Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 22-11-2022, 23:41   #1801
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Oh he’s definitely not left. Keeping quiet, perhaps, but never far away.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2022, 17:20   #1802
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Disney+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Watch out for fireworks at Disney + Mr Inger has two years to turn it around my guess is ESPN and Hulu ( which they may have to buy out from Comcast) are in the firing line , along with price rises ,sign up for the longest deal you can get , if you want to save money over the next year or so. The start of the death of the streamers going to Walt Disney world for a seasonal break with family.
Nah, maybe one or two will go but they won't all die off.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2022, 08:51   #1803
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

For anyone interested the ITVX website is up and running. It gives a good idea of the content.

https://www.itv.com/
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2022, 11:45   #1804
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The full ITVX experience, including all Premium content, has already been launched on the following platforms:

• Android TV
• Chromecast
• Huawei
• NOW Smart Sticks and Boxes*
• Roku Streaming Players*
• Samsung Smart TVs (2016 and above)
• Sky Glass and Sky Stream puck
• Web Browsers
• Xbox One/S/X and Xbox Series X/S

* minimum firmware v11.0.2

This list was last updated on 29/11/22 at 11:20.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2022, 19:56   #1805
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

An interesting quote in an article about the BBC being able to expand their archive content on iPlayer:

'However, Virgin Media O2 was concerned about the impact the increased amount of older content on the iPlayer would have on the UKTV pay channels. Virgin Media O2 claimed the UKTV pay channels were a ‘fundamental part’ of its pay TV offer. Ofcom disagreed. It noted that all seven UKTV channels only account for 5% of total viewing time on Virgin Media devices. The three Pay TV channels provided by UKTV – Alibi, Eden and Gold – make up 2% of viewing on Virgin Media devices. (BARB 28-day consolidated, 4+ individuals. H1 2022.)

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/ofcom-gree...hive-expansion

Last edited by SonicMaster; 30-11-2022 at 20:18.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:18   #1806
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
An interesting quote in an article about the BBC being able to expand their archive content on iPlayer:

'However, Virgin Media O2 was concerned about the impact the increased amount of older content on the iPlayer would have on the UKTV pay channels. Virgin Media O2 claimed the UKTV pay channels were a ‘fundamental part’ of its pay TV offer. Ofcom disagreed. It noted that all seven UKTV channels only account for 5% of total viewing time on Virgin Media devices. The three Pay TV channels provided by UKTV – Alibi, Eden and Gold – make up 2% of viewing on Virgin Media devices. (BARB 28-day consolidated, 4+ individuals. H1 2022.)

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/ofcom-gree...hive-expansion
If VM spent less time crying to Ofcom constantly and more time in sorting out their customer service then they might actually have a half decent product.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:05   #1807
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Discovery+ now free to BT sport customers (BT, Plusnet and EE only). https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/discov...t-subscribers/
Old 01-12-2022, 13:26   #1808
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if the BT Sport channels will be added to Discovery+ ? , the longer term plan is to have it all in 1 app whatever that's called.

Quote:
“Having news, sports and entertainment coming together in one package is incredibly compelling for consumers and … we think Warner Bros. Discovery is in pole position to take advantage of that.”

While HBO Max has yet to launch in the U.K. due to a lengthy output deal between HBO and Comcast-backed pay-TV operator Sky that expires only in 2025, Perrette underlined that a single product will “ultimately house the Discovery product and HBO Max and sports — the whole package in one.”

The offering will be tiered in some markets, he said, “given the premium nature of sports in this portfolio,” but all content will sit under the umbrella of one streaming product and offering.
https://variety.com/2022/sports/glob...jv-1235265074/

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Discovery+ now free to BT sport customers (BT, Plusnet and EE only). https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/discov...t-subscribers/
Post on BT forum says It's a staff trail , someone must of leaked the web link.

Quote:
I can tell you that it will be early 2023 that you'll get access to the D+ app - employee trials start tomorrow to test the process for application.
Discussions are still ongoing regarding the BT Sport channels being added to it, but I believe it likely to still be a few months away - much later than originally expected.
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport.../page/2#M34145

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 01-12-2022 at 13:30.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 14:57   #1809
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
I don't know if the BT Sport channels will be added to Discovery+ ? , the longer term plan is to have it all in 1 app whatever that's called.

https://variety.com/2022/sports/glob...jv-1235265074/

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Post on BT forum says It's a staff trail , someone must of leaked the web link.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport.../page/2#M34145
Someone has breached a NDA then and could find themselves in very hot water if they get found out.
Old 02-12-2022, 21:18   #1810
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Just discovered a quirky “joy” of watching 2 live games on ITV Hub. You get to watch two adverts every time you switch between games.

You don’t get that in the linear broadcasts.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:19   #1811
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Just discovered a quirky “joy” of watching 2 live games on ITV Hub. You get to watch two adverts every time you switch between games.

You don’t get that in the linear broadcasts.
That is something one would want to avoid.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:31   #1812
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I remember 6 months ago I started watching something on normal ITV and wanted to continue it in another location via ITVHub, I found it impossible to skip ahead to try and rejoin where I left off without it throwing a long advert at me after every skip, does it still do this?

And they wonder why people look for alternative methods to watch stuff! Cough..... TeaTV........Cough
Old 03-12-2022, 12:00   #1813
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I remember 6 months ago I started watching something on normal ITV and wanted to continue it in another location via ITVHub, I found it impossible to skip ahead to try and rejoin where I left off without it throwing a long advert at me after every skip, does it still do this?

And they wonder why people look for alternative methods to watch stuff! Cough..... TeaTV........Cough
You may not like it but adverts are the entire reason ITV is free to air in the first place. It’s not surprising their streaming tech would similarly include adverts. Unskippable adverts may be the salvation of free public service TV in the long run, as if more people catch up via streaming than via a PVR which would allow them to skip the adverts.

There will always be people motivated enough to use pirate services to avoid them but I doubt there are nearly enough of them to seriously dent ITV’s business model.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 14:19   #1814
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You may not like it but adverts are the entire reason ITV is free to air in the first place. It’s not surprising their streaming tech would similarly include adverts. Unskippable adverts may be the salvation of free public service TV in the long run, as if more people catch up via streaming than via a PVR which would allow them to skip the adverts.

There will always be people motivated enough to use pirate services to avoid them but I doubt there are nearly enough of them to seriously dent ITV’s business model.
You completely misunderstood my issue.

I've got no issue with ads my issue is it was impossible for me to skip to the place I left off on normal ITV and refind the exact time of the show on the ITVHub app, as I didn't know the time I stopped watching it so every single skip I did to try and find the correct place I had to sit through minutes of ads each time, this happened everytime I moved the slider, after 10mins I had to give up.
Old 03-12-2022, 14:38   #1815
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I get none of the unskippable adverts using Brave haha

I elect when I want browser ads by using Gener8 and I get points for doing so. I have managed to grab £6s worth of Amazon vouchers in a couple of months and will be trying to grab another £3 one this week