Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 15-03-2022, 22:04   #301
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Freeview changes

I've no information, but surely if a number of channels were to close on Freeview in two weeks time, at least some of them would be letting viewers know?
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2022, 22:49   #302
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Rumours are coming in from DS Forum that "COM7 to close on 1/4/2022".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
I've no information, but surely if a number of channels were to close on Freeview in two weeks time, at least some of them would be letting viewers know?
Wish I could remember how much notice there was when COM8 closed.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2022, 23:19   #303
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Wish I could remember how much notice there was when COM8 closed.
It was 12 days.

You did post a following when COM8 was closing:

Quote:
Looks like COM7, COM8 or both are closing. The following page from the Freeview website doesn't specify.

Source: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/22-j...adcast-changes

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Explains the channel news I put on another Freeview thread. This post specifically.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...9#post36039249

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

There's more on that Freeview announcement page. Either I didn't scroll enough or it's been added.

ADDED Looks like just one of the Temp Multiplexes is closing.

The following channels will cease broadcasting from Monday 22 June 2020:

Channel name Channel number

Channel 4+1 HD 109
4Seven HD 110
TJC HD 115
5Star+1 55
5USA+1 56
CBS Reality+1 67
CBS Justice+1 69
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33709117

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

A rumour was posted at 17.30 today.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_100640588
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 15-03-2022 at 23:29.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 01:27   #304
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Rumours are coming in from DS Forum that "COM7 to close on 1/4/2022".
IMO that poster was just taking the piss.

AFAIK it will close at the end of June.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 02:18   #305
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I did work it out. What is 1/4/22 also know as? Its April fools day.
Old 16-03-2022, 20:34   #306
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
IMO that poster was just taking the piss.

AFAIK it will close at the end of June.
The spectrum segment has to be cleared at the end of June.

If COM7 services as a whole were being pulled early (which they could be) then 3 months notice would have to be given to the broadcasters using the mux under the carriage agreement.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 20:42   #307
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The spectrum segment has to be cleared at the end of June.

If COM7 services as a whole were being pulled early (which they could be) then 3 months notice would have to be given to the broadcasters using the mux under the carriage agreement.
That mean if they has not got notice their will on March 30th (3 Months notice). Or April 7th (12 weeks notice).
Old 17-03-2022, 15:19   #308
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
That mean if they has not got notice their will on March 30th (3 Months notice). Or April 7th (12 weeks notice).
Just pointing out that if the mux was being withdrawn earlier than June it would have been well publicised.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2022, 15:12   #309
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The two versions of RT (Ch234 and 113) on Freeview have been delisted. Source: @ukdtt on Twitter.
Old 18-03-2022, 17:10   #310
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
The two versions of RT (Ch234 and 113) on Freeview have been delisted. Source: @ukdtt on Twitter.
RT was removed at 2ish, RT HD was removed at 4pm on my Freeview HD TV.

Due to Ofcom revokes RT’s UK licence today.

https://www.tvbeurope.com/business/o...rts-uk-licence

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 18-03-2022 at 18:02.
Old 19-03-2022, 13:13   #311
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Since 1.30am last night Ideal World Extra has been having "Technical Difficulties" on Freeview local Mux.
Old 19-03-2022, 15:08   #312
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Since 1.30am last night Ideal World Extra has been having "Technical Difficulties" on Freeview local Mux.
Interestingly the slate has the "local" branding, rather than Ideal World.

Given the happenings at IW recently I wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't come back, the new owners cutting costs.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

I thought you meant it was a matter of hours. I just saw gianni on Digital Spy's post from this morning that says "the past 24 hours at least".

The cutting costs idea is looking more plausible now. The other channels on the local multiplex are working fine.

If IW Extra does disappear will the local mux reconfigure back to one less channel? Or find a replacement? I can't see the former happen.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was further fallout from the sale of Create & Craft, maybe the old IW owners sold the local mux transmission space too before the new IW owners took over, maybe Craft Extra will resurface on a different multiplex? It would explain why Craft Extra is still on the EPG, and the Back Soon EPG info on it (though I was expecting it to reappear on one of those midnight slots).
Old 19-03-2022, 16:19   #313
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Interestingly the slate has the "local" branding, rather than Ideal World.

Given the happenings at IW recently I wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't come back, the new owners cutting costs.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

I thought you meant it was a matter of hours. I just saw gianni on Digital Spy's post from this morning that says "the past 24 hours at least".

The cutting costs idea is looking more plausible now. The other channels on the local multiplex are working fine.

If IW Extra does disappear will the local mux reconfigure back to one less channel? Or find a replacement? I can't see the former happen.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was further fallout from the sale of Create & Craft, maybe the old IW owners sold the local mux transmission space too before the new IW owners took over, maybe Craft Extra will resurface on a different multiplex? It would explain why Craft Extra is still on the EPG, and the Back Soon EPG info on it (though I was expecting it to reappear on one of those midnight slots).
I just saw it at 1.30am last night.

All other channels on local Mux is working.
Old 19-03-2022, 19:48   #314
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I just saw it at 1.30am last night.

All other channels on local Mux is working.
Thought it might be that, but didn't want to assume.

I know, I said I checked.
Old 19-03-2022, 20:06   #315
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Thought it might be that, but didn't want to assume.

I know, I said I checked.
I think Freesports will go after Ideal World Extra slot - if it has stop broadcasting.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old 5Select slot on COM4
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (11pm to 3am only)
-Together TV slot on COM5 (12am to 3am only)
-Ideal World slot on COM6 (12am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM5 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of March 19th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by June 2022.

SD:

-FreeSports
-Quest Red+1
-Now 80s
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Forces TV

HD:

-Quest HD
-BBC NEWS HD
-BBC FOUR HD
-CBeebies HD

Plus W and Talk TV is set to launch soon on Freeview.

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
-FreeSports will move to Local Mux
-W will launch on COM4 or reuse Drama +1 or Dave Ja Vu slot.
-TalkTV will launch on COM4
-NOW 80s will move to COM6
-Forces TV may move to COM4 if UKTV reuse sister channel (as listed on this post) slot to launch W.

I think That's TV will stay on Freeview but only on Channel 7/8 (Line up is the same as That's TV UK anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview

-Quest Red+1
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Forces TV - may happen up to what UKTV do.
-Quest HD
-BBC NEWS HD
-BBC FOUR HD
-CBeebies HD