Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 5th Upstream

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

5th Upstream

Old 08-10-2022, 14:37   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
5th Upstream

I just noticed that there is now a 5th upstream channel here in Swansea, this must have happened when I was in hospital.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (121.5 KB, 118 views)
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2022, 11:19   #2
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: 5th Upstream

You actually have six 5 on 3.0 and 1 on 3.1
Old 27-10-2022, 11:49   #3
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

I'm in the m350 package and have recently upgraded from hub 3 to hub 5. But don't have any docsis 3.1 channels...are these reserved for the gig1 package?
Old 27-10-2022, 11:55   #4
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Strange timing, after some badly timed downtime this morning I now have a 5th 3.0 upstream and 1 3.1 upstream, not sure why they felt that 10am on thursday was an acceptable time to do that but hey ho!

Hopefully paving the way for some upstream boosts on 1Gig
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2022, 15:19   #5
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

I have the 5th upstream and the 3.1 us channel since the last couple of months.
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2022, 16:07   #6
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by olisun View Post
I have the 5th upstream and the 3.1 us channel since the last couple of months.
what speed are you on?
Old 27-10-2022, 16:55   #7
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
what speed are you on?
1gig

I had reported the same back in August.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...el/m-p/5099243

And here on this very forum.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33711254
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2022, 01:07   #8
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

I noticed the extra upstream about a week before the PSTN switch-off here in Havant...

The extra channel was also a long way outside of the other broadband operating frequencies, so I imagine that's the main use...

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2022, 19:40   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Strange timing, after some badly timed downtime this morning I now have a 5th 3.0 upstream and 1 3.1 upstream, not sure why they felt that 10am on thursday was an acceptable time to do that but hey ho!

Hopefully paving the way for some upstream boosts on 1Gig
My connection down near Cambridge also rebooted bang on 10am, I now have 5 3.0 upstreams.
Old 28-10-2022, 19:58   #10
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Very strange maintenance windows virgin seem to have l, maybe it's needed to get everywhere upgraded before the end of the year or something
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2022, 20:11   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

My package is M200 with a Hub5, still no 3.1 Upstreams.

Would have thought they would rename M200 since the speed uplift.
Old 28-10-2022, 21:33   #12
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

It's weird, I've switched to the Hub 5 today and now I've lost the 6th 3.1 upstream I had, now seemingly on 5 3.0.

Is that normal?
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2022, 22:55   #13
crazyronnie
cf.addict

i've only got 5 3.0 upstreams and no 3.1 upstream or downstream on my hub 5. im guessing its because im on M350 and not gig1. i would have thought a docsis 3.1 modem would have automatically locked on to 3.1 channels
Old 29-10-2022, 04:05   #14
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
i've only got 5 3.0 upstreams and no 3.1 upstream or downstream on my hub 5. im guessing its because im on M350 and not gig1. i would have thought a docsis 3.1 modem would have automatically locked on to 3.1 channels
i got my hub 5 today changed from a hub 4 and my status page no longer seems to show me the D3.1 channel on down stream (gig1)only showing the 31 3.0 channels i haven't had the upstream upgrades yet still just 4 3.0 so i dont know about that side but im thinking they are hiding the 3.1 channels in the stats page for some reason
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 19:39   #15
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Four 3.0 upstreams here, hub 5 doesnt seem to show 3.1 channels. So no idea if I have a 3.1 US channel.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote