will think it's black people doing things like this, when the majority don't in my professional & personal experience.
Old 14-03-2021, 03:29   #134
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I thought that this was a joke at first, but apparently not

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/...p-pay-23708141
Old 14-03-2021, 15:04   #135
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It was said on this programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000t03w I'm not outraged by it, it's just getting stupid(er) now. All it will do is wind folk up & cause problems for racial harmony. People will think it's black people doing things like this, when the majority don't in my professional & personal experience.
Quote:
More woke crap:

Not outraged?

OK, then...

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m not going to listen to a 28 minute radio programme to see if you heard something correctly - life’s too short.