Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear DG834PN access problem - help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear DG834PN access problem - help!

Old 28-04-2008, 17:23   #1
chriscyberdunce
Inactive

chriscyberdunce is an unknown quantity at this point
Netgear DG834PN access problem - help!

My Netgear DG834PN has very poor wireless range - it gives a very low signal strength between router in dining room and computer upstairs, just 20-30 feet away. I am told I should download the latest Netgear upgraded software from their website, accessing via 192.168.0.1
The problem is that when I try to access I just get the message:
"warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)"

Any idea how I comply with this so I can access my router?

Thanks for any advice you can kindly give me.

Chris.
chriscyberdunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2008, 17:36   #2
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic
Re: Netgear DG834PN access problem - help!

You should access it using a wired connection, not wireless. If you're going to upgrade the firmware, even more reason to do it via a wired connection. NEVER upgrade firmware over a wireless connection.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 18:08   #3
chriscyberdunce
Inactive

chriscyberdunce is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Netgear DG834PN access problem - help!

Thanks Pedantic, but sorry, I forgot to state that I am trying to access the router via my other computer which is hard wired to the router.
Regards,
Chris.
chriscyberdunce is offline   Reply With Quote