Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Chronicles of Rishi

Old 12-03-2024, 16:56   #1726
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: The Chronicles of Rishi

I doubt it'll ever stop.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/red-...nors-1.1085500

Quote:
LONDON LETTER/Rachel Donnelly: Awkward questions are again being asked about Labour's big money donors. The suspicion, which began in the early days of the Blair government with the Formula One affair, that industry figures waive their chequebooks and eventually secure special treatment has been revived.

Not only did the scene of Labour's first scandal come back to haunt them this week with fresh claims about Number 10's involvement with the Formula One boss in 1997 but the question of state funding for political parties is back on the political agenda.

Mr Blair is reportedly unconvinced of the argument for state funding. But on Monday two of his most senior colleagues, the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr John Prescott, and the Home Secretary, Mr David Blunkett, gave state funding their support after what some commentators described as Labour's "damaging entanglement" with several business donors over the past few months.

The charge at Labour's door - that government contracts and favourable treatment for big business follows on from donations to the Labour Party - returned at the weekend after it was revealed that drugs company, Powderject, had won a contract to supply the NHS with 20 million smallpox vaccines following a £500,000 donation to Labour from Powderject's boss, Mr Paul Drayson.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2024, 17:21   #1727
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Only went back 22 years to find this It is not that both sides have some dodgy donors, it is the amount of them on the Tory side. Let's be honest that is how the Tory funding model works. It is not just money, it is power & influence. Look at the PPE corruption scandal, they did it in plain sight with no real comeback (as yet).
Old 12-03-2024, 19:04   #1728
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Your attempt at justification rather than condemnation speaks volumes about you as a person.

Had a Muslim/islamic donor made those comments about your beloved John Redwood you would be screaming from the rooftops about extremism
Old 12-03-2024, 19:11   #1729
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Your attempt at justification rather than condemnation speaks volumes about you as a person.

Had a Muslim/islamic donor made those comments about your beloved John Redwood you would be screaming from the rooftops about extremism
Thanks for the personal attack. I was only providing balance.

Old 12-03-2024, 19:14   #1730
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Comparing something that occurred a quarter of a century ago to things that persistently happened over the past 4 years is hardly “balance”.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2024, 19:22   #1731
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Comparing something that occurred a quarter of a century ago to things that persistently happened over the past 4 years is hardly “balance”.
It is when Labour was the previous government. As I said in my post:,
Quote:
I doubt it'll ever stop

Old 12-03-2024, 19:24   #1732
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Statement of fact not a personal attack, tell me I’m wrong ?
Old 12-03-2024, 19:30   #1733
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Statement of fact not a personal attack, tell me I’m wrong ?
Obviously wrong and obviously nasty.

Old 12-03-2024, 19:33   #1734
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Obviously wrong and obviously nasty.
So why not state that ? Rather than your first attempt being justification ?
Old 12-03-2024, 19:41   #1735
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
So why not state that ? Rather than your first attempt being justification ?
Instead of nitpicking, you should recognise the point I'm making. Both parties reward their benefactors. Always have done, always will do.

Old 12-03-2024, 19:44   #1736
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
It is when Labour was the previous government. As I said in my post:,
Let’s have another go.

How many of the Labour government you speak of are still in frontline politics?

How many of the **** party from 4 years ago are still in frontline politics?

Once you’ve compared the numbers *then* you’ll understand how that was a very poor analogy.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 12-03-2024, 19:51   #1737
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Let’s have another go.

How many of the Labour government you speak of are still in frontline politics?

How many of the **** party from 4 years ago are still in frontline politics?

Once you’ve compared the numbers *then* you’ll understand how that was a very poor analogy.
It's an institutional fact of politics. Everywhere.

Old 12-03-2024, 19:56   #1738
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
It's an institutional fact of politics. Everywhere.
Ok, let’s see you back up your suggestion of Labour corruption with verifiable and established evidence.

Please don’t ask me to do the same of the **** party. It would be painfully embarrassing for their fans.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 12-03-2024, 20:02   #1739
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Ok, let’s see you back up your suggestion of Labour corruption with verifiable and established evidence.

Please don’t ask me to do the same of the **** party. It would be painfully embarrassing for their fans.
I've already provided the info regarding the Blair government period.

You know as well as I what politics and politicians are like with regard to patronage.

Old 12-03-2024, 20:08   #1740
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I've already provided the info regarding the Blair government period.

You know as well as I what politics and politicians are like with regard to patronage.

Here we go again, with the old "everyone knows" Alleged Certainty fallacy…

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote