Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 17:02   #4576
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
There are posts in December, January and February.
2019/2020. Which is over a year ago.

Quote:
It is ok I get your stance on it and have seen plenty with the same view
Which is.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly disagree with you
About what?

Quote:
but I do not have anything to say that has not been said 100 times before
That’s a bit unimaginative.
Old 05-04-2021, 17:05   #4577
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
2019/2020. Which is over a year ago.

Which is.

About what?

That’s a bit unimaginative.
Dec 2020 is not a year ago.
Old 05-04-2021, 18:20   #4578
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Dec 2020 is not a year ago.
Where in December 2020 did I refer to COVID 19 as the flu?
Old 05-04-2021, 18:23   #4579
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Press release
Twice weekly rapid testing to be available to everyone in England
Everyone in England will be able to access free, regular, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing from 9 April, the Government has announced.
Some information as to how tests can be obtained.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...one-in-england
Old 05-04-2021, 18:27   #4580
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I didn’t keep saying it’s the flu. I said it a year ago, that you quoted at back at me a year later for some reason?

I’m still holding out for a point over this.
You said it two days ago...

You didn’t compare it to a flu, you said it was, and is, a flu...

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...u#post36076103
Quote:
QUOTE=Pierre;36076103]I wasn’t wrong, it may not have been “the” flu, which in itself if a vague term as the flu changes annually, but it was, and is “a” flu.

So what’s your point?

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Fine, be offended.

No, just proportionality.

And? I don’t see what that position adds to the discussion.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

It’s not going abroad that is the issue, vaccination certificates could quite easily be a requirement for foreign travel, no issue there.

Domestically, though it is a non-starter.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

The new world order salutes you.
The point is, once again, that it isn’t a flu...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-04-2021, 18:38   #4581
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You said it two days ago...

You didn’t compare it to a flu, you said it was, and is, a flu...

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...u#post36076103

The point is, once again, that it isn’t a flu...
Prior to you reposting what I said a year ago, a couple of days ago, how many times in the intervening year had I referred to COVID 19 as the flu.?

You brought this up after a year, which begs the question why?

I’m still waiting for your point.
Old 05-04-2021, 19:49   #4582
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Prior to you reposting what I said a year ago, a couple of days ago, how many times in the intervening year had I referred to COVID 19 as the flu.?

Whatever his point you still called it the flu which is wrong, so you were wrong 2 days ago.
Old 05-04-2021, 19:57   #4583
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Whatever his point you still called it the flu which is wrong, so you were wrong 2 days ago.
OK, you obviously didn’t find any, you can leave now, you’re excused.
Old 05-04-2021, 19:57   #4584
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
OK, you obviously didn’t find any, you can leave now, you’re excused.
let me look back and find out where someone made you boss of me
Old 05-04-2021, 20:01   #4585
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Interesting take in the reasons for the campaign to rubbish the AZ vaccine, on Quora.

Quote:
You can get out your tinfoil had for the next bit: you have been warned. Clearly given the huge price advantage AZ enjoys, no other vaccine has a future once unlimited supplies are available. They have a limited window while scarcity exists to make as much money as they can. Ask yourself whether it suits those rival companies to have the Oxford AZ vaccine discredited as much as possible. To raise doubts about its effectiveness. To taint it with “political” or “ethical” doubts. Ideally all of the above. And ask yourself whether it suits political leaders to amplify this synthetic outrage, partly in defence of local pharmaceutical companies, and partly in anticipation of questions about why they threw hundreds of millions of taxpayers’ money at those companies for no real return, except perhaps to the companies’ shareