Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate SG-1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargate SG-1

Old 15-09-2003, 20:40   #1
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22
Stargate SG-1

i read on a website that sg1 returns with a new series in september on sky1 and apparently daniel jackson is found alone on a deserted planet and has lost his memory and is no longer a "higher being".....
i hope they are not trying to turn this superb series into a farce by bringing "dead" actors back to life...
they already brought apophis back a few times in past series.
its still the best sci fi series around though....
mind you i did like dark skies but no one else seemed to.
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2003, 20:56   #2
homealone

Quote:
Originally posted by Atomic22
i read on a website that sg1 returns with a new series in september on sky1 and apparently daniel jackson is found alone on a deserted planet and has lost his memory and is no longer a "higher being".....
i hope they are not trying to turn this superb series into a farce by bringing "dead" actors back to life...
29th September, Sky 1, 20:00hrs according to Digiguide - & the storyline is as you say...

Never saw Dark Skies, but Dead Like Me starting Friday, Sky 1, looks interesting?

p.s. Christopher Judge is in tonights Andromeda
Old 15-09-2003, 21:04   #3
Defiant

Yep its good they find an alien spaceship on the first episode thats full of sleeping aliens
Old 15-09-2003, 21:23   #4
Atomic22
Inactive

Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22
oh ive also just read that series 8 of sg1has been given the go ahead yet they reckon the last 2 episodes of series 7 constitutes the film they were going to make ........hmmmm
Old 15-09-2003, 21:30   #5
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
season 3 of enterprise goes to air in the US on sept 29th
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2003, 21:47   #6
Defiant

First episode has already been screened
Old 15-09-2003, 22:03   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Nope, Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) has always said he wants to continue to be in SG-1 provided there were decent storylines for his character. He bowed out the last series, apart from a couple of guest slots, as he didn't feel he was getting this from the show's producers.

However, the show was dropped by its network at the end of the last series and it is now on Sci-Fi in the US. They have agreed to get some decent character development going for Dr Jackson, hence Michael Shanks is back on board.

PS - watched every episode of Dark Skies and loved it ... but not half as much as reading websites by some deranged nuts who thought the fact it got canned after on series was due to some alien conspiracy...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 06:42   #8
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

Whaa? You haven't seen season 7 yet? Yes, in season 7 Daniel Jackson is found and he returns to the series. The series goes back to normal then, like the previous seasons. In fact, after seeing the first 11 epsides of season 7, I am thinking this is a great season. I'm anxiously waiting for the 12th episode.

Season 7 episodes:

1, 2: Daniel is found
3, 5: GREAT episodes
6, 8: a bit weird... doesn't feel very Stargatish.

Now episode 11 is the mid series episode... Part 1 of 2. That annoys me, because they wait a few weeks before they air the second part, and I'm rather anxious for it right now.

Here are the titles:

7-1 Fallen (1)
7-2 Homecoming (2)
7-3 Fragile Balance
7-4 Orpheus
7-5 Revisions
7-6 Lifeboat
7-7 Enemy Mine
7-8 Space Race
7-9 Avenger 2.0
7-10 Birthright
7-11 Evolution (1)

Um no, I hate to break it to you, but the season 3 premiere aired last week on Wednesday. This week Wednesday night we will see season 3, episode 2. I can't wait.

On a different note, Andromeda season 4 starts end of this month. W00t, so many series to watch.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 07:57   #9
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste
Ive just watched the whole lot......downlaoded them all and had a Stargate day............very good series although NOT heavy at all...all very lighthearted!!! Its more about character development for them all more than anything.

Dark Skies was great
Old 16-09-2003, 08:37   #10
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Now why couldn't Sci-Fi taken over Firefly?

Dark Skies was good, especially the last episode with 7of9 wearing silky nightie pretending to be Nancy Reagan *drool*
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 09:54   #11
homealone

Quote:
On a different note, Andromeda season 4 starts end of this month. W00t, so many series to watch.
Series 3 finale last night, here. Nice to see Michael Shanks as a baddie
Old 16-09-2003, 13:06   #12
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerrek
[B]

Um no, I hate to break it to you, but the season 3 premiere aired last week on Wednesday. This week Wednesday night we will see season 3, episode 2. I can't wait.
a topless t'pol

let that be the shape of things to come

And I won't post a spoiler before wednesday then

Defiant pointed out to me that the season had started, so I am caught up now lol
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 19:58   #13
Atomic22
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by towny

PS - watched every episode of Dark Skies and loved it ... but not half as much as reading websites by some deranged nuts who thought the fact it got canned after on series was due to some alien conspiracy...
the geezer that played the top banana who knew everything about the aliens and the missions etc died just as they were about to start filming so they scrapped it. i can tremember his name but hes been in hundreds of films and series
Old 16-09-2003, 20:04   #14
Defiant

Quote:
the geezer that played the top banana who knew everything about the aliens and the missions etc died just as they were about to start filming so they scrapped it. i can tremember his name but hes been in hundreds of films and series
Been a long time since I seen it but do you mean this guy

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 16-09-2003, 20:08   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
Been a long time since I seen it but do you mean this guy

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
That looks like him ... perhaps we should add his 'mysterious' death to the conspiracy theories thread?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote