Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gmail Tricks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Threads (App)

Old 06-07-2023, 10:47   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Threads (App)

Anyone joined up yet? It does look like it could have legs. It’s almost identical to Twitter only with a slightly less annoying billionaire in charge and without the ever right wing leanings.

that_bloke_russ if anyone feels like a daily dose of sarcasm, occasional attempts at humour and amusing pics I find online but claim as my own,

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2023, 11:58   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Threads

Maybe I'm behind the times but I find it hard enough keeping up to date with Facebook posts so don't have time for any more social media accounts.

I never really was a fan of twitter to be honest.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 12:17   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I've had a little play this morning, and so far, my take on it is....

it's like twitter, maybe a few more pictures in my feed, but maybe that's to be expected

i don't use twitter or InstaGram that much though.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 14:33   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

More crap on my phone.
Old 06-07-2023, 16:21   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I’m so triggered by its title. Genuinely had nightmares for ages when the BBC screened that. The fact the opening monologue was done by the same bloke who used to voice-over QED, the BBC’s regular weekly science and innovation documentary, lent it an additional air of authentic Armageddon.

Anyhoo … I downloaded it this morning. So far it looks half-built. Little more than insta with the photos removed. I suspect they’ve rushed it out to capitalise on Musk’s ongoing vandalisation of Tw*tter. If they really do want a billion users they will have to do what they have always resisted doing with instagram and give it web and tablet versions that make best use of the larger screens. If they insist on restricting it to phones they will struggle to pick up the institutional users that used to make the bird a reliable place to go for up-to-date news and information.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Anyone joined up yet? It does look like it could have legs. It’s almost identical to Twitter only with a slightly less annoying billionaire in charge and without the ever right wing leanings.

that_bloke_russ if anyone feels like a daily dose of sarcasm, occasional attempts at humour and amusing pics I find online but claim as my own,
I found that_russ_bloke. Do you have an imitator or is that you?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 18:11   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Threads (App)

100% former megafone man

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 01:57   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Musk isnt happy .....

Quote:
Twitter is considering legal action against Meta over its fast-growing rival app Threads.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66129215

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:05   #8
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Musk has got his lawyer(s) to send a “Cease & Desist” letter to Zuckerberg. Says he’s hired former Twitter employees & they are treading on intellectual property breaches & Twitter secrets, by launching Threads.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 16:12   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I never got involved in twatter and i certainly will not get involved in this add on to Facebook.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 07-07-2023 at 16:15.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 23:08   #10
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Bluesky Social is coming soon too, if it hasn't already. It's an app that's more like Twitter, made by the guy who made and ran Twitter before he sold it.

Personally, couldn't care less and won't be joining any of them.
Old 08-07-2023, 17:50   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I hope Threads works out. I don't like Meta but Twitter is being ruined. Rate limits, killing the third-party apps and just Musk making random decisions seemingly for attention.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

The Elon's Jet account is back on threads: https://www.reuters.com/technology/s...source=twitter
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2023, 17:11   #12
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I won't be using it. Why move from a platform that is less regulated to one that is openly moderating by government shills?