Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor : 2009

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor : 2009

Old 08-11-2009, 21:35   #181
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: X Factor : 2009

i thank the gods of tv that there is a new series of "i'm a celeb get me out of here "due soon to take my mind of it ...how sad i have become
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2009, 22:14   #182
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Im still gobsmacked that he went to deadlock when he had a chance to get them out. The only thing now he has done is his acts will suffer and the will be in the bottom two and the [Admin edit (Chris): Language, please, this is a family forum] will be kept in. I have no respect aft tonight for him. Hes a total plonker and ya it will also now lose voters aft what he done tonight and rightly so

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

If Jordan goes into im a Celeb I for one wont be watching it. Once was enough for her to be in it
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 23:02   #183
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

As l am the sort of person who says what he thinks - wait for it - here l go ------Simon Cowell is a coward, for weeks he has been slagging those idiots off for weeks, and what does he do, saves them, what l have done tonight is send an email to Talkback Thames who make the series with Simon Cowell, this show is being ruined by stupidy and is turning into a farce.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 23:58   #184
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
As l am the sort of person who says what he thinks - wait for it - here l go ------Simon Cowell is a coward, for weeks he has been slagging those idiots off for weeks, and what does he do, saves them, what l have done tonight is send an email to Talkback Thames who make the series with Simon Cowell, this show is being ruined by stupidy and is turning into a farce.
Can you give us all the email and we cant email in as well. He sure will get a back lash this week that he was not expecting and so he should
Old 09-11-2009, 00:06   #185
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

OK so what is the X-Factor? Is it not a performance competion? Having the x-factor as it's called will not just be about who has the best voice, it's about who the public will want to watch.

Lucy had a great voice, but where was the wow, the I really want to watch her sing?

Jedward can't sing well - we all accept that. But I was creasing up, perhaps for the wrong reasons, watching their Ghostbusters performance. There is no doubt it was entertaining, even if that is for the wrong reasons.

Simon was right. Lucy is very nice but could she win the x-factor - no. I hope for the sake of long term entertainment the twins can't win either. But I suspect they have the potential for a good career in children's TV, which is unfortunately a bigger career than I can envisage for Lucy.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 00:17   #186
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
OK so what is the X-Factor? Is it not a performance competion? Having the x-factor as it's called will not just be about who has the best voice, it's about who the public will want to watch.

Lucy had a great voice, but where was the wow, the I really want to watch her sing?

Jedward can't sing well - we all accept that. But I was creasing up, perhaps for the wrong reasons, watching their Ghostbusters performance. There is no doubt it was entertaining, even if that is for the wrong reasons.

Simon was right. Lucy is very nice but could she win the x-factor - no. I hope for the sake of long term entertainment the twins can't win either. But I suspect they have the potential for a good career in children's TV, which is unfortunately a bigger career than I can envisage for Lucy.
I can honestly say no she was not my best singer but she was way better than the two idiots and I cringe as a lot of us Irish do when we see them. Im glad for one thing is that they are not from Cork and are from Dublin. Someone should buy them a one way ticket back to where they came from. Its the injustic of it all and between the two Lucie should have stayed and Simon should not have gone the cowards way and went to deadlock. Hes waiting for weeks to get them out. The only thing now is that to get him back people will not vote to keep his acts in and the twins could now win it and that is unjust because Simon does have the best acts but I agree not the wow but at least they cant belt out the songs better whats left.
Old 09-11-2009, 00:40   #187
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Blaming Simon Cowell is pathetic - the vote went back to the public so go figure...
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:29   #188
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Blaming Simon Cowell is pathetic - the vote went back to the public so go figure...
Perhaps so Mick. But if Simon Cowell had seized the moment he had supposedly been waiting for so earnestly, then Jedward would be gone. He's the pits, he had the perfect opportunity to get rid of them, and then backed down! Couldn't believe it. I was sitting there with my fingers and toes crossed. But then we know it's all about money, and audiences, who wins comes bottom of the list. For this reason the twins will be with us for some time yet.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51   #189
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Jedward FTW
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:11   #190
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

To all the forum and CFT, l would like to say, the XF is a SINGING COMP, and NOT an entertainment show, BGT is a show for that, Those two idiots SHOULD NOT be in the show, if people have read the news today, during the ad break the producer is having talks with SC and the judges and telling them what to do, they knew what was happening, and SC is a blatant coward.

