Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Shooting Ranges?? Gun Licence?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shooting Ranges?? Gun Licence?

Old 02-03-2006, 18:56   #16
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Shooting Ranges?? Gun Licence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED
Do you soot plastic BB in airsoft? Yes? Then would that make it a BB gun?
Is it a ball bearing? No, therefore not a BB gun.
BB guns fire metal ball bearings.
The Daisy BB gun is a BB gun.
The CA36, for instance, is an airsoft gun.
There's a major difference.

Incidently, the rifle used in that page you (poorly) linked to probably fires at 500fps if in the UK, and considerably more if in other countries.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2006, 19:25   #17
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
Incidently, the rifle used in that page you (poorly) linked to probably fires at 500fps if in the UK, and considerably more if in other countries.
Soz for the poor link.. The rest is still correct IMO
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 19:56   #18
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED
Soz for the poor link.. The rest is still correct IMO
Well your opinion is incorrect.
Old 27-02-2007, 15:46   #19
achilles500
Inactive

achilles500 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can still shoot Black Powder revolvers such as Ruger Old Army (just sold mine) Colt 1861 etc. Most BP clubs will allow you to shoot there. I used to use Pyrodex in mine so I didn't require a BP licence. Obviously you will require a FAC for any BP pistol.

Steve
achilles500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 16:58   #20
Tightscot
Inactive

Tightscot has reached the bronze age
Tightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro View Post
Yeah, you can, my cousins 18, and shoots a rifle at clay pigeons in the UK, seems like theres a lot of them.
either you mean he shoots a shotgun at clay pigeons and i'm just being pinickety .... or he's a really good shot and can hit a fast moving clay pigeon using a rifle....

As for licensing etc, to obtain a FAC (firearms certificate) you apply to the police and have to have character type witnesses from upstanding parts of the community - lawyer/vicar etc and also written stuff from the landowner/farmer who's land you're going to shoot on.

At least thats how it was when i got mine about 5 years ago...

As an aside, i never saw the point in airsoft guns.... now paintball on the other hand.... At least you know when you've been hit!!!
Tightscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 17:22   #21
Xaccers
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightscot View Post
As an aside, i never saw the point in airsoft guns.... now paintball on the other hand.... At least you know when you've been hit!!!
Greater range, full auto, sniper rifles, cheaper ammo (3000 for a fiver) doesn't look like a bit of bent piping, and you can feel it plenty without it causing massive bruising.
Old 27-02-2007, 17:28   #22
Tightscot
Inactive

Tightscot has reached the bronze age
Tightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Greater range, full auto, sniper rifles, cheaper ammo (3000 for a fiver) doesn't look like a bit of bent piping, and you can feel it plenty without it causing massive bruising.
aha but the bruising is what i love!!
Tightscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 17:48   #23
Xaccers
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightscot View Post
aha but the bruising is what i love!!
Pervert