Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon Music and Prime new benefits

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Amazon Music and Prime new benefits

Old 01-11-2022, 17:02   #1
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Amazon Music and Prime new benefits

100% content now included with Prime using a shuffle mode the same as Spotify.

https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/ent...prime-benefits
Old 01-11-2022, 22:44   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Amazon Music and Prime new benefits

Dont care about podcasts, but the additional music might be handy.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 23:22   #3
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Dont care about podcasts, but the additional music might be handy.
TBH if I did not get Tidal cheap I would use this and if I did pay for Spotify this would make me seriously consider jumping ship as shuffle mode does not bother me and Amazon do say Ad free
Old 02-11-2022, 00:27   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I've just been messing around with this, finding it extremely confusing but starting to understand how it works and will test in car tomorrow.

From what I gather....
You can create a play list but can't select which song you want to play it'll pick a song at random from that list and you can't skip to the next track, so this is a huge negative for me!
Old 02-11-2022, 12:22   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I've just been messing around with this, finding it extremely confusing but starting to understand how it works and will test in car tomorrow.

From what I gather....
You can create a play list but can't select which song you want to play it'll pick a song at random from that list and you can't skip to the next track, so this is a huge negative for me!
The only time I use Amazon music is on an Echo device and tend to just be an artist

I have a Simply Red playlist and just said Alexa play Simply Red and it said
Shuffling your Simply Red playlist and similar artists and it is letting me skip

Do you have an echo auto?
Old 02-11-2022, 12:31   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
The only time I use Amazon music is on an Echo device and tend to just be an artist

I have a Simply Red playlist and just said Alexa play Simply Red and it said
Shuffling your Simply Red playlist and similar artists and it is letting me skip

Do you have an echo auto?
I don't use anything like that I use with Android Auto in car with steering wheel, will check how it works when I leave for work.
Old 02-11-2022, 13:12   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

From what I gather....
When I’ve used it yesterday and today, whilst it creates a shuffle list, it always (if it’s available*) plays the song I initially requested first.

*I’ve played around six songs, most of which were previously not available on the standard Amazon Prime Music - the only one that wasn’t still available was "The Story of the Blues" by The Mighty Wah…

And for those who don’t, or are to young to, remember it.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 13:15   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Amazon Music (and Spotify) family plan: six logins, up to six simultaneous streams, but only one stream per login.

Apple Music family plan: six logins, up to six simultaneous streams, don’t care how many streams each login has simultaneously as long as the total for the account doesn’t exceed six.

Which means if you have Echo devices in multiple locations in a family home and want your family to be able to choose their own music in their own bedrooms, the only music streaming service you can actually use is Apple, and not Amazon’s own product.

Rather than messing about with gimmicks like this they ought to have someone actually think through how their subscribers want to use the service and get the basics right …
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 13:16   #9
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
When I’ve used it yesterday and today, whilst it creates a shuffle list, it always (if it’s available*) plays the song I initially requested first.

*I’ve played around six songs, most of which were previously not available on the standard Amazon Prime Music - the only one that wasn’t still available was "The Story of the Blues" by The Mighty Wah…

that is strange cuz it just played it for me

I think they are having issues with it migrating so far. It played it once when I asked a second time it went off on a tangent and then on the 3rd attempt it just started playing similar stuff 4th time it played it right off again

I think if you are happy just selecting an artist or listening to mixes like 80s 90s and so on it will be good enough for individual tracks it is definitely worse than it was before. Thankfully I stopping using Echo devices for music a long time ago and now use my PC and Amp as it is much better and just as easy to use

Last edited by Jaymoss; 02-11-2022 at 13:23.
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 13:24   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
that is strange cuz it just played it for me

I think they are having issues with it migrating so far. It played it once when I asked a second time it went off on a tangent and then on the 3rd attempt it just started playing similar stuff 4th time it played it right off again
Very strange - if I ask Alexa to play "Story of the Blues", it plays it.

If I ask for "Story of the Blues by the Mighty Wah", it says "playing Story of the Blues and similar songs", it then starts a shuffle list of Pete Wylie & The Mighty Wah songs, but not starting with "Story of the Blues"…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 13:42   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
If you created the play list, why would you want to skip them

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 13:45   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

I've just tried using it on Android Auto in my car and it was a disaster, I have no options to even see my play list, I only have their play lists.

I now need an alternative streaming service I can use my play list with and skip tracks, but I will have to pay for it I guess.

Bloody Amazon are likely to lose me as a Prime customer now.
Old 02-11-2022, 14:00   #13
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
I've just tried using it on Android Auto in my car and it was a disaster, I have no options to even see my play list, I only have their play lists.

I now need an alternative streaming service I can use my play list with and skip tracks, but I will have to pay for it I guess.

Bloody Amazon are likely to lose me as a Prime customer now.
Tidal FTW mate
Old 03-11-2022, 11:04   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Tidal FTW mate
You're not wrong Jay! just signed up to Tidal Hifi for a really expensive $99(ars) a month..........which works out at a grand total of £0.56 pence a month, not sure how i am going to be able to afford it but it works and with Android Auto!

Cheers for this Argentina Tidal for the win!

I would rep you but i need to spam the love.
Old 03-11-2022, 21:31   #15
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

After Tidal got caught out lying about MQA's quality by GoldenSound, I switched to Qobuz. Job's a goodun.