Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GB News / Talk TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

GB News / Talk TV

Old 25-09-2021, 10:21   #436
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: GB News

I think Neil's in a bit of a strop because he wanted to end his career on a high, taking on the incumbent broadcasters again as he did so successfully with Sky.

As the champagne and driver quote amply demonstrated, Neil's now a fully paid-up member of the global elite. He won't want to be remembered for his career having a similar trajectory to Alan Partridge's minus the recent bounce-back!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2021, 11:46   #437
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think Neil's in a bit of a strop because he wanted to end his career on a high, taking on the incumbent broadcasters again as he did so successfully with Sky.

As the champagne and driver quote amply demonstrated, Neil's now a fully paid-up member of the global elite. He won't want to be remembered for his career having a similar trajectory to Alan Partridge's minus the recent bounce-back!
The neckless hunchback has already shot his bolt. I'm guessing, not wildly I think, that the broadcasters agree with me and Mick that he's obsessed with his own self-importance.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:49   #438
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The neckless hunchback has already shot his bolt. I'm guessing, not wildly I think, that the broadcasters agree with me and Mick that he's obsessed with his own self-importance.
Weird, you all loved him a few weeks ago...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 11:54   #439
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Weird, you all loved him a few weeks ago...
Not me.

Old 25-09-2021, 12:02   #440
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I respected him for his street cred on interviewing politicians and holding them to account. But his bitter departure has shown him for what he really is, a pompous, arrogant and selfish man, AN has thrown well established news journalists, McCoy, Stewart and Brazier under the bus.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:21   #441
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

He can be a pompous, arrogant and selfish man and still a good journalist though.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 12:51   #442
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He can be a pompous, arrogant and selfish man and still a good journalist though.
Yeah. He’s like Piers Morgan: cocky, arrogant, self righteous. But bloody good at holding people to account. Piers bit more shouty.
Old 25-09-2021, 12:52   #443
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Another meme doing the rounds.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 90019E8C-9A17-4308-8EEA-B9407909EA4F.jpeg (156.8 KB, 121 views)
Old 25-09-2021, 14:24   #444
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Morgan and Neil are both a pair of clever, right-of-centre, talented journalists and broadcasters. But both are snowflakes who are happy to dish it out but are less good at taking it. I guess that insecurity helps get you to the top.
Old 19-11-2021, 17:02   #445
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Farage has totally changed the attractiveness of GB News - at least between 19:00 and 20:00 Monday to Thursday.

My wife and I don't like to miss his show. His interview style is brilliant. He recently went to Brixham and interviewed the fisherman. He got a group of them to sing a sea shanty. BBC and others don't come anywhere near his interviewing talents, imo.

Old 19-11-2021, 17:31   #446
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Farage has totally changed the attractiveness of GB News - at least between 19:00 and 20:00 Monday to Thursday.

My wife and I don't like to miss his show. His interview style is brilliant. He recently went to Brixham and interviewed the fisherman. He got a group of them to sing a sea shanty. BBC and others don't come anywhere near his interviewing talents, imo.
He got into hot water with the British Legion recently for a GB News tweet which claimed he was working for them. They said he wasn't! A bit of virtue-signalling gone wrong!
https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/stat...54433577881606
Old 19-11-2021, 17:59   #447
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
He got into hot water with the British Legion recently for a GB News tweet which claimed he was working for them. They said he wasn't! A bit of virtue-signalling gone wrong!
https://twitter.com/PoppyLegion/stat...54433577881606
He also made some interesting revelations about Azeem Rafiq that I won't repeat and haven't been published elsewhere.

Old 19-11-2021, 18:46   #448
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Haven't seen it but it's hard to see how long GB News can carry on for. Talk TV is probably going to finish it off in the new year.

Interested to see if Neil goes back to the BBC or goes to Talk TV. I think he is going to try for the BBC first. It'll be awkward for them giving how vocal he was about leaving but he is an excellent political interviewer so it'll be good for him to return to do the Leaders Interviews before the next election.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 18:51   #449
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Haven't seen it but it's hard to see how long GB News can carry on for. Talk TV is probably going to finish it off in the new year.

Interested to see if Neil goes back to the BBC or goes to Talk TV. I think he is going to try for the BBC first. It'll be awkward for them giving how vocal he was about leaving but he is an excellent political interviewer so it'll be good for him to return to do the Leaders Interviews before the next election.
The neckless hunchback may be salivating at the now vacant Andrew Marr slot.

Old 19-11-2021, 19:10   #450
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
The neckless hunchback may be salivating at the now vacant Andrew Marr slot.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote