Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 18-10-2022, 00:10   #106
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
So I've done a little testing and everything appears to be rather stable. I even plugged in my old trial WiFi pod and to my amazement it locked on instantly and works a treat - It never did work with my last hub3!
Quite handy for the occasional wired device at the far end of the house.

You need the 'Smart WiFi' option enabled on the hub for it to work, it must be noted.

Today I had about 30s of downtime and loads of T3's - Config file changed to cscp.boot and my modulation dropped to QAM32 (since reverted back to 64). Performance doesn't seem to have changed, nor the firmware version, however. Probably just some noise on the network locally.

If only VM could bring back the option to change DNS, I reckon this could be quite usable for me.

Tom
As u said just general noise on the network at a guess.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2022, 16:09   #107
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

at last got it today and installed, happy with the extra speed :P
Edit: No idea Why but my ip showing me as in London, when i'm in central Scotland lol

Last edited by Rabb; 18-10-2022 at 16:25.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 16:36   #108
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
at last got it today and installed, happy with the extra speed :P
Edit: No idea Why but my ip showing me as in London, when i'm in central Scotland lol
maybe just newly released the block and not caught up on whois yet
Old 19-10-2022, 19:20   #109
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I have an issue since my hub, I just cannot for the life of me login ty TP router, I even changed its login address when they are both different anyway.

Anyone know what the issue is maybe?

The Hub is a TP Link AX6000 V1. Fully upto date firmware.
Old 19-10-2022, 19:34   #110
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

You have the hub in Modem mode?
Old 20-10-2022, 13:03   #111
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Yes it is.
Old 20-10-2022, 14:06   #112
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
after months god knows how long of banging my head since the announcement tying to get CS to give me one a reddit user gave me this link ordered today long wait for delivery though 3rd October was first available

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/v...78cfbxxxashub5
People with the WiFi pods can't have a hub 5 last I heard they refuse you
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2022, 15:28   #113
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough

HUB5 users can now use the POD's and the App has been updated to support the HUB4/5.

The question is are the SuperPOD's (POD's are discontinued) WIFI 5 like VM gave us to test and till recently to customers or newer WIFI 6 models for the HUB5 users (Plume now also have WIFI 6E models).

Last edited by humey; 20-10-2022 at 15:46.
humey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2022, 15:38   #114
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
after months god knows how long of banging my head since the announcement tying to get CS to give me one a reddit user gave me this link ordered today long wait for delivery though 3rd October was first available

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/v...78cfbxxxashub5
Quote:
Originally Posted by humey View Post
HUB5 users can now use the POD and the App has been updated to support the HUB4/5.

The question is are the SuperPOD's (POD's are discontinued) WIFI 5 liek Vm gave us to test and till recently to customers or newer WIFI 6 models for the HUB5 users (Plume now also have WIFI 6E models)
Interesting so if you apply for a hub 5 surely they will see I have hub 4 and I.also tested the super pods as well they should ask for those 2 back with the hub 4 and replace with hub 5 and 2 pods, or will they mess this up.

Like at the moment my hub 4 is ok and as they as they say don't fix what isn't broken and with hearing or so many issues people have had I'm a bit on the fence as work from home and can't have outages
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2022, 16:48   #115
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
HUB5 users can now use the POD's and the App has been updated to support the HUB4/5.

The question is are the SuperPOD's (POD's are discontinued) WIFI 5 like VM gave us to test and till recently to customers or newer WIFI 6 models for the HUB5 users (Plume now also have WIFI 6E models).
Virgin Media will still send out both PowerPods and SuperPods depending on your tier of service and kit. Both are still WiFi 5.
Old 20-10-2022, 17:01   #116
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough

All I said was Plume have discontinued the POD, they are what VM get be it their own branding and Firmware.

That makes little sense as the HUB4 had the POD's even though the App did not support it till recently and now HUB5 has the same support but no PODs till recently and they are still the lower WIFI 5 Models

Plume have had WIFI 6 SuperPODs since about Feb 2022 and just recently launched WIFI 6E SuperPOD's so once again VM are as late as the cow's tail.

Last edited by humey; 20-10-2022 at 17:46.
Old 20-10-2022, 17:39   #117
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

After the 5th time ordering the hub 5 I finally got one today. Very happy with download speeds now:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5441.jpeg (793.1 KB, 115 views)
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2022, 17:48   #118
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Does the 2.5M port work as 2.5M in both router and modem mode? (I know it is going to out at 1.1M at present)
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2022, 17:54   #119
humey
cf.member

AFAIK yes.
Old 20-10-2022, 17:57   #120
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Thank you

I use my own router linked via Ethernet so at present that is limited to 940M by the Hub4.

But 360s have problem with many (non VM) routers so the Hub 4 is still in Modem mode for those.

Quote:
AFAIK yes.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote