Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate SG-1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargate SG-1

Old 14-10-2003, 20:08   #76
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: stargate sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic22
the kid that was playing young o'neill in episode 3 had him down to a T and had me in stitches
Absolutely. It was a brilliant characterisation.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2003, 09:21   #77
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I thought this weeks episode was entirely pointless.It added nothing to the continuing saga and was entirely too predictable.It was more a sort of dragging back in old faces to the series for the sake of keeping them on the pay roll.
It was very dull in my opinion.

Incog.
Old 25-10-2003, 09:47   #78
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I thought this weeks episode was entirely pointless.It added nothing to the continuing saga and was entirely too predictable.It was more a sort of dragging back in old faces to the series for the sake of keeping them on the pay roll.
It was very dull in my opinion.

Incog.
I can understand the need to rescue Ryac & Bratac ( I actually like them as characters) but the episode was lacking in the high impact action scenes that we've seen in the past and the subtle twists, surprises & melodrama that take the episode out of the ordinary.

I did enjoy the episode to a degree but to merely see O'Neill and colleagues lined up on a ridge sniping the Jaffa was a bit boring. Where was the use of claymores and zat guns? Where were the well-laid ambushes? Why did Dr. Jackson & Samantha Carter have to go to the ship floating over the camp when in previous episodes they have used rocket launchers to take out that sort of craft? Where was the exciting use of music to build up the tension.? The whole thing was very low key and lacked drama.

Hopefully, next week it will be more interesting.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 15:34   #79
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Does anyone think it was weird that jack o neil wanted to sleep with teenage girls.....even if he was in a young boys body ??
Old 25-10-2003, 15:42   #80
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Does anyone think it was weird that jack o neil wanted to sleep with teenage girls.....even if he was in a young boys body ??
No!Even mature men aren't dead below the waist.Add a young libido to the pot and I'm not surprised at all.

Incog.
Old 22-09-2021, 07:36   #81
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Very sadly Willie Garson aka Martin Lloyd has passed away. He was only in three episodes but they were some of my favourite of the entire series and I would definitely put them in the top 10.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2022, 19:25   #82
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Stargate SG-1

Amazon has completed its acquisition of MGM so hopefully they'll give the green light to Brad Wright to go ahead with a fourth Stargate series. I am very excited and can't wait to see what they do with a tonne of money behind them. The Expanse was fantastic.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63566326/
Old 19-03-2022, 21:16   #83
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Amazon has completed its acquisition of MGM so hopefully they'll give the green light to Brad Wright to go ahead with a fourth Stargate series. I am very excited and can't wait to see what they do with a tonne of money behind them. The Expanse was fantastic.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63566326/
Well Brad was in discussion with MGM until the Amozon deal came along. Now that it's been finalised there's a good chance.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2022, 03:09   #84
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah, given the enormous success of the franchise they would absolutely silly not to.
Old 20-03-2022, 20:30   #85
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

If it happens, great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2022, 09:57   #86
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

It would be nice but I don't think Stargate has that big of a following these days.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2022, 10:14   #87
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
It would be nice but I don't think Stargate has that big of a following these days.
I think you could be wrong.
Old 21-03-2022, 10:53   #88
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
funny you should say that. I think the entire series was made available on Netflix last year or the year before which will have opened it up to an entire new audience and generation.

I am a huge geek and have tshirts for different series l love like SG1, TNG, Voyager, DS9 and various MCU movies. I hadn't seen Atlantis in a while and worked my way through it in February and absolutely loved it. When I got to the end of season four I decided to treat myself to two Atlantis tshirts (Amazon has a huge range of this kind of stuff if you are interested) so I could keep the nostalgia going as I knew the series was coming to an end and I didn't want it to finish .

I wore one of the tshirts when I went out shopping and popped into Subway last week. There was a young lad behind the counter who couldn't have been more than 17 or 18 and the first thing he said to me was "hey, I am watching SG1 and I am up to season 3". We stood there and had a chat for a few minutes to the dismay of the people in the queue behind me and he told me how Teal'c was his favourite character and I told him the series just gets better and better, he has got so much to look forward to and Atlantis kicks in with a crossover at the end of season 7. We could have chatted for ages.

The great thing is that people are still enjoying this phenomenal series which started 25 years ago. I can remember when it first aired back in 1997 and how blown away I was. I think it is fantastic that after all this time it is finding a new audience and like me who watched it when it was first on and may be parents now (or even their parents) can now watch it with their children or grandchildren.

I have never been to a convention but I like to watch panels on youtube for the various series I am interested in to see what actors think about things and some of the stuff that happens behind the scenes. There has been a fan website around for a long time called Gateworld and one of the guys who runs it has a youtube channel called Dial the Gate.

Pip sent me a link to a youtube video a while ago for a video which was an excerpt from an interview with one of the cast members. It got me intrigued and I wanted to watch more so I looked at the original source and discovered Dial the Gate. The guy who runs the channel has been a huge and long time Stargate fan and decided to start the channel during the pandemic. Over the last couple of years he has done very professional interviews with everyone and everyone involved in Stargate ranging from the actors, guest stars, directors, producers, writers, you name it. I am slowly working my way through them and they are a great watch. I have said many a time that Stargate is magic and has a secret recipe to it. It isn't good because of one person, whether it be actors or directors, and it is a culmination of the acting, writing, directing and literally everyone involved and that comes across with every single interview and the passion with which people talk about the show, even after all these years. When we have had discussions in other threads over the last couple of years about a potential new SG series I have said a couple of times that they need to get the core team back of Brad Wright, Joe Mallozzi, Andy Mikita, Peter Deluise, Robert Cooper etc. There are so many special moments in SG1 and you keep seeing the same names pop up time and time again for the producers, writers and directors and you know it is a special group of people who have this collective vision.

The Dial the Gate interviews are usually about 1 hr 30 mins long and offer a fascinating insight into what happened behind the scenes. You get to know a little bit about the people involved, how they got involved with Stargate and all sorts of behind the scenes stories, some of which are hilarious. What is interesting is the thought process of how things happen logistically or how certain story lines came about and were approached. If you are a fan of the show I can't recommend it enough. It is still going and you can submit questions on youtube to be asked to the relevant guest every week so I highly recommend you check it out.
Old 21-03-2022, 19:20   #89
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Nice to know I did something right General.
Old 10-12-2022, 14:22   #90
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Is this the news we've been waiting for?