Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | new router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

new router

Old 09-02-2013, 11:43   #1
tony49
Inactive

tony49 is an unknown quantity at this point
new router

ok all i want to put the superhub in mode only and get a router for beter wyfy
so if you have one of these can you till me about it pls or is there beter for the same money as this router has a dungle aswell

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9126277.htm

and what is •Built-in media server cheers tony
tony49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2013, 12:27   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: new router

Router
Quote:
Tenda N60 (cheap option)
http://www.ebuyer.com/386385-dual-ba...-wan-port-2t2r

Asus RT-N66U (expensive high end) (awesome)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007...sr=8-1&pi=SL75
USB
Quote:
Netgear WNDA3200 (cheap)
wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=321067010312&emvAD=320x287&sv=WN DA3200&emvcc=0&nbcol=0%7Cnull

ASUS USB-N53 (expensive high end)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005...0412199&sr=8-2
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 13:48   #3
tony49
Inactive

i have been looking at the tenda but do you no what the Built-in media server about so do yu not like tp link then ?
Old 09-02-2013, 14:04   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Media Server lets your router stream music, movies, and photos to different devices on your network. Tbh any router with a USB port can share files.

I do like TP Link but for the price no. If I'm going to shell out 60 quid id rather go all out and get something awesome such as the Asus RT-N66U even if I have to near enough double the budget. 60quid budget? you may as well get the Tenda N60 and VM USB adapter (Netgear WNDA3200) saving a bit in the process.
Old 09-02-2013, 15:58   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That TP-Link is worth about £40
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 16:01   #6
tony49
Inactive

ok thanks for the help but what would i need this for VM USB adapter (Netgear WNDA3200) with the Tenda N60 cheers tony
Old 09-02-2013, 16:08   #7
thenry
Inactive

you said (see bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony49 View Post
ok all i want to put the superhub in mode only and get a router for beter wyfy
so if you have one of these can you till me about it pls or is there beter for the same money as this router has a dungle aswell

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9126277.htm

and what is •Built-in media server cheers tony
did you mean USB port on the router itself? a dongle is a seperate piece of equipment, a USB adapter which I thought you meant as a USB wireless adapter.
Old 09-02-2013, 16:37   #8
tony49
Inactive

sorry m8 i most of got my wires crossed somewere i said about i in m first post as it came with the router so when yu take that into accout and the postage for the Tenda N60 the tp link one ent much more
Old 09-02-2013, 16:51   #9
thenry
Inactive

i dont understand

£69.99 for the TP Link, you could pick it up in store free or + delivery http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Stat...ry.htm#smaller

Tenda N60 £34.98 + £2.99p+p or quicker p+p for extra www.ebuyer.com/help/delivery

The Tenda N60 is cheaper.
Old 09-02-2013, 21:31   #10
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

I wont be buying netgear again
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 15:22   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

The wireless adapter is worth a fiver. Still cheaper to buy it separately.
Old 10-02-2013, 15:31   #12
thenry
Inactive

having trouble opening that wap link i posted. its ebay item number: 321067010312

£5 inc. p+p
Old 10-02-2013, 15:51   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Yes I know, I think he's going on about the "free" £19.99 one from Argos
Old 10-02-2013, 16:14   #14
thenry
Inactive

i cant see anything free related in the Argos link from my phone only the TP Link router itself. could you link it please

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

got to it now.

Quote:
Special offer
Free TP link dual band USB adaptor when you buy TP link dual band wireless router. Offer ends 26 February 2013.
TL-WDN3200?
Old 10-02-2013, 20:10   #15
tony49
Inactive

ok thank you all for all your input so now you understand what i ment bye taking in to accout the dungle that you get with the tp link it only about a 10 quid more i think so what i would like is in your minds witch of the 2 is the beter router i cant go up to the 110 mark for the asus