Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | US President Joe Biden

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

US President Joe Biden

Old 26-08-2021, 10:52   #406
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Why is Biden so trusting of the Taliban?

He's trying to get all those thousands of people out of Afghanistan and sticking to Trump's decision to leave.

Trump aged 75,Biden aged 78. So anyone care to tell me what 3 years difference actually makes? Speaking as someone who will be 69 in October. Especially as I'm pretty sure there's a fair few OAPs who post here on a regular basis . Especially in view of the fact they keep trying to raise the OAP age to 70 and above here.
Old 26-08-2021, 11:34   #407
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
He's trying to get all those thousands of people out of Afghanistan and sticking to Trump's decision to leave.

Trump aged 75,Biden aged 78. So anyone care to tell me what 3 years difference actually makes? Speaking as someone who will be 69 in October. Especially as I'm pretty sure there's a fair few OAPs who post here on a regular basis . Especially in view of the fact they keep trying to raise the OAP age to 70 and above here.

That's because people are living longer and the gov is trying to get out of paying pensions, i retired at 61 couldn't imagine working any longer i was knackered, not all old people suffer from dementia but sadly joe does.
3 years of cognitive decline takes it's toll on a person i have seen it happen much quicker than that.
Old 26-08-2021, 11:55   #408
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have listened to his speeches and he bows down to the Taliban,lets them tell us what the US is going to do rather than being the other way around.

He is only giving them legitimacy. He believes that Americans are being allowed to enter the airport in Kabul (which conflicts data from people on the ground). These people have a dark history,especially towards Christians and women. But he trusts them,why?

EDIT:

Ahhhh I just realised why... They promised him ice cream!! (His favourite flavour: Strawberry)
Biden has argued for US withdrawal from Afghanistan for years. It’s almost an article of faith for him. So it’s not surprising he prizes anything that validates his point of view and tries to play down anything that does not (like his own generals warning him of the disaster that has now, in fact, unfolded).

You have to wonder, however, what Donald Trump was thinking, meeting the Taliban in Doha and telling them America would leave Afghanistan. Nothing gives a terrorist group more legitimacy than an American president signing a treaty with it in the presence of global media.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 13:07   #409
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I think Biden has painted himself into a corner - it's not that he's so trusting of the Taliban.

It's logical for the US and its allies to want to withdraw from occupied countries. But they should only do so once a country is left in sustainable, governable state. That clearly wasn't the case in Afghanistan.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 26-08-2021 at 13:11.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 13:15   #410
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
not all old people suffer from dementia but sadly joe does.
Verified source for that claim?
Old 26-08-2021, 13:31   #411
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Biden has argued for US withdrawal from Afghanistan for years. It’s almost an article of faith for him. So it’s not surprising he prizes anything that validates his point of view and tries to play down anything that does not (like his own generals warning him of the disaster that has now, in fact, unfolded).

You have to wonder, however, what Donald Trump was thinking, meeting the Taliban in Doha and telling them America would leave Afghanistan. Nothing gives a terrorist group more legitimacy than an American president signing a treaty with it in the presence of global media.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Old 26-08-2021, 13:54   #412
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think I saw that it was also classed a 'non-public dementia'.

You've only got to look at the multiple (lots) of videos to make up your own judgement.
Old 26-08-2021, 14:07   #413
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
You've only got to look at the multiple (lots) of videos to make up your own judgement.
I wasn't aware that's how medical diagnosis worked?

GP appointments would be so much quicker 'Hi Peanut, we don't need to run any tests or scans for your medical concern. Some random people on the internet have looked at some videos of you and said you're fine / got problem x"
Old 26-08-2021, 14:10   #414
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think Biden has painted himself into a corner - it's not that he's so trusting of the Taliban.

It's logical for the US and its allies to want to withdraw from occupied countries. But they should only do so once a country is left in sustainable, governable state. That clearly wasn't the case in Afghanistan.
How much longer do you think they needed to reach that requirement?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 14:10   #415
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I wasn't aware that's how medical diagnosis worked?

GP appointments would be so much quicker 'Hi Peanut, we don't need to run any tests or scans for your medical concern. I've had a look at some video of you and you're fine."
Yeah spot on, that's exactly how it's going for him so far.
Old 26-08-2021, 14:25   #416
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
How much longer do you think they needed to reach that requirement?
That's related less to time and more to competence in the planning and execution of the development of the state.
Old 26-08-2021, 14:44   #417
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
That's related less to time and more to competence in the planning and execution of the development of the state.
Politicians answer . . . which means you don't have a clue but like to seem informed

Come on, try again . . just a guess will do . . after 15 years or more, how much longer does it take to teach a nation to ride a bike without the use of stabilizers?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 14:48   #418
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have listened to his speeches and he bows down to the Taliban,lets them tell us what the US is going to do rather than being the other way around.

He is only giving them legitimacy. He believes that Americans are being allowed to enter the airport in Kabul (which conflicts data from people on the ground). These people have a dark history,especially towards Christians and women. But he trusts them,why?

EDIT:

Ahhhh I just realised why... They promised him ice cream!! (His favourite flavour: Strawberry)
He doesn't trust them but they have him over a barrel and he is trying his best to not provoke them.
Old 26-08-2021, 14:55   #419
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Politicians answer . . . which means you don't have a clue but like to seem informed

Come on, try again . . just a guess will do . . after 15 years or more, how much longer does it take to teach a nation to ride a bike without the use of stabilizers?
I don't pretend to know but I'm sure there are case studies of other countries around for you to read.
Old 26-08-2021, 14:58   #420
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:

As long as the US has maintained a presence in Germany or South Korea?