Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [MERGED] The England Manager thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[MERGED] The England Manager thread
View Poll Results: Your choice
Harry Redknapp 9 37.50%
Stuart Pearce 3 12.50%
Jose Mourinho 5 20.83%
Guus Hiddink 2 8.33%
Roy Hodgson 2 8.33%
Martin O'Neill 2 8.33%
Arsene Wenger 1 4.17%
Sam Allardyce 2 8.33%
Rafa Benitez 3 12.50%
Glenn Hoddle 2 8.33%
Gareth Southgate 1 4.17%
David Moyes 1 4.17%
Steve Bruce 1 4.17%
Alan Shearer 1 4.17%
Mark Hughes 1 4.17%
David Beckham 4 16.67%
Alan Pardew 2 8.33%
Terry Venables 2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 19:09   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
re: [MERGED] The England Manager thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its-Me View Post
He was asked on sky sports news.
Ah SSN that hyperbole of invented speculation.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:10   #17
Its-Me
Inactive

Services: sky unlimited landline, sky unlimited broadband, sky+HD, sky world, sky 3D,Espn
Its-Me is on a distinguished roadIts-Me is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
First off I'm a Spurs fan.

He's a fool if he stays, and a fool if he goes.

Being the England is a blesing and a curse, win and the crowd love you, lose and you public enemy number 1.

With that said I'm of mixed views, I would love Spurs to win he league and the HR to take on the England job, the win the World Cup in 2014.
IMO Redknapp get's his player's playing like a team and for the shirt.
Saying that I'm a Rangers fan.
Its-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:11   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
IMO Redknapp get's his player's playing like a team and for the shirt.
Saying that I'm a Rangers fan.
Yes Harry has done a fantastic job.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:11   #19
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I have an idea why do England not look to italy for a manager offer shed loads of cash and hey presto all the woes will be solved.

On a different note Harry Redknapp is bound to come cheap after all at his trial he said he was not interested in money.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:23   #20
Its-Me
Inactive

Services: sky unlimited landline, sky unlimited broadband, sky+HD, sky world, sky 3D,Espn

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Ah SSN that hyperbole of invented speculation.
I'm guessing but your not the biggest fan of sky.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:49   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I'm guessing but your not the biggest fan of sky.
Its just that the SSN channel tends to exaggerate things to such a effect that everyman and his dog then believes it.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:53   #22
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Jim White
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:55   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Jim White
Yes he is one that springs to mind.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:57   #24
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think if HR goes for the England job, it will be the worst decision he will make.

Everyone knows that the England job takes a lot of pressure, from the fans, the press and worst of all the TV commentators (which are the worst going and know nothing about football).

HR is a brilliant manager, and if he stays at Tottenham, Spurs will be a top side for years and this is what HR wants.

I know that l might be cruel, but l have supported Spurs through think and thin, l was there the night we had to beat or draw with Leeds to stay up in the old First Division and Chivers got the goal we needed. We have had some great managers.
Nicholson, Pleat, Burkinshaw, and Martin Jol ( l won't mention the rest as they were useless).

Under Rednapp, we can be the United or Chelsea, if he goes to England, which l think he won't, it will be the worst decision possible and l would urge Daniel Levy to get his check book out and make him the highest paid manager possible.

IF, he did go, l would go back for Martin Jol.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:57   #25
Its-Me
Inactive

Quote:
Its just that the SSN channel tends to exaggerate things to such a effect that everyman and his dog then believes it.
I just watch it for the eye candy
Old 12-02-2012, 19:58   #26
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I just watch it for the eye candy
You naughty boy.
Old 12-02-2012, 20:01   #27
Its-Me
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think if HR goes for the England job, it will be the worst decision he will make.

Everyone knows that the England job takes a lot of pressure, from the fans, the press and worst of all the TV commentators (which are the worst going and know nothing about football).

HR is a brilliant manager, and if he stays at Tottenham, Spurs will be a top side for years and this is what HR wants.

I know that l might be cruel, but l have supported Spurs through think and thin, l was there the night we had to beat or draw with Leeds to stay up in the old First Division and Chivers got the goal we needed. We have had some great managers.
Nicholson, Pleat, Burkinshaw, and Martin Jol ( l won't mention the rest as they were useless).

Under Rednapp, we can be the United or Chelsea, if he goes to England, which l think he won't, it will be the worst decision possible and l would urge Daniel Levy to get his check book out and make him the highest paid manager possible.

IF, he did go, l would go back for Martin Jol.
I reckon if HR stay's, spurs will be title contender's within the next 2 year's.
Old 12-02-2012, 20:06   #28
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I reckon if HR stay's, spurs will be title contender's within the next 2 year's.
No l am not sure they will be able to compete with one or two clubs and the problem is can they hold on to players like Modric, Van Der Vaart and Bale.
Old 12-02-2012, 20:09   #29
Its-Me
Inactive

Quote:
No l am not sure they will be able to compete with one or two clubs and the problem is can they hold on to players like Modric, Van Der Vaart and Bale.
Modric wanted away last year because spurs weren't in the champion's league. but he's changed his tune. IMO Modric, Bale and Van Der Vaart will stay as long as spurs are in the champion's league.
Old 12-02-2012, 20:11   #30
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Modric wanted away last year because spurs weren't in the champion's league. but he's changed his tune. IMO Modric, Bale and Van Der Vaart will stay as long as spurs are in the champion's league.
Well we shall see come the summer whether that holds true.