Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recommend me Smart Speakers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recommend me Smart Speakers

Old 05-11-2022, 16:18   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Recommend me Smart Speakers

I am after a good quality Smart Speaker for my livingroom, I've not had any Smart devices before.

It needs to be

Black
LCD Screen built in
Install Tidal Argentinian account on it for seamless playback in English on the display
Internet Radio

Not too bothered on cost for now, I just want to see if it'll be possible with the above especially Tidal seeing it's not a UK account.
Old 05-11-2022, 16:30   #2
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Recommend me Smart Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I am after a good quality Smart Speaker for my livingroom, I've not had any Smart devices before.

It needs to be

Black
LCD Screen built in
Install Tidal Argentinian account on it for seamless playback in English on the display
Internet Radio

Not too bothered on cost for now, I just want to see if it'll be possible with the above especially Tidal seeing it's not a UK account.
An Echo Show looks likely to fit your bill. But the speaker itself might be a let down. Sonos using phone/tablet wifi connection is another way to do it. LCD screens built into things aren't a necessity anymore.

I have a 5.1 speaker home theatre set up with a Yamaha AV, so this kind of set up would do exactly what you say as well. Using an Ipad/phone as a controller. This is by far a more complete and better way around things than buying small or extra speakers to do the same but crappier job.

Last edited by peanut; 05-11-2022 at 16:39.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 16:44   #3
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

It needs to be

Black
LCD Screen built in
Internet Radio

If you have a home cinema then possible not a speaker at all but the Fire TV Cube connected to your amp. I did not test this when I had one but the theory stands up. Only issue is you would have to turn your amp on first so maybe a smart plug and a routine like Alexa I want to play some music. It turns on Amp then you choose your tracks

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Remember it is Black Friday on the 25th. They will drop most echo devices down that day maybe even the new 10 inch which is their flagship speaker
Old 05-11-2022, 16:51   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks all, was going to wait for Black Friday but my main concern was using my Argentinian Tidal account with it, this needs to work perfectly and after what Amazon have done to Prime Music I don't currently trust them so need to know for sure that an Amazon product wouldn't cause an issue.

No Home Cinema here just a soundbar for TV, so this speaker/device will be separate and I want top notch.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 05-11-2022 at 17:08.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 17:08   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Thanks all, was going to wait for Black Friday but my main concern was using my Argentinian Tidal account with it, this needs to work perfectly and after what Amazon have done to Prime Music I don't currently trust them so need to know for sure that an Amazon product wouldn't cause an issue.
Why would it? I will test it

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Good call Tidal is not available to link in the UK apparently
Old 05-11-2022, 17:11   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Why would it? I will test it

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Good call Tidal is not available to link in the UK apparently[
That was my concern and the only reason I want a speaker.

Last edited by Hugh; 05-11-2022 at 20:44.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 17:15   #7
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:

That was my concern and the only reason I want a speaker.
You can do it if you set up your speaker to an amazon.com account. So if you mainly want to use it for music and other stuff instead of shopping it still could be a go

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

When I get time I will test it out on an old echo dot I have lying around