Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Um...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Um...

Old 08-04-2005, 00:31   #1
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Um...

It is just me or is this not right for a 1MBit connection?
Even my router confirms that my link speed is only 1152kbps, as seen in the 2nd screenshot.
Maybe it's another Windows XP Pro x64 bug to add to the list... faster downloads than you're supposed to get.

EDIT: OK, I know I need to change the clock on my router.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2005, 00:33   #2
Millay
Inactive

Millay has reached the bronze age
Millay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Millay Send a message via Yahoo to Millay
Re: Um...

I found have found this a few times with downloads, i even had one runnign at 600k a sec once on 3mbit connection.. this was right after i upgraded.. have not seen it recently...
Millay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 00:38   #3
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Many apps have inconsistencies in reporting speeds all the time i find.
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 00:40   #4
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

are you on a sacm? what speed does it reckon you are at? (http://root:root@192.168.100.1/)

seems very strange...did it sustain that speed?
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:31   #5
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

I'm on Nildram DSL1000, as shown in my profile to the left of my post.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:31   #6
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

If it displaying a high speed like that again, stop the download and try a speed test...

Also, try the free NetMeter See if it still comes out the same. If it does, looks like you have been given a free upgrade to 1.5mbps
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06   #7
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard M
I'm on Nildram DSL1000, as shown in my profile to the left of my post.
me stoopid. me no speekee english

bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote