Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | You Robbing Barstewards

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

You Robbing Barstewards

Old 07-03-2022, 22:36   #16
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: You Robbing Barstewards

I paid £9.00 for my first month with Smarty, free calls, free messaging and 4Gb data. Since then never paid more than £6.00 as unused data is credited and I don't use that much for data.

Attached Images
File Type: png Smarty.png (18.0 KB, 158 views)
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2022, 19:38   #17
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Email today from Tesco

'You may have heard that the big networks are raising their bills. But don’t worry, at Tesco Mobile, we keep your contract price frozen - just like our peas, so you know exactly where you stand.'

Sorted
I don't trust them... they are part owned by Virgin Media o2... so will more than like jack the prices up when they see fit.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 22:40   #18
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
I don't trust them... they are part owned by Virgin Media o2... so will more than like jack the prices up when they see fit.
I share your cynicism but I've been with them for around 8 or 9 years and they have never done that yet. In that same time frame VM have probably had about a dozen price rises.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:05   #19
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
I just received this text from Virgin mobile

At a time when people are struggling to heat their homes and some even put food on the table how on earth can this type of corporate theft be allowed to continue?

I am utterly disgusted and I wont be negotiating a price with them I will be leaving.
While I feel your pain about the price rises, but not really theft, corporate or otherwise. As you state, you have the option of leaving. Depending on your needs, you may even have the option of not having a mobile. That is not something you can say about heat or food..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:58   #20
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

The Tesco freeze is for the period of your contract. When the contract is up, be prepared for a hefty price rise.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 12:15   #21
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
The Tesco freeze is for the period of your contract. When the contract is up, be prepared for a hefty price rise.
Just checked for £1 more 30gig instead of10 , :not what I would call hefty so that is £10 per month paying £9 . Who know's bank may even has cash back when the time comes !

Last edited by Itshim; 03-04-2022 at 12:18.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 13:53   #22
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
When my contract is up I either negotiate something better or just leave it as it is, they have never (yet) put the price up on me.
Old 03-04-2022, 18:51   #23
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
When my contract is up I either negotiate something better or just leave it as it is, they have never (yet) put the price up on me.
same, never gone up
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 19:51   #24
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
What you do? Give them a call as contact runs out. Only have had PAYG up to now
Old 03-04-2022, 21:34   #25
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
What you do? Give them a call as contact runs out. Only have had PAYG up to now
Yes when the contract has ended I just ring them (UK call centre which is a bonus) and ask them what they can offer me. Never had any problems getting a better offer. It'll tie you in for another year or 18 months but as long as it's a price you're happy with then not a problem.
Old 04-04-2022, 14:59   #26
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Yes when the contract has ended I just ring them (UK call centre which is a bonus) and ask them what they can offer me. Never had any problems getting a better offer. It'll tie you in for another year or 18 months but as long as it's a price you're happy with then not a problem.
Thanks