Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 19:36   #3571
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Have any promised to spend on healthcare/dentists? Stuff 10p off a litre, what are they going to cut to fund that? Or are they going to borrow yet more and bankrupt the next generation, whilst destroying the climate?

None of it is remotely believable. Lies are the new and accepted norm, thanks to Boris. Get elected, then lie more to cover the lies.
It's all smoke and mirrors, as the price of petrol rises so does the VAT take. The 5p duty cut they made a big fuss about had already been eclipsed by the increased VAT from the price increases leading up to the cut. It's just the same as the NI cut they were talking about on the 6th July, they seem to forget they put it up in April. They must think the public (or more to the point Conservative party members) are as thick as you know what. I suppose anyone who sucks it up deserves what they get.
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2022, 19:43   #3572
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
It's all smoke and mirrors, as the price of petrol rises so does the VAT take. The 5p duty cut they made a big fuss about had already been eclipsed by the increased VAT from the price increases leading up to the cut. It's just the same as the NI cut they were talking about on the 6th July, they seem to forget they put it up in April. They must think the public (or more to the point Conservative party members) are as thick as you know what. I suppose anyone who sucks it up deserves what they get.
Agreed. The public already got what they deserved when they voted for Boris ! His track history of dishonesty, laziness and incompetence was there.
Old 12-07-2022, 19:47   #3573
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Agreed. The public already got what they deserved when they voted for Boris ! His track history of dishonesty, laziness and incompetence was there.
Well we saw the error in our ways in Wakefield, and I wouldn't be surprised if many more do too, particularly next door in Morley & Outwood now their MP has shown how uncouth she truly is.
Old 12-07-2022, 19:48   #3574
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I would likely resign my membership. I'd think for a month to see what happens.
I am worried that you are regressing into a Labourite, Seph!

Sorry that you have lost the faith and the perceptions to what is important. Humans are not perfect. You have to concentrate on their policies, old chap. As for their financial tappings - oh, please! We are all the same when it comes to it!
Old 12-07-2022, 19:52   #3575
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Sorry that you have lost the faith and the perceptions to what is important. Humans are not perfect. You have to concentrate on their policies, old chap. As for their financial tappings - oh, please! We are all the same when it comes to it!
God no, OB! The faith I've lost is in that bunch of muppets currently running the country badly. There are plenty of Conservatives in Parliament who could do an honest job. The current lot cannot deliver the policies.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 12-07-2022, 19:55   #3576
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
He got us out of the EU. That’s good enough for me.

Now that’s look at how we make it work. What? You don’t care about the opportunities that this presents and the need to pursue them?

Of course you don’t! You just to make a case for an (unelectable) Labour government.

OK, you’ll have to find the hard way!
Old 12-07-2022, 19:57   #3577
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
God no, OB! The faith I've lost is in that bunch of muppets currently running the country badly. There are plenty of Conservatives in Parliament who could do an honest job. The current lot cannot deliver the policies.
As my late dad used to say, in politics, the trick to being a successful leader is to surround yourself with people more incompetent than yourself. I think he would have felt this very strongly about this government. Like you Steph as a paid up member he would have been spitting feathers.
Old 12-07-2022, 21:04   #3578
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:

Now that’s look at how we make it work. What? You don’t care about the opportunities that this presents and the need to pursue them?

Of course you don’t! You just to make a case for an (unelectable) Labour government.

OK, you’ll have to find the hard way!
If the intellectual heavyweights of the ERG say it could take fifty years why should Mr K bother with such long term aspirations?
Old 12-07-2022, 21:17   #3579
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

You do have a tendency to tar others with your standards…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 12-07-2022, 21:43   #3580
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
He didn't even succeed in that. The brilliant NI oven ready deal he agreed, he now says is rubbish, and negotiations with the EU will go on forever.... Meanwhile we have the slowest growth in the G7, and a higher inflation rate than any EU country. The Tories ignore all this and concentrate on their own personal power grabs, and who can tell the biggest lies...

By any standards he's been the worst PM ever and has caused enormous and everlasting damage to the UK. Any prospective candidate that propped this muppet up should be discounted by default. ( so that excludes all of them).
Old 13-07-2022, 12:58   #3581
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I think it's a pretty well accepted that Johnson is the worst UK PM we've all lived under.

Private Eye has a nice summary picture of his legacy. I won't attach the photo as it may prove disturbing to some but here's a link: https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...622529/photo/1
Old 13-07-2022, 16:24   #3582
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think it's a pretty well accepted that Johnson is the worst UK PM we've all lived under.
Depends how you define worst. He did at least do some things of note. May on the other hand did nothing at all. So I would put his tenure above hers. A very low bar I know.
Old 13-07-2022, 17:07   #3583
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

First round result

88 | Sunak
67 | Mordaunt
50 | Truss
40 | Badenoch
37 | Tugendhat
32 | Braverman
25 | Zahawi
18 | Hunt
Old 13-07-2022, 17:38   #3584
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Depends how you define worst. He did at least do some things of note. May on the other hand did nothing at all. So I would put his tenure above hers. A very low bar I know.
She negotiated a much better deal with the EU than Bozzo did.
Old 13-07-2022, 18:25   #3585
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
First round result

88 | Sunak
67 | Mordaunt
50 | Truss
40 | Badenoch
37 | Tugendhat
32 | Braverman
25 | Zahawi
18 | Hunt
Expect The Daily Mail and the Daily Express to run a campaign trying to stop Rishi Sunak becoming leader in these coming weeks.