Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 22-10-2022, 20:30   #136
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Has it turned up yet Jay?
yeah it come late today. All set up 3 different SSIDs and no longer using my Mesh system. Every penny helps and all that
Old 22-10-2022, 20:34   #137
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
yeah it come late today. All set up 3 different SSIDs and no longer using my Mesh system. Every penny helps and all that
So the WiFi is alot better for you than the Hub3?

How many downstream and upstream channels did you end up with? I have 31 down but only 4 up.

Will be sending the Hub3 back tomorrow before they send me another email asking for it.
Old 22-10-2022, 20:38   #138
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

same as you channels

They gave you a couple of weeks didn't they ?
Old 22-10-2022, 20:45   #139
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure how long I can't find any info but the email came Thursday so will drop it off tomorrow morning.
Old 24-10-2022, 14:55   #140
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

when those who ordered their hub5 from the link provided in this thread...did they get their 2hr delivery slot on the day of delivery or a day before?

i'm supped to be getting my hub5 tomorrow but haven't had a delivery slot from yodel yet.
Old 24-10-2022, 15:02   #141
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
when those who ordered their hub5 from the link provided in this thread...did they get their 2hr delivery slot on the day of delivery or a day before?

i'm supped to be getting my hub5 tomorrow but haven't had a delivery slot from yodel yet.
I got a due for delivery today email and it never arrived on day 2 I did get a 2 hour slot on the day. They send it out once it is loaded on the van and out in the morning
Old 24-10-2022, 16:36   #142
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I got my Yodel delivery slot email on the day at 11:46...... The delivery slot was 11:23-13:23 and was delivered at 12:20, I wasn't in but stuck a note on the door asks to deliver to a neighbour rather than specifically do that in the app.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

So my email came during the 2hr slot.

Just dropped the Hub3 off for collection.
Old 24-10-2022, 16:56   #143
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
after months god knows how long of banging my head since the announcement tying to get CS to give me one a reddit user gave me this link ordered today long wait for delivery though 3rd October was first available

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/v...78cfbxxxashub5
Looks like they've taken the link down. Shame I was going to order one.
Old 24-10-2022, 18:05   #144
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
Looks like they've taken the link down. Shame I was going to order one.
Probably because it was posted on Hotukdeals.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2022, 18:20   #145
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Yes my TP Link AX6000 has a 2.5GBE port, how do u balence?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 03:44   #146
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Yes my TP Link AX6000 has a 2.5GBE port, how do u balence?
just checked the router out and it has a 2.5Gbe WAN port but still only Gbit LAN ports so you still wont get any faster speeds than you had before over ethernet
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 07:31   #147
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I won't be updating my router anytime soon, I only paid £260 for this router less than 2 years ago.
Old 25-10-2022, 21:30   #148
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

So i got my hub 5 today. swapped out the hub3 with the 5. Allowed it to activate then put it into modem mode like i did with the hub3. Its made my TTB graph worse...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 21.28.35.png (280.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 25-10-2022, 21:45   #149
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
So i got my hub 5 today. swapped out the hub3 with the 5. Allowed it to activate then put it into modem mode like i did with the hub3. Its made my TTB graph worse...
Worse is normal for a Hub5.
Old 26-10-2022, 06:43   #150
alanbjames
R.I.P.

My graph looks pretty steady for a Hub 5...........