Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii crashing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii crashing

Old 24-01-2007, 16:02   #1
zing_deleted

Wii crashing

anyone had this happen? only bought it today played an hour on Red Steel then a good few undefeated rounds of boxing went onto the bowling finished round 10 and the system just locked up. Have others had lock ups and the system remain ok or could I have a dud?
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2007, 16:04   #2
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
Re: Wii crashing

checked ventalation areas ? where is it located ? any electrical devices around ? on a cloth or carpet area ?
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 16:05   #3
zing_deleted

its high and dry and in the open
Old 24-01-2007, 16:08   #4
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
its high and dry and in the open
its on a shelf ? if so then but it on a lower even surface..... also ensure the PSU is on a table and well ventilated free of any obstruction, if that doesent solve it then you have a dud...
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 16:10   #5
zing_deleted

It only crashed once I was just seeing if anyone else have had a lock up. Spose ill just have to play it more to see. What a shame
Old 24-01-2007, 16:12   #6
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Not had any problems with mine, and it's been used a lot since xmas... I'd have said check ventilation, but I'm sure you already made sure it had enough space around it - plus, mine isn't particularly well ventilated and doesn't seem to mind.

If it happens again, I'd either pop back to the place you bought it from or give Ninty a call... a girl my missus works with had to call 'em because the sensor bar cable was dodgy and they were very efficient, sending a replacement one out in the post the same day to her.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

ps - how you finding it so far? Obviously for graphics your PC is gonna be better, but how you enjoying the gameplay side of things?
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 16:13   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

My friends Wii has crashed about once.
If it happens more often then take it back. If not, then think of it as a one off .

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 16:17   #8
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Not had any problems with mine, and it's been used a lot since xmas... I'd have said check ventilation, but I'm sure you already made sure it had enough space around it - plus, mine isn't particularly well ventilated and doesn't seem to mind.

If it happens again, I'd either pop back to the place you bought it from or give Ninty a call... a girl my missus works with had to call 'em because the sensor bar cable was dodgy and they were very efficient, sending a replacement one out in the post the same day to her.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

ps - how you finding it so far? Obviously for graphics your PC is gonna be better, but how you enjoying the gameplay side of things?
Red Steel is hard to play but im sure ill get used to it.The Wii sports is an excellent crack looking forward to many an aching limb whilst under the influence

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
My friends Wii has crashed about once.
If it happens more often then take it back. If not, then think of it as a one off .
hope its just one of them
Old 24-01-2007, 16:43   #9
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
anyone had this happen? only bought it today played an hour on Red Steel then a good few undefeated rounds of boxing went onto the bowling finished round 10 and the system just locked up. Have others had lock ups and the system remain ok or could I have a dud?
I think mine has crashed once but other than that there's been no problems. I have heard though that the Nintendo customer service isn't very good, so i would try and take it back to the shop if you are still having problems with it.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 17:38   #10
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

Games console are never flawless. Keep an eye on it, its perfectly reasonable for it to crash at least once every now and then. However if it is a regular occurance (have I spelt that right?) then defintley think about taking it back

You jammy git may I add...
Old 24-01-2007, 17:40   #11
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

No crashes here (touch wood). Hope you enjoy it dude - we are in the SBH houshold.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 17:43   #12
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Be grateful you found somewhere with them in stock. They seem to be like gold-dust at the moment!
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 17:47   #13
zing_deleted

Game had 9 today I had the last one
Old 25-01-2007, 01:02   #14
Cilonen
Inactive

Cilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the roughCilonen is a jewel in the rough

There are numerous reports on the Wii forums of the screen blanking whilst playing virtual console games, but I haven't heard of any crashes during Wii games.

A reset seems to sort things out in most cases, and you can always check for firmware updates if your Wii is online.

Had mine since launch w/o probs, except for one VC game going to blank screen once.
Loving it, great fun.
Check out the Mortal Kombat demo video on YouTube - really interested in playing that now!
Cilonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 09:40   #15
Knobbly
Inactive

Knobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud ofKnobbly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Be grateful you found somewhere with them in stock. They seem to be like gold-dust at the moment!
Check play.com, they had some in stock a few minutes ago.
Knobbly is offline   Reply With Quote