This show is about making extra money for ITV, with the voting, over this weekend alone, they must have made with phone voting, well over ONE MILLION pounds, that is YOU AND ME voting for our favourite acts, that won't go through, l believe there is a deal already on the table with ITV for those two idiots to make it through to the final.

I feel that this won't end up here, someone has sent a photo into a certain paper with LW showing TWO FINGERS to the audience, the show has become a farce, and the show is now for the saving of the financial fall in ITV and NOT US THE VOTER or the acts involved.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:16   #191
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

The show is about making money. I think that they don't want another 'pop star' Leona is still within her sell by date, and Andrea Burke has really only just started.

I think they're trying to create another Ant & Dec out of this. I don't think that was the plan from the beginning. but it is now.

if it's not the plan, then they want people to get so angry about Jedward still being there, that they will spend money on making sure they don't win.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27   #192
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Simon Cowell consulted The X Factor's executive producer Richard Holloway before making his controversial decision to vote against Lucie Jones, a report has claimed.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...over-vote.html
Old 09-11-2009, 11:38   #193
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Perhaps so Mick. But if Simon Cowell had seized the moment he had supposedly been waiting for so earnestly, then Jedward would be gone. He's the pits, he had the perfect opportunity to get rid of them, and then backed down! Couldn't believe it. I was sitting there with my fingers and toes crossed. But then we know it's all about money, and audiences, who wins comes bottom of the list. For this reason the twins will be with us for some time yet.
I totally agree with you tinky. He had it in his hands to get rid and didn't and thats whats so annoying. Now we are stuck with them. I always thought he would do the right thing but no its about the money and aft what he did last night the public will turn against the show in droves and he deserves it. Any respect the public had for him went out the window last night. I really did think he would have got rid as aft all its a singing competition

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It was in Simon Cowells hands to get rid of them and not put it to deadlock and he didn't and thats what the uproar is about. I would well understand if two singers in the bottom two gave an equal good performance and it was hard to call then go to deadlock. But it was no brainer last night who to put out of the competion
Old 09-11-2009, 11:57   #194
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
To all the forum and CFT, l would like to say, the XF is a SINGING COMP, and NOT an entertainment show, BGT is a show for that, Those two idiots SHOULD NOT be in the show, if people have read the news today, during the ad break the producer is having talks with SC and the judges and telling them what to do, they knew what was happening, and SC is a blatant coward.

This show is about making extra money for ITV, with the voting, over this weekend alone, they must have made with phone voting, well over ONE MILLION pounds, that is YOU AND ME voting for our favourite acts, that won't go through, l believe there is a deal already on the table with ITV for those two idiots to make it through to the final.

I feel that this won't end up here, someone has sent a photo into a certain paper with LW showing TWO FINGERS to the audience, the show has become a farce, and the show is now for the saving of the financial fall in ITV and NOT US THE VOTER or the acts involved.
The show is an enternment show. If it were about how well they could sing, I doubt most of the current crop could have got through the first round..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
The show is about making money. I think that they don't want another 'pop star' Leona is still within her sell by date, and Andrea Burke has really only just started.

I think they're trying to create another Ant & Dec out of this. I don't think that was the plan from the beginning. but it is now.

if it's not the plan, then they want people to get so angry about Jedward still being there, that they will spend money on making sure they don't win.
Darn right. By throwing the vote out to the public, Cowell, just made sure the show earned more money..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:15   #195
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Simon showed dislike for the twins since the started and yet the one week he could finally got rid of them he decided against it.

The simple reason will be to get rid of the stronger talent so that his acts have more of a chance of getting to the final.