Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Move Number to New Mobile Account

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Move Number to New Mobile Account

Old 24-09-2021, 17:47   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Move Number to New Mobile Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
*sigh* You mean I have to talk to customer services.

Oh boy, the fun begins ........... I honestly think it would be easier for her just to move to Sky.

Myself and the other two daughters have already done that, so easy. Its like Virgin make it harder to stay with them than move.
VM have stopped PAYG for new customers, so I imagine that she wouldn't be able to continue this with a new account of her own. Their cheapest SIM only is £7 per month with not much data- much better deals are to be had.

I'd get her to move to Sky, if only not to be wound up, messed about and insulted by that dreadful offshore call centre that Virgin Mobile use.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2021, 19:27   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

She isnt on PAYG, as I posted previously.

Quote:
30 day rolling contract
No one in our house has used PAYG in the last 15 years.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 21:33   #18
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

i gave my PNC in today and got a confirmation text it had gone through. number wont change until tuesday mind which is a tad annoying. i thought my old contract would end tuesday but i thought the number would port over to the new contract fairly quickly
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 22:23   #19
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Did it in less than day . Vodafone to Tesco. Never done it before was I just lucky ?
Old 26-09-2021, 23:44   #20
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Did it in less than day . Vodafone to Tesco. Never done it before was I just lucky ?
PAC number are done the next weekday, weekends don't count So you probably did it midweek. Ask on a Saturday it'll get done Tuesday, ask on a Monday and it will also be Tuesday.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 01:04   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yep, as another of my daughters found out, took four days as she activated on a Saturday.

(I did warn her, but you know how they always know better )

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 02:00   #22
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yep, as another of my daughters found out, took four days as she activated on a Saturday.

(I did warn her, but you know how they always know better )
I only got my phone saturday so i didnt know whether to do it in advance or wait for my phone to arrive...didnt want it to be delayed and when i had no working phone! Should have taken the gamble!
Old 27-09-2021, 10:21   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Even if you give your PAC in advance, unless you're moving the number to an already active SIM, the process can't start until the other SIM and account is active.
Old 28-09-2021, 00:17   #24
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Even if you give your PAC in advance, unless you're moving the number to an already active SIM, the process can't start until the other SIM and account is active.
ah well the more you learn! the person i spoke to on the virgin media forum wanted me to give it early haha.

Ive been told my contract ends 28/09 with o2 i wonder what time my phone number switches over...? in 45 mins or some random time throughout the day? got to go to the office tomorrow so ill have to take both phones potentially haha
Old 28-09-2021, 19:05   #25
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
PAC number are done the next weekday, weekends don't count So you probably did it midweek. Ask on a Saturday it'll get done Tuesday, ask on a Monday and it will also be Tuesday.
Done ,Monday early evening, all set when I looked Tuesday morning