Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 02-11-2022, 16:18   #166
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

i had confirmation email from virgin media saying they received my old kit. i sent mine back on the 25th of October and got confirmation from virgin on the 29th. I returned it via Yodel Collect+.
Old 02-11-2022, 17:12   #167
psul
cf.member

psul is on a distinguished roadpsul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Are they still hassling you about it or do they know it is in transit?
One of the forum team is supposed to be looking into it but I've not heard anything since.
psul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 19:44   #168
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Seen a pic of the hub4 (looks like a mini kitchen bin), wow, really glad I got the hub 5 lottery ticket.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 22:13   #169
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough

I would not call that a winning ticket as the HUB5 so far has been a bit of a mess for many of the unwilling guineapigs who got the invite not knowing they were basically beta testers.
humey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 22:30   #170
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by humey View Post
I would not call that a winning ticket as the HUB5 so far has been a bit of a mess for many of the unwilling guineapigs who got the invite not knowing they were basically beta testers.
Said it twice already but the Hub 5 is the only router that has ever given me full speed WiFi around my house so it is a win for me
Old 03-11-2022, 00:38   #171
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
mileage obviously varies. my hub5 has been rock solid since the day and hour it was put in.
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 00:43   #172
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

No issues with my Hub5, but then I never had issues with my Superhub1,2 and 3.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:25   #173
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
I agree, my hub 5 was great for a whole 4 months before it committed suicide, oh and the Wi-Fi was just as shit as hub 1, 2, 3 & 4 was (granted some of that will vary on your size of house/sort of construction)

Still perhaps it's better now.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 12:04   #174
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
No issue so far for me.
Old 03-11-2022, 13:20   #175
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough

Plenty issues in plenty threads on VM forum, it is part of the reason I have not taken a HUB 5 up to now but let's see if it has improved with FW updates.
Old 03-11-2022, 15:37   #176
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Plenty issues in plenty threads on VM forum, it is part of the reason I have not taken a HUB 5 up to now but let's see if it has improved with FW updates.
You'll always find plenty of issues if you go to official forums for anything.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 16:14   #177
humey
cf.member

Correct but does not change the fact the HUB5 was even more a balls-up "launch" than the HUB4 (which did get beta tested) and that is saying something.

The SH2ac was about VM best effort.
Old 03-11-2022, 23:04   #178
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

No issues with the hub 5 here either, lots better than the 3 i had before...
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:48   #179
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Correct but does not change the fact the HUB5 was even more a balls-up "launch" than the HUB4 (which did get beta tested) and that is saying something.

The SH2ac was about VM best effort.
Didnt the hub 3 and 4 have a "cant fix" chipset issue?
Old 04-11-2022, 11:15   #180
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Didnt the hub 3 and 4 have a "cant fix" chipset issue?
Yes the Hub3 has the Puma chipset and the monstrosity looking Hub4 does too but not sure which version.

So far for me the Hub5 is working great, it's nice to see all those 31 downstream channels and the WiFi 6 icon on some of my devices, which are PS5, S20FE Phone and S7 Tablet.