Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:16   #1306
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
IMO If people are allowed or even expected to praise and/or approve of something or someone, then they should also be allowed to criticise. Otherwise you end up with a very distorted set of viewpoints.
You cannot challenge something, if that something isn't allowed to be presented in the first place.

It constantly annoys me when people play the X card, when that has nothing to do with the situation. EG If somebody is arguing with you or possibly attacking you, then all sorts if things are going to be said. As long as X has got anything to do with the original argument/attack, then the argument/attack isn't Xist.
I am not saying people should not be allowed I am simply saying why do they keep rising to it and then getting annoyed and painting what I see as a bad picture of themselves as well as the one Richard paints. 2 wrongs do not make a right (another grannyism hahaha)
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2022, 12:33   #1307
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
When I was a younger my old gran used to say to me a few sage sayings like Ignore them and they will go away and if you cannot say anything good then do not say anything.

Obviously, we all make mistakes and react when we should not but answer me this (to all who have the problem). If you dislike Richard so much why in Gods holy name do so many keep engaging with him?

An outsider could some and read a lot of these threads and think a lot of you are nasty peices of work because it does look like you target him and gang up on him. He is one guy saying stuff and acting how a lot of you appear to despise so a group have a go at him. Some call names and some post quite aggressively towards him yet you all slag him off saying you keep doing this and that and acting exactly how you expect yet you engage over and over again. No moral highground here you are as bad as him for rising to it.

I got off to a bad start here and after my runs have wound my neck in why don't some of you
He accused me of something I didn't do and then threatened legal action when I pressed him for proof. I still have the private messages of him doing so. Excuse me if I don't find Richard a very nice person. But I won't stand for that kind of abuse regardless of whether someone is disabled or not.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:37   #1308
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
He accused me of something I didn't do and then threatened legal action when I pressed him for proof. I still have the private messages of him doing so. Excuse me if I don't find Richard a very nice person. But I won't stand for that kind of abuse regardless of whether someone is disabled or not.
I get that but that is not my point. He has been a member of this forum nigh on 14 years that is long enough for all long term members to have the measure risen to the bate and got bored of it yet here we are 14 years later and still long term members are rising to the bate. Says as much about them as it does about him

Not a grannyism but an apt phrase for this Don't Feed The Trolls. 14 years of satisfying attention whether negative reinforcement or not
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:49   #1309
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I get that but that is not my point. He has been a member of this forum nigh on 14 years that is long enough for all long term members to have the measure risen to the bate and got bored of it yet here we are 14 years later and still long term members are rising to the bate. Says as much about them as it does about him

Not a grannyism but an apt phrase for this Don't Feed The Trolls. 14 years of satisfying attention whether negative reinforcement or not
Or, people will continue to throw back anything that comes our way from him. I personally will not put up with anything like what he does from anyone and will call anyone out on it. Defending oneself is not rising to the bate.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:52   #1310
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Conversely you have to wonder why, after 14 years of (alleged) abuse, Richard still continues to post on subjects he surely knows (by now) will get a poor reception.

It's almost as though he's trying to prove himself right by continually bashing our heads with it.

. . . or trolling, but 14 years is a heck of a fishing trip
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:54   #1311
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

If it's brown and comes out of a bull, it doesn't matter what sort of bull it may be - we'll still call it out for what it is.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 16:46   #1312
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

We are on a very slippery slope at the minute with free speech and debate under tremendous threat and that a routine poster is happy to accept it as he believes it will give some protection is disturbing. I neither know or wish to know your particular issues but there are thing's that are more important then some perceived security this legislation will effectively place the government in a position of deciding what can and cant be discussed, debated or questioned. These day's the louder the political Shout's of freedom and democracy are the closer we seem to be towards dictatorship.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 16:54   #1313
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

This is going way off topic, back top the subject please, which is not individual members of the forum.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 18:40   #1314
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Far too late to complain or really change anything. The oppressive environment is there no matter what. People will still have to refrain from viewpoints that are not permitted. The oppressors will always have the power to deny individual people various things, eg a job.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 21:26   #1315
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

This may give reprieve to Europe's downtrodden masses. Wonder if it will include the UK as the law in respect of it hasn't been repealed yet.

Quote:
Meta says it may have to abandon the European Union.

The note was buried in the company’s annual filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Meta said that if officials on both sides of the Atlantic can’t reach an agreement on data transfers and warehousing, the company may have to pull its Facebook and Instagram platforms from Europe.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...thisistrue.com
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:06   #1316
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

What a shame, I'll be so sad to see them go .....

Seems unlikely though tbh, they would presumably lose a lot of revenue ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:16   #1317
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
This may give reprieve to Europe's downtrodden masses. Wonder if it will include the UK as the law in respect of it hasn't been repealed yet.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...thisistrue.com
Ah yes, the old GDPR. Funny that some people didn't seem to think this would impact on businesses at all. I'm looking forward to our bonfire of regulations to rid ourselves of oppressive regulations such as these.

But then comes the Online Safety Bill. Christ! Are we getting the bureaucracy bug as well? Hopefully this destructive piece of legislation will get binned once the politicians think it through.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:06   #1318
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Ah yes, the old GDPR. Funny that some people didn't seem to think this would impact on businesses at all. I'm looking forward to our bonfire of regulations to rid ourselves of oppressive regulations such as these.

But then comes the Online Safety Bill. Christ! Are we getting the bureaucracy bug as well? Hopefully this destructive piece of legislation will get binned once the politicians think it through.
Laws, Rules, Legislation, Policy . . new ones and updated ones . . year on year . . for years and years.

We have the Highway code and a stricter driving test to ensure everyone drives safely . . . broken daily
We have laws regarding guns and knifes . . . broken daily
We have laws regarding drug dealing and use of . . . broken daily

Money laundering, fraud, theft, parking restrictions, fly tipping, smoking, drinking, tax evasion, building regs, blah blah blah.

Laws keep the decent people in check, 'bad' people don't give a toss and will carry on regardless.

Introduce as much legislation as you like, all they eventually do is . . . . nothing that really makes a difference to the ones flaunting them.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:46   #1319
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Introduce as much legislation as you like, all they eventually do is . . . . nothing that really makes a difference to the ones flaunting them.
Exactly.

My job involves planning fibre installation and upgrades i have to follow many rules put in place to ensure the safety of the public during any work in the public highway or i can lose my job. Funny thing is i see those rules are broken all the time by others that don't give a toss. As you say there has always been those who follow the rules and those that don't and no amount of new rules will change that.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 10:17   #1320
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

TPTB can't abide a place they can't control. There was always going to be all kinds of furore about the WWW. Always going to be those who want to control all the spaces that people inhabit and can possibly plan revolt against the TPTB. Most of us just saw a wide open space that we could run freely through. But there will always be those that use this freedom to abuse the rest of us.The upland free hills of the internet have been spoiled.