Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What game are you playing

Old 17-11-2007, 20:34   #301
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help!!! View Post
How long did COD4 take?

Ive just started it now, damm good game, love it soo far! on about the 4th mission, love the voices, one guy sounds like Billy Murray, wonder if it is him.
Only took over 2 days, in about 3-4 sittings. The game is short, but satisfying at the same time. Might attempt it at a harder level I reckon, even though medium was still tricky in parts.

I find the first half of the game you have to edge forward all the time to stop the enemy continuously flowing at you, but the 2nd half you can take your time a bit more.
Old 17-11-2007, 20:51   #302
Help!!!
Inactive

Help!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutkp View Post
I find the first half of the game you have to edge forward all the time to stop the enemy continuously flowing at you, but the 2nd half you can take your time a bit more.
I found that as well, if you don't keep pushing forwards, seems like more enemies come at you, and those grenades I still haven't learnt to dodge them, I was the same in COD2.
Help!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 13:34   #303
Vesuvius
Inactive

Vesuvius is an unknown quantity at this point

Loving COD4 on PS3 and Halo online was the reason I bought a 360, there's just not enough hours in the day right now
Vesuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 13:36   #304
Help!!!
Inactive

Help!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of light

Just finished COD4 on hardened, its pretty short but all the same a good game. Going to replay it on veteran if I can!!
Old 19-11-2007, 14:06   #305
Xan
Inactive

Xan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the rough

COD4 and eve-online
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 15:49   #306
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W

Mostly CoD4 (just bought it)
MoH Airborne
Rainbow6 Vegas
BF2
BF1942 DC Final
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 16:07   #307
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

Colin McRae Dirt, mainly online
Mario Galaxy
Tiger Woods 2008
Fifa 08

Mario has eaten up a fair amount of my gameplay since Saturday though
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 16:39   #308
Help!!!
Inactive

Need for speed-Pro street, wow what a game!!!
Old 25-11-2007, 22:34   #309
Nanook
Inactive

Services: VM 30Mb, Tivo 1TB
Nanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to all

rFactor

http://www.rfactor.net/

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 21:04   #310
Jab-46
Inactive

Jab-46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Jab-46
Talking Re: what game are you playing

im playin grand theft auto san andreas!!!
Jab-46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 21:06   #311
jubbi
Inactive

Services: XL Broardband, XL TV, V+ and extra STB, and standard phone
jubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enough

Galaxy. BEST GAME EVER!
jubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 21:19   #312
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

GRAW2... still no November co-op map pack and it's now the 28th grrrr
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 21:21   #313
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just got back into BF2 - when playing it on my old heap of junk, it was on 800x600 and lo-res; now it's on 1920x1200 and very high, it's cracking.

Still getting my donkey kicked by all the young 'uns, but I get to zap them occasionally.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 21:27   #314
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Assassin's Creed.

Although the increasing tedium is making me consider just trading the damn thing in unfinished at the weekend, towards COD4.

Next up will be Mass Effect. Then Mario Galaxy.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 00:26   #315
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Supreme Commander - Forged Aliance
Awesome game and improves in almost every way over the standard supreme commander asside from the AI in skirmish mode. Don't know what they have done with the AI but there seems to be very little difference between the easy and hard difficulties and though both have a much improved begining strategy thier endgame leaves much to be desired. I'd give it about 8/10, would have been 10/10 if it wasnt for the AI bit.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote