Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Package change but not by me.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Package change but not by me.

Old 31-05-2022, 17:29   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Package change but not by me.

Last month's bill:

Premiere Collection
£99.85

Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
1 Additional TV Box
Virgin TV V6 Box, Powered By TiVo
TiVo Credit
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

This month's bill:

Bigger bundle
£94.85

Television:
Maxit TV
1 Additional TV Box
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

"Your package has changed. We've adjusted your services as requested from 29 April . These changes apply to the period charged on your last bill".

Credits (for services removed)
If you remove a service, we need to adjust your services and credit you for any advance period you may have already paid for and not used. These items won't appear in 'Your package' or any future bill (unless you add them back on).
Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
29 Apr - 27 May

Charges (for services added)
If you've added a service since your last bill, we may need to adjust your services and charge you from the date it was activated up until the end of your previous charge period. These items have been added to your account and will appear in 'Your package' later in this bill.

Television:
TiVo Credit
29 Apr - 27 May
Maxit TV
29 Apr - 27 May

It says the bill will be £94.85 but it says I have a 2p reduction which makes it £99.83!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2022, 17:48   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Package change but not by me.

Virgin Media are tidying up ‘legacy’ bundles.
Your price, five pounds less, is explained by the fact Maxit does not contain the Kids Channels when compared to Full House.
If you need these, you can add them back in for £5 a month.
If you don’t, enjoy the £5 saving.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 20:05   #3
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Last month's bill:

Premiere Collection
£99.85

Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
1 Additional TV Box
TiVo Credit
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

This month's bill:

Bigger bundle
£94.85

Television:
Maxit TV
1 Additional TV Box
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

"Your package has changed. We've adjusted your services as requested from 29 April . These changes apply to the period charged on your last bill".

Credits (for services removed)
If you remove a service, we need to adjust your services and credit you for any advance period you may have already paid for and not used. These items won't appear in 'Your package' or any future bill (unless you add them back on).
Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
29 Apr - 27 May

Charges (for services added)
If you've added a service since your last bill, we may need to adjust your services and charge you from the date it was activated up until the end of your previous charge period. These items have been added to your account and will appear in 'Your package' later in this bill.

Television:
TiVo Credit
29 Apr - 27 May
Maxit TV
29 Apr - 27 May

It says the bill will be £94.85 but it says I have a 2p reduction which makes it £99.83!
I am paying £61 for the same bar the second TiVo but getting 350 mb. Worth a call to retentions.

Last edited by 1701-e; 31-05-2022 at 20:05. Reason: Omissions
1701-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 20:47   #4
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely call Retentions and ask to be moved onto Ultimate Volt at £99. 1gb BB, 3 V6 boxes, Full Sports and Movies and a mobile sim. According to the bills, the full package price is £176pm
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 21:16   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Although the breakdown says £5 less, the final bill is only 2p less.

I'll give them a call.

Incidentally, when I recently called about a TV fault, the overseas operator tried his best to get me to "save money by adding a 5G SIM". I explained that my old Nokia is not a smart phone, let alone one that can use 5G. But he carried on trying to get me to "upgrade". If he had offered me higher speed, I might have taken him up on that. But saying that, I have never paid for a speed increase, VM just gave them to me for the same price.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 19:50   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Virgin Media are tidying up ‘legacy’ bundles.
Your price, five pounds less, is explained by the fact Maxit does not contain the Kids Channels when compared to Full House.
If you need these, you can add them back in for £5 a month.
Nothing happened to mine yet , thought maxit was a legacy package guess it's not
Old 01-06-2022, 19:52   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Nothing happened to mine yet , thought maxit was a legacy package guess it's not
No. Maxit is a current TV level.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 18:30   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
No. Maxit is a current TV level.
Just looked at account mine is mix not mixit or maxit ,stupid names
Old 02-06-2022, 20:19   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Just looked at account mine is mix not mixit or maxit ,stupid names
Not helped by them repeatedly changing the names. Since the company was sold to Liberty Global onwards i've never known as many pointless (and ridiculously named) changes.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 19:57   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

There have only really been two TV pack rebrands since Liberty Global purchased Virgin Media.

One where some of the TV packs went from the 'sizes' to names. Then when Mixit and Maxit launched to replace those older named packs.

Last edited by BenMcr; 03-06-2022 at 20:02.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2022, 18:01   #11
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

I’ve just renegotiated a package for 18 months. My old package included an additional Tivo which has now been removed without my permission. I called retentions and they said a member of staff would listen to the phone call to see if I had a case. At no point did I say please remove a box from the deal. I’ve heard nothing back. It’s an old TiVo you would think they would just switch it back on. It’s taken me from April 5th and multiple phone calls to sort out what should have just taken 15 minutes. Customer services at the moment .....
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2022, 18:18   #12
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
I’ve just renegotiated a package for 18 months. My old package included an additional Tivo which has now been removed without my permission. I called retentions and they said a member of staff would listen to the phone call to see if I had a case. At no point did I say please remove a box from the deal. I’ve heard nothing back. It’s an old TiVo you would think they would just switch it back on. It’s taken me from April 5th and multiple phone calls to sort out what should have just taken 15 minutes. Customer services at the moment .....

If your complaint is more than 8 weeks old you can get it reviewed independently through CISAS https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote