Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 23-01-2013, 16:44   #1771
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: what game are you playing

I cannot remember, but normally I get stuck with US English.
Old 23-01-2013, 21:10   #1772
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I would either re install selecting uk English and then applying the correct update, as it sounds like the wrong language was selected, which would mean the updates downloaded and installed the wrong patch
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 12:07   #1773
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Far Cry 2 for the PC!
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 17:12   #1774
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Anno 1404 on PC. Pop it on every now and then to chip away at the campaign. Good craic.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 00:02   #1775
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I would either re install selecting uk English and then applying the correct update, as it sounds like the wrong language was selected, which would mean the updates downloaded and installed the wrong patch
I actually installed this game for a friend earlier today and there was no UK English option only English option was English US. There was some option for location further through the install and that defaulted to Canada as she has a laptop she bought when living in canada. I just changed that to UK and after install it patched and worked fine.

This was an Origin copy though so it was mostly automated and required little effort. Hope you get your copy working okay Hom3r.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11   #1776
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

With regards to the Sims 3 issue.

I'm unaware if it works without Origin but I assumed Origin was the norm now.
Enter the CD-Key into Origin and it will install the game and all patches automatically then it can be easily ran from Origin.
Or try get the default and freshly installed game with no patches integrated into Origin and see if Origin does anything with it.

Got Battlefield 3: Premium, Fifa 2013, Sims 3, Burnout Paradise and some other low key stuff in my Library that all installed the way above. Sims 3 was bought the same way as yourself as was Battlefield. Also note: English (US) is the only English option when installing EA games.

EDIT: Just cropped my mind, with the region issue it could be a case that you've been sold a Russian CD key, these have been becoming ever popular online now. No idea if the Sims 3 is region free but it's a thought.

For anyone that didn't know, Battlefield 1942 is now free on Origin in the Demos section or here: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942
Old 10-02-2013, 19:52   #1777
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My sims 3 key was in the box
Old 10-02-2013, 23:35   #1778
Jameseh

Just about to start LA Noire.
Old 11-02-2013, 18:37   #1779
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
really good game
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:47   #1780
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Got a copy of Aliens:Colonial Marines on Saturday.

Haven't had any time to play it but today I'll definately be bug hunting.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:17   #1781
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

you would not have been able to till today :-)
Old 12-02-2013, 21:01   #1782
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
really good game
I thought it was a nice idea, let down by being unbelievably boring

Far too repetitive, far too restrictive.

Also...(story spoiler)
Spoiler: 
It was stupid how you kept having to arrest people you knew to be innocent...

Quote:

My Collector's Edition came yesterday.

But, given the overwhelmingly awful reviews it has had (awful, not mixed), I'll be taking it back to GAME on Saturday for a full refund.

If it was the normal version I'd probably risk the drop in re-sale value by opening it and seeing if it really was as terrible as made out, but I'm not willing to do that with the CE!

I may buy it cheap pre-owned later on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
you would not have been able to till today :-)
Only if he has the PC version. 360/PS3 versions wouldn't be time-locked 'till release.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 01:06   #1783
Jameseh

I've given up on LA Noire already, luckily I got it dirt cheap.

Back to my dudebro sports games.
Old 13-02-2013, 07:35   #1784
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
But, given the overwhelmingly awful reviews it has had (awful, not mixed), I'll be taking it back to GAME on Saturday for a full refund.

If it was the normal version I'd probably risk the drop in re-sale value by opening it and seeing if it really was as terrible as made out, but I'm not willing to do that with the CE!
I quite like it so far. It does seem a little unpolished in places but certainly not terrible at all.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 17:41   #1785
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I quite like it so far. It does seem a little unpolished in places but certainly not terrible at all.
Glad to see someone is enjoying it. I was planning on buying it but given the poor response it seems to have gotten I think I'll make it a rental instead.

I'm still hoping ill enjoy it to. The last one didn't get great reviews but I enjoyed it anyway so am hoping this one goes the same way for me.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote