Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've heard some stupid questions, but...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

I've heard some stupid questions, but...

Old 09-10-2021, 17:02   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: I've heard some stupid questions, but...

I hope he reported his cards stolen with the bank and reported to police as soon as he found out, I'm sure some money will have left his account with contactless.
Old 09-10-2021, 21:08   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Troll (and his ridiculous comments) removed from topic.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 23:05   #18
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Anonymouse obviously did not understan the PTP system which is quite clear that payment must be made on the train or at the destination if available.

Quote:
A Promise to Pay notice is a ticket that must be obtained from our ticket vending machines if customers do not have the facility to pay by credit/debit card. The Promise to Pay notice allows customers to board the train with the intention of exchanging the notice at the first opportunity with a revenue officer, or at the next available booking office.
That does not mean the following day, next week or whatever.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:12   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

"at the first opportunity" is a very vague term - and could quite easily mean the following day, or even days depending on other factors.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:23   #20
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
"at the first opportunity" is a very vague term - and could quite easily mean the following day, or even days depending on other factors.
A PTP states quite cearly that the fare must be paid at the first opportunity.
Not the next day or two.
"Revenue officer or booking office is not vague". Bolton station has a booking office and the guy at the gate questioning him would be a revenue officer. He is there to make sure anyone exiting the station has paid their correct fare if there is a problem at the gates. If there are no gates then if staff are deployed to inspect tickets before anyone exits what are they other than revenue officers?

Happened regularly when I used to use Bolton station back in the early 20's don't see why it should be any different now.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:51   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
A PTP states quite cearly that the fare must be paid at the first opportunity..
So ... to repeat .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
"Revenue officer or booking office is not vague".
and where did I (or anyone) say it was ?

Old 10-10-2021, 09:15   #22
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

I suppose the key point (yes it's vague anyway) is what the first opportunity is. Given that the notices are for people who can't pay the fare at the time via credit or debit card, then this almost presumes that anyone with that notice can make a cash payment at the station when they get off, which assumes a fair amount. If you get on a train at a station where the ticket machines don't take cash and you don't have a card with you then they have to do something about that and logically a ticket which says you'll pay later is it. So there the next opportunity would be when you get off presuming this is a station which takes cash payments. But if you don't have any means of payment on you, but do at home, the next opportunity to pay would be if you can get home to your cards there and then either pay online or return to the station to make payment. I suppose it depends on what it actually says onsite because the site is vague as to whether or not you're permitted to do that.

If you have the same means to make payment when getting off the train as you do when getting on (e.g. no cards or cash) but can do later, then that isn't an opportunity.

And there's also a huge difference between someone who travels without a valid ticket with the full intention of paying up later, and someone who isn't intending to.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:51   #23
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But the rules say "get a PTP before you get on the train".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote