Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 14-03-2021, 20:09   #46
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are looking at this too literally. As I have explained, there is an additional choice on the top row of the screen on an Amazon Fire stick and on Roku. The descriptor they use is ‘channels’, and yes, they are apps. Included in the choice are the channels (or apps) that I mentioned earlier.

That descriptor does not appear on the Sky and Virgin versions of the Prime app.

Take a look at both and you will see what I mean.
No i'm reading what you posted it looked like you was saying "Disney+, Discovery+ etc" were available via Amazon prime on ROKU and Firetv.
That's how it looked to me anyway.
Old 15-03-2021, 06:29   #47
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

No - via VM would only work via VM.

'Prime' would work on VM but only via the 'Prime' app.

Standalone app can be used on a Amazon devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
The Starzplay offer at £1.99 is offered on, The Starzplay standalone app, Prime as a 'channel', and VirginMedia.
If I subscribed via VM would I also have access to the other 'versions' ?
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 08:31   #48
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
No i'm reading what you posted it looked like you was saying "Disney+, Discovery+ etc" were available via Amazon prime on ROKU and Firetv.
That's how it looked to me anyway.
Yes, they are, under the 'channels' heading when you go into Amazon.
Old 15-03-2021, 13:48   #49
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Yes, they are, under the 'channels' heading when you go into Amazon.
They are not on Amazon prime at all, they are on Amazon fire devices yes.
The Discovery channel on prime video is exactly that it is not Discovery+

Do you mean the channels icon on the fire tv devices themselves? If so you should be clearer as it looked like you was saying they were on prime which they are not.
Old 15-03-2021, 14:47   #50
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
They are not on Amazon prime at all, they are on Amazon fire devices yes.
The Discovery channel on prime video is exactly that it is not Discovery+

Do you mean the channels icon on the fire tv devices themselves? If so you should be clearer as it looked like you was saying they were on prime which they are not.
When you get into the Amazon Fire Stick, you come up with exactly the same screen as you do when you access Prime through VM and Sky. The one difference is that you have a ‘channels’ option along the list of features at the top of the screen (the same line as the ‘Home’ and ‘Search’ headings).

As far as I can see, it’s all part of Amazon Prime, but if ‘Prime’ actually indicates something else, that’s news to me. It all comes under my Prime subscription.

I am assuming you don’t have Roku or a Fire stick.

[EDIT]

I should add that if you select the ‘Prime’ streamer on Roku, it is the Amazon screen with the channels option that comes up, so I am sure I am correct to say that the ‘Channels’ option is on Prime. Just not on Prime viewed through Sky or Virgin Media.

I am really not hung up about what you call it, but it is clear that the Amazon screen that appears on Sky and VM does not include the ‘channels’ heading, which is a pity.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 15-03-2021 at 15:23.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 14:47   #51
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

https://advanced-television.com/2021...-tv-adds-fite/
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 15:21   #52
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
When you get into the Amazon Fire Stick, you come up with exactly the same screen as you do when you access Prime through VM and Sky. The one difference is that you have a ‘channels’ option along the list of features at the top of the screen (the same line as the ‘Home’ and ‘Search’ headings).

As far as I can see, it’s all part of Amazon Prime, but if ‘Prime’ actually indicates something else, that’s news to me. It all comes under my Prime subscription.

I am assuming you don’t have Roku or a Fire stick.
I haveboth a roku express and a firetv 4k box, basically it comes up on what is the firetv home screen which shows prime, so where it says channels is in fact firetvs app store, i can see where the confusion would lie.
You cannot subscribe to these as part of prime, however on some apps you can now subscribe using Amazon pay, this is how i got around HULU not allowing uk cards i set up usa amazon account linked my debit card to it then used Amazon pay to pay for HULU, then reverted my Amazon account back to UK.
I have both UK and USA apps on my firetv.
My main device is my Nvidia Shield also on there a lot of apps are now allowing you to pay via google pay.
Old 16-03-2021, 11:22   #53
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Disney forecast to steal Netflix’s crown as world’s biggest streaming firm

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...streaming-firm
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2021, 13:48   #54
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

NOW TV rebrands to NOW.

Quote:
Alongside the visual upgrade, NOW also moves to a new tone of voice. Audiences are invited to join our community with a NOW Membership (formerly Passes) - including Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Kids and hayu, starting at £3.99 a month, contract-free. Every NOW Membership can be enhanced with Boost from £3 a month - enabling streaming across 3 devices at the same time as well as full 1080p HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/nowtv-rebrand
Old 16-03-2021, 14:21   #55
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They might have a bit of issue with people thinking they are Now mobile. https://www.nowmobile.co.uk/
Old 16-03-2021, 20:25   #56
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
No - via VM would only work via VM.

'Prime' would work on VM but only via the 'Prime' app.

Standalone app can be used on a Amazon devices.
Thank you. I went through Amazon app so I can watch on all of my devices.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2021, 20:34   #57
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Wonder how much some advertising agency was paid for that !

Think Virgin should rebrand as 'V'. Please send me my £5 million consultancy fees ASAP
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 14:23   #58
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

We've been given a ETA on HBOMAX arrival in the UK, we're going to be waiting awhile as 2025 is their target date.
Old 23-03-2021, 14:39   #59
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We've been given a ETA on HBOMAX arrival in the UK, we're going to be waiting awhile as 2025 is their target date.
I don’t think it was ever a secret given it was a multi-year renewal and a lot of the HBO catalogue content on Sky doesn’t expire until the end of 2025 but I think the FT article does finally provide some clarity as internet chatter seemed to think it was still coming here by end of 2021.
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 14:44   #60
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I don’t think it was ever a secret given it was a multi-year renewal and a lot of the HBO catalogue content on Sky doesn’t expire until the end of 2025 but I think the FT article does finally provide some clarity as internet chatter seemed to think it was still coming here by end of 2021.
We got the memo today in the office so it looks like it's a go go go for 2025 ish dependant on if SKY choose to do a new deal or not.
Anoither one we're waiting for info on is Paramount+ they want to launch in UK so just a case of waiting now for that document to drop.