Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pocket PC access to NTL BB STB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pocket PC access to NTL BB STB

Old 02-02-2005, 00:01   #1
barefootdj
Inactive

barefootdj is an unknown quantity at this point
Pocket PC access to NTL BB STB

Hi All,

A newbie but not necessarily computing wise...

Had NTL for three years and currently have an iBook and Airport Extreme set up.

Just bought a t-Mobile MDA III which has wi-fi and Windows Mobile 2003 packaged.

I cannot access the Internet via the STB despite seeing the router and testing wi-fi elsewhere (works like a dream at work and in and around Manchester).. even managed to pick up my neighbours wifi when I was at my parents in Preston at the weekend..

So does anyone know a workaround or a method of getting my Pocket PC to connect to the STB? Any help is much appreciated...
barefootdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2005, 06:47   #2
hairy_mick
Inactive

hairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Pocket PC access to NTL BB STB

hi and wellcome to nthellworld have you got wep enabled on your router if you can access other wifi points then it must be off on your pocket pc but maybe turned on your router.
hairy_mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:00   #3
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Hi,

The PDA will not be connecting to the STB directly but to the Wireless router (Airport extreme).

Does your PDA pick up any wireless info at home? If not have you hidden the SSID or as Mick said have you got a Wep key set?

Reading the Apple page it looks like the extreme supports WPA security. Have you got this enabled, because your PDA may not support it.

HTH
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:13   #4
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Have you added the MAC address of the PDA's WI-FI card to the "allowed" section of your router?

to the site BTW.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:33   #5
barefootdj
Inactive

barefootdj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me.. I'll try a few of those things and see whether it makes a difference or not..

Will let you know if the above works or not..
barefootdj is offline   Reply With Quote