Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Community Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Community Forum

Old 01-11-2022, 00:55   #1
45rpm
45RPM

45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them
Virgin Media Community Forum

Hello everyone

The other day, I registered on the VM official forum and posted an innocuous question about power usage on the 360 box.
I have received a great reply.

HOWEVER

When trying to login and thank the poster for his prompt reply, I received the following
"You are not allowed to access this site We are sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.
You have been banned for the following reason:

Spam"

I have only made a single contribution to that board and (as I say) it was 100% inoffensive.

I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance and happy halloween (just!).
45rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2022, 09:11   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Community Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45rpm View Post
Hello everyone

The other day, I registered on the VM official forum and posted an innocuous question about power usage on the 360 box.
I have received a great reply.

HOWEVER

When trying to login and thank the poster for his prompt reply, I received the following
"You are not allowed to access this site We are sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

Spam"

I have only made a single contribution to that board and (as I say) it was 100% inoffensive.

I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance and happy halloween (just!).
That's a strange one. I was going to suggest PM'ing a mod but presumably you can't if locked out. Not sure how the spam detection works there but others more in the know on here may be able to suggest something.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:33   #3
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using a VPN and is this the message you get?
Quote:
We are sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

IP range known for spam.

If it is turning your VPN off will fix the problem.
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:02   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

The forum doesn't say you have been banned. djm may be onto something. Try logging in from a different device / IP address
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 22:00   #5
45rpm
45RPM

45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
That's a strange one. I was going to suggest PM'ing a mod but presumably you can't if locked out. Not sure how the spam detection works there but others more in the know on here may be able to suggest something.

Ha Ha; you're right, I can not PM anyone because I am locked out.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Are you using a VPN and is this the message you get?
We are sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

IP range known for spam.
No not at all, they do not mention IP or IP range.

Quote:
If it is turning your VPN off will fix the problem.
I wish.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The forum doesn't say you have been banned. djm may be onto something.
When I try an log on it most certainly does say I have been banned.

Quote:
Try logging in from a different device / IP address
I tried logging on at work today (as opposed to home) and got same result. So I think it's me personally that's considered the bad guy

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Thank you everyone for prompt replies and suggestions.

To any new readers not wanting to read all of the above: I have been banned from the VM official forum for allegedly spamming when I have only ever written one question and never replied to anything.

I guess I could rejoin that forum under a different username and email. However (silly me) all my emails accounts are with VM. So they could possibly twig that it is still me.

Unlikely but if anyone from VM should read this: this might be the final nail in the coffin for me; your products are good but the word "customer" seems to be non existent in the VM world.

Incidentally, if anyone has a 360, you may find my question in that dark place interesting.
And in fairness, the reply was informative. The thread is titled "How much power does my box use"
Old 01-11-2022, 23:18   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45rpm View Post
Ha Ha; you're right, I can not PM anyone because I am locked out.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

No not at all, they do not mention IP or IP range.

I wish.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

When I try an log on it most certainly does say I have been banned.

I tried logging on at work today (as opposed to home) and got same result. So I think it's me personally that's considered the bad guy

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Thank you everyone for prompt replies and suggestions.

To any new readers not wanting to read all of the above: I have been banned from the VM official forum for allegedly spamming when I have only ever written one question and never replied to anything.

I guess I could rejoin that forum under a different username and email. However (silly me) all my emails accounts are with VM. So they could possibly twig that it is still me.

Unlikely but if anyone from VM should read this: this might be the final nail in the coffin for me; your products are good but the word "customer" seems to be non existent in the VM world.

Incidentally, if anyone has a 360, you may find my question in that dark place interesting.
And in fairness, the reply was informative. The thread is titled "How much power does my box use"
There is a good chance they will have logged your IP when they banned you and possibly logged your work IP address now too. Can you view the site logged out? if you can you can just go back to just browsing
Old 02-11-2022, 01:50   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Similar post here, this user created another account and got a reply from a mod.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...g/td-p/5116659

P.S never ever really on only using an ISP email you're asking for trouble in the future! Get a Gmail or Outlook.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:30   #8
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Similar post here, this user created another account and got a reply from a mod.

P.S never ever really on only using an ISP email you're asking for trouble in the future! Get a Gmail or Outlook.
Good spot Snoopz.

@45rpm if you want I could mention you on that thread and direct them here (assuming cross referencing forums is allowed?)
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 18:39   #9
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Never had any problems with gmx.co.uk or despite comments here duck.com also works
Old 05-11-2022, 15:35   #10
45rpm
45RPM

UPDATE
Brilliant news: there is a good samaritan from cableforum that has managed to get me unbanned on VM's official forum.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Quote:

Absolutely SnoopZ, when I signed up with Virgin, I readily utilized several free email accounts. In fairness, they are decent emails with a good search facility and tones of space.

However, as I am sure you all know, when I move to another provider they only give you 3-month to switch.

VM would argue it's detailed in the small print. My view, is that it inhibits competition and the regulator should not allow it.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
@45rpm if you want I could mention you on that thread and direct them here (assuming cross referencing forums is allowed?)
Great offer Dave, yes I would gladly have accepted your offer but as above - I am back on
now.