Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Expensive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Expensive

Old 10-03-2021, 17:31   #1
linwelin
cf.addict

linwelin is on a distinguished roadlinwelin is on a distinguished road
Expensive

My bill has suddenly just jumped upto £52 from £44 phoned retentions to try and get a better deal but best i could get was £46 for an 18 month contract. I am wondering what other people have managed to get ? as i think price is out of control now and seriously considering switching to vodaphone or something else, if i cant get a better deal from virgin.

Last edited by linwelin; 10-03-2021 at 17:36.
linwelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2021, 17:46   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Expensive

£44 to £46 does seem a massive rise - all the operators will tie you into a contract if starting new discounts.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 16:00   #3
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

You are Lucky. I could only get £53:92p...SWAP YOU..
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 16:14   #4
linwelin
cf.addict

linwelin is on a distinguished roadlinwelin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
You are Lucky. I could only get £53:92p...SWAP YOU..
Took me 3 days to get a better deal ended up going with 200mb for £41 everytime i phoned up was offered different prices only a few pounds difference though, but guess i will stay with VM until vodaphone bring in the 500mb to my area :S
linwelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 05:49   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I rang for a better deal in Feburary and having to try and make clear to an Indian gent that i wasnt awilling to pay £2 a month more than what i was paying aventually we settled on just over £14 a month less than what i was paying.

I now pay £60 a month for 500mb broadband, Landline phone with talk anytime.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 19:22   #6
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

It's ok, I tried to beat the £34 -> £37.50 price rise (over 10%) and they offered me deals of £40 and upwards (so more than just doing nothing and accepting the price rise).

Then they terminated my mobile sim accidentally and lost my number, which took about 3 weeks to get resolved (and they never reinstated the sim I was paying for, just put it on pay as you go and said I couldn't have it on contract without paying for a 2nd sim, while still paying for the 1st disconnected one).

So I went elsewhere. I'll take slower speeds for customer services that isn't so bad it's like they are actively trying to drive customers away to solve capacity issues.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote