Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Deals

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can I save money? Here are my services!

Old 12-02-2007, 21:32   #1
broomsy
Inactive

broomsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I save money? Here are my services!

Here are my services that I get guys and girls. This is how they are listed on the bill. Any help would be fantastic.

Family: £30.50
Additional Digital Set-Top Box: £15
Family: £0
Sky Sports & Movies Collection: £0
Premiership Plus: £0
Sky Sports & Movies: £24.50
Telephone Line: £0
DIGI PKG-TELCO: £0
Fully Itemised Billing: £1
OPOP Call Plan: £0
Cable Modem: £0
Unlimited 2Mb: 17.99

Your Total Service Charges: £88.99
broomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2007, 21:36   #2
B3rti
Inactive

Services: Talk Anywhere 400 Landline - Virgin Media 10Mb Broadband - Virgin Media V+ Full Package
B3rti is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can I save money? Here are my services!

£85 VIP pack from virgin if your in a cabled area, you would get all that apart from prem plus
B3rti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 21:49   #3
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3rti View Post
£85 VIP pack from virgin if your in a cabled area, you would get all that apart from prem plus
Yeah I agree, VIP pack would probably be the best package for you, as you would be saving money and gaining much better services.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 21:51   #4
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikesh View Post
Yeah I agree, VIP pack would probably be the best package for you, as you would be saving money and gaining much better services.
But note by signing for the VIP package you're signing for another 12 months and there could be other suppliers out there that would suit you better
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 21:52   #5
broomsy
Inactive

Yeah that looks very good to me. We dont get Prem Plus at the min. There is a lot of stuff on our bill which doesnt need to be there.

The way I see it is this. Our final bill came to 123.35 including phone calls. With this VIP package we will gain:

Unlimited local and national calls which if I understand correctly is basically free calls. This will automatically save us £40 a month.

A V+ box for downstairs.

An upgrade from 2Mb to 10Mb.

Am I stating this correctly? We wont lose any TV channels?
Old 12-02-2007, 21:56   #6
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

You shouldn't lose any channels.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 22:01   #7
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Family: £30.50
Additional Digital Set-Top Box: £15
Sky Sports & Movies: £24.50
Fully Itemised Billing: £1
Unlimited 2Mb: 17.99
Your Total Service Charges: £88.99

Sky
All mixes:£21.00
Sky Sports & Movies:£22.50
Extra Box:£10.00
BT Landline:£11.00
18185 :~£5.00 calls to cover the same as you get with Ntl or take Sky talk (18185 has cheaper call charges)
uptp 8Mbit BB (40Gb limit a month):£5.00*
Your Total Service Charges:74.50

*Assuming you're in the Sky BB area

If you want Sky+ with that then add £99 over the year making it £82.75 a month
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 22:12   #8
broomsy
Inactive

Been an ntl customer for a very long time and I am very very happy with what the have provided so I dont mind sticking with them. Would love Virgin to look after all my services.

So is my assumption correct then? This is the best option? What if I wanted the box upstairs to be V+ as well?
Old 12-02-2007, 22:19   #9
B3rti
Inactive

Services: Talk Anywhere 400 Landline - Virgin Media 10Mb Broadband - Virgin Media V+ Full Package
B3rti is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomsy View Post
Been an ntl customer for a very long time and I am very very happy with what the have provided so I dont mind sticking with them. Would love Virgin to look after all my services.

So is my assumption correct then? This is the best option? What if I wanted the box upstairs to be V+ as well?
total price would be £95 per month if you have the additional V+ box with the vip package
B3rti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 22:32   #10
broomsy
Inactive

Cheers for all your help guys. How can I get this upgraded? Will I be charged an installation fee? Will my Samsung upstairs be upgraded to the newest model?
Old 13-02-2007, 00:18   #11
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

You could always use the dangled carrot technique of phoning them up, or contacting them via web, and say something like "I might think about leaving Sky but Im just not sure...." lol
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 02:34   #12
daggman
Inactive

Services: 30MB broadband XL, thats all now after Price rises and F1 for 22.50, so sky tv for me.
daggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of light

The VIP pack is the way to go, all services top of the range.

The sky offers look good, but price is not everything, as two guys from work have discovered.

They switched broadband providers to sky , to save some money for what they thought would be the same service, the pair have had a torid time, complaining of lost connections and slow speeds.

For me out of TV, braodband and phone,broadband is the most important.
daggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 07:10   #13
die5el
Inactive

die5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
You could always use the dangled carrot technique of phoning them up, or contacting them via web, and say something like "I might think about leaving Sky but Im just not sure...." lol
That worked for me lol they gave me a £30 discount for my tv phone and 10 meg broadband paying £34 for the lot for six months
die5el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 19:27   #14
broomsy
Inactive

Well I am now a VIP person

It took 20 mins on the phone and the engineer is coming next Thursday. One thing that I have got to do though. On the day of installation I have got to cancel my extra set top box which we have upstairs otherwise we will get charged an extra £15 each month. We will still get to keep it though as it comes with the VIP package. Do you think we will have to cancel this before the engineer comes round or just ask them to take it off our bill after the engineer has gone?

The lad even wrote down that the engineer should take the Pace from downstairs and leave the Samsung upstairs as they usually put the one downstairs upstairs. Lovely. Very impressive Virgin Media.
Old 13-02-2007, 23:55   #15
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomsy View Post
Well I am now a VIP person

It took 20 mins on the phone and the engineer is coming next Thursday. One thing that I have got to do though. On the day of installation I have got to cancel my extra set top box which we have upstairs otherwise we will get charged an extra £15 each month. We will still get to keep it though as it comes with the VIP package. Do you think we will have to cancel this before the engineer comes round or just ask them to take it off our bill after the engineer has gone?

The lad even wrote down that the engineer should take the Pace from downstairs and leave the Samsung upstairs as they usually put the one downstairs upstairs. Lovely. Very impressive Virgin Media.
Was speaking with a CS person today regarding my soon to be installation and in the course of the conversation he said we would need to ring on the day to get the stb removed from billing.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote