Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 14-04-2022, 21:28   #361
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
More changes coming to BBC Red Button Text:

Information found on BBC RB Text page 9990.
They clearly got delayed, those were meant to happen about 9 months ago.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2022, 14:54   #362
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Digital Spy Forum is reporting that the red button on Create and Craft Extra - Freeview Channel 95 - is no longer working,
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2022, 15:58   #363
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

How will we ever cope
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 15:42   #364
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
With only three UK Wide slot free and COM7 set to close.

Media Boy UK Views:

Do anyone else think it time for +1 channels to close on Freeview to make room for more channels to launch? (UK Wide only)

1) ITV +1/STV +1 & UTV +1
2) Channel 4+1
3) Channel 5 +1
4) ITV2 +1
5) ITV3 +1
6) ITV4 +1
7) ITVBe +1
8) Quest +1
9) E4 +1
10) Film4 +1
11) Dave ja vu
12) Drama +1
13) Yesterday +1
14) GREAT! movies +1
15) Blaze +1
Most of them should close as they take up valuable space although the +1 channels for the main channels, such as ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, should stay.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 16:20   #365
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Been thinking over Easter Weekend I think it safe to say Dave Ja Vu and Drama +1 will both be axe on Freeview when UKTV launch Alibi and GOLD on Freeview.

Information was given to me March 21st.

Quote:
Media Boy UK sources says "UKTV eventually want all their channels FTA and on Freeview, plans are already in action to get Alibi and GOLD FTA and on Freeview, the general feeling is EDEN will be scrapped and morphed into yesterday."
Old 18-04-2022, 17:24   #366
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Been thinking over Easter Weekend I think it safe to say Dave Ja Vu and Drama +1 will both be axe on Freeview when UKTV launch Alibi and GOLD on Freeview.

Information was given to me March 21st.
If they do move those two to FTA I can't see obvious ways to get significantly better channel numbers on DTT. ITV are clearly up for deals with their +1s based on what happened with ITV4+1 placeholder recently, but those remaining placeholders they have are right next to Drama+1 at Ch60, so only the stream currently used by Dave Ja Vu would get a worthwhile move (from Ch 74), and even then they are pretty far from Yesterday on Ch27.
Old 18-04-2022, 23:58   #367
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
If they do move those two to FTA I can't see obvious ways to get significantly better channel numbers on DTT. ITV are clearly up for deals with their +1s based on what happened with ITV4+1 placeholder recently, but those remaining placeholders they have are right next to Drama+1 at Ch60, so only the stream currently used by Dave Ja Vu would get a worthwhile move (from Ch 74), and even then they are pretty far from Yesterday on Ch27.
Due to COM7 closing I can see UKTV (BBC) giving up Yesterday +1 two hour slot.
Old 19-04-2022, 00:40   #368
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Due to COM7 closing I can see UKTV (BBC) giving up Yesterday +1 two hour slot.
Maybe they still have IP Fallback plans for the +1s, even after any making the remaining Pay portfolio FTA or closed.
Old 02-05-2022, 15:36   #369
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Mike (aka A516Digital) on Twitter has reveal that UKTV Media payed Ideal World £2m for "W" EPG slot on Freeview.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Also Together TV has confirmed they will carry on broadcasting on Freeview after July 1st but only as a Streaming channel.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/freeview-c...eaming-service
Old 02-05-2022, 18:27   #370
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

RXTV article about the Ch95 slot.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/the-abando...eeview-channel
Old 02-05-2022, 18:37   #371
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Mike (aka A516Digital) on Twitter has reveal that UKTV Media payed Ideal World £2m for "W" EPG slot on Freeview.
UKTV Media pay out £6.9m to launch W on Freeview - I did think it was £2m.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Virgin Media, ITV and SDN is owe money by Ideal World Direct.

Something will happen to Channel 95 in a week starting May 16th.

That report also confirm that Hochanda has signed a one year deal with Virgin costing Hochanda £192,310.
Old 02-05-2022, 18:46   #372
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
UKTV Media pay out £6.9m to launch W on Freeview - I did think it was £2m.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Virgin Media, ITV and SDN is owe money by Ideal World Direct.

Something will happen to Channel 95 in a week starting May 16th.

That report also confirm that Hochanda has signed a one year deal with Virgin costing Hochanda £192,310.
I did wonder if a516digital had made a follow-up tweet, as last time I'd looked it was a Poll in which £2m was an option. I see they now have with the £6.9m figure.
Old 03-05-2022, 16:43   #373
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Ideal Shopping Direct in administration: TV Highlights so far:

-On January 6th 2022 Ideal World sold their Freeview EPG slot (Channel 22) to Shop TJC Limited to swap with TJC (Channel 51) for £7m.

-On January 10th 2022 Ideal World sold Create & Craft Hochanda for up to £2.75m.

-On February 8th 2022 Ideal World was sold to Ideal World Limited for £630.000.

-On February 21st 2022 Ideal Shopping Direct was put in administration.

-No information on what will happen to Freeview Channel 95.

What do Ideal Shopping Direct in administration owe to Media/TV World?

-Arqiva - £133,363,00.
-BSkyB Ltd (Sky UK Ltd) - £33,200,00.
-BT - £1,603,00.
-Comux UK Ltd (Local Mux) - £37,943,00.
-ITV PLC - £209,515,00.
-Virgin Media - £590,072,00.

Last edited by Chris; 04-05-2022 at 09:01.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:57   #374
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
What do Ideal Shopping Direct in administration owe to Media/TV World?

-Arqiva - £133,363,00.
-BSkyB Ltd (Sky UK Ltd) - £33,200,00.
-BT - £1,603,00.
-Comux UK Ltd (Local Mux) - £37,943,00.
-ITV PLC - £209,515,00.
-Virgin Media - £590,072,00.
More to add to that list:

-HMRC - £2,437,138,95.
-SDN Ltd (AKA COM4) - £350,000,00.
-STV Central LTD - 29,105,00

Base on paperwork I have seen ISD is in debt to 497 of Creditors (Workers and other company's.)

I am not posting a link to it online as a list has got some home address on it and I cant cut the information.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 04-05-2022 at 13:01.
Old 04-05-2022, 13:02   #375
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
More to add to that list:

-HMRC - £2,437,138,95.
-SDN Ltd (AKA COM4) - £350,000,00.
-STV Central LTD - 29,105,00

Base on paperwork I have seen ISD is in debt to 497 debters (Workers and other company's.)

I am not posting a link to it online as a list has got some home address on it and I cant cut the information.
Company directors home addresses are public information. Anyone can look them up at Companies House if they wish. You are not breaching any privacy by linking to information that is in the public domain so you really shouldn’t worry about linking to bankruptcy paperwork if you think it illustrates the point you’re making.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote