Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Chronicles of Rishi

Old 09-02-2023, 22:21   #346
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rishi Sunak is Prime Minister

Go, Nads!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-64590795

Quote:
Nadine Dorries to stand down as MP at next election

Former culture secretary Nadine Dorries has said she will not be standing as an MP at the next general election.

Conservative Ms Dorries used her TalkTV show to announce her departure and hit out at "MPs who drank the Kool-Aid and got rid of Boris Johnson".

She has been a critic of Rishi Sunak's government since he entered Number 10.

Parliament's anti-corruption watchdog said the Mid Bedfordshire MP broke the ministerial code by not consulting it before she took the TV job.
Another rat leaving the sinking ship…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2023, 23:30   #347
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
True you have been critical of the govt but you then went on to suggest that the main issue was Truss wrecking the economy. Truss was just more of the same incompetence and self serving, the last 13 years have been a complete disaster and they deserve to be gone for a very long time.
Truss trashed the economy which had hitherto been bimbling along like other European economies Her few weeks in office broke any semblance of regard for the government and its history Her incompetence outranked everything else - even Boris who was bad.

Standing back, in the 13 years, we couldn't even properly deliver HS2, which they are now cutting back on to the point of near uselessness. They've totally misread the global threat from Russia/China and have allowed our armed forces and equipment to run down (Labour weren't any different). They've done little or nothing to increase the number of training places for doctors. They, and all previous governments, have neglected to put a proper energy policy in place.

We are so badly governed - the UK is a true shit-house now. And the answer certainly isn't a Labour government who will be no better because they have no idea either how to deliver.

All of the above I've said in various posts.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:43   #348
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Labour retains West Lancashire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64570223

Quote:
Labour achieved a 10.5% swing from the Tories to maintain its majority of more than 8,000 as fewer than one in three eligible voters turned out in the bitterly cold conditions.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:53   #349
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Go, Nads!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-64590795

Another rat leaving the sinking ship…
Safe seat though and she is an ally of Johnson....
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:07   #350
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There you go again. I have been and am being very critical of the government today and the net minus position we're in after 13 years.

Please read my posts properly before you sound off.
Don't worry I read your posts esp. the one where you said you voted for Liz Truss for PM

Just to be clear then: you do not plan to vote Conservative at the next GE then, given your manifold criticisms of your Party?
Old 10-02-2023, 11:08   #351
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Don't worry I read your posts esp. the one where you said you voted for Liz Truss for PM

Just to be clear then: you do not plan to vote Conservative at the next GE then, given your manifold criticisms of your Party?
John Redwood is my MP. I will be voting for him.

As to my (regrettable) vote for Truss, it was between her and Sunak and she had an economic vision. How was I to know she couldn't execute properly? I suppose the clue might have been in her lack of presentational skills.

Anyway, I regard the front bench now as mainly nodding dogs and it galls me that there is little that can replace them.

As for your sort, voting Labour is no solution either. They'll squeeze the middle class even more, won't know any better how to secure a proper energy policy. However. the fickle public won't care as long as they can get the current lot out because life goes on to an extent despite government.

Old 10-02-2023, 15:04   #352
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
As to my (regrettable) vote for Truss, it was between her and Sunak and she had an economic vision. How was I to know she couldn't execute properly? I suppose the clue might have been in her lack of presentational skills.
What you saw was her economic vision, it was just idiotic. She was warned by Sunak on television about what would happen. We discussed what would happen here. https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=3898

Quote:
She'll be fine in the Tory Leadership race. Saying you'll get massive tax cuts without any spending cuts is what they want to hear. It'll fall apart though when it comes to implementation and policy and since she'll be PM she actually has to act on it soon.
It was stupid. She said stupid things to get elected, dismissed the warnings and scaremongering then crashed the economy by doing the exact thing people said would not be possible.

Last edited by Damien; 10-02-2023 at 15:14.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 16:48   #353
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Properly planned and executed, lower taxes and proper investment is the way forward.

Old 10-02-2023, 16:51   #354
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
John Redwood is my MP. I will be voting for him.

Anyway, I regard the front bench now as mainly nodding dogs and it galls me that there is little that can replace them.

As for your sort, voting Labour is no solution either. They'll squeeze the middle class even more, won't know any better how to secure a proper energy policy. However. the fickle public won't care as long as they can get the current lot out because life goes on to an extent despite government.
You get all sensitive when challenged:

Quote:
Why are you being so aggressive?
and then you say:

Quote:
As for your sort
Not sure what "my sort" is but if you are going to vote again for one the ERG arch-Brexitists, after all the damage they have caused then this does say it all.
Old 10-02-2023, 17:06   #355
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

I vote for John Redwood as a person well suited to representing my interests in Parliament.

Old 10-02-2023, 17:18   #356
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Properly planned and executed, lower taxes and proper investment is the way forward.
As ridiculous as it might seem, our taxes (with NI) in the UK are probably too low to maintain the appropriate level of spending on the NHS, defence, education and other key services. We cannot be a Singapore and through NATO we are committed to being a key player in Europe's defence.

Quote:
The United Kingdom ranked 23rd¹ out of 38 OECD countries in terms of the tax-to-GDP ratio in 2021.

In 2021, the United Kingdom had a tax-to-GDP ratio of 33.5% compared with the OECD average of 34.1%. In 2020, the United Kingdom was ranked 25th out of the 38 OECD countries in terms of the tax-to-GDP ratio.
https://www.oecd.org/tax/revenue-sta...ed-kingdom.pdf
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 18:12   #357
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I vote for John Redwood as a person well suited to representing my interests in Parliament.
I get it. The said, Mr Redwood, is certainly representing his interests, unfortunately, outside of Parliament:

Westminster Accounts: MPs earn £17.1m on top of their salaries since the last election - with Tories taking £15.2m

Quote:
Fellow Conservative Sir John Redwood came in fifth, earning £692,438 with the majority coming from his "global strategist" role at investment firm Charles Stanley.
I know where his priorities lie.

For the "whataboutists", the 2 Labour MP's on this top 20 list (albeit near the bottom), although earning a fraction of Redwood's money, should also not be working part time.
Old 10-02-2023, 18:15   #358
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You and OB might be in a minority there. Be a nice change to have a Labour MP
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/...seat=Wokingham
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 21:00   #359
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I wonder which are the 40 odd seats they'd have left if we had an election in the near future.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 21:35   #360
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Utter, total crap. That link contains total tripe.

I know this constituency and it's the Lib-Dems who would give JR a run for his money, not Labour. No way Labour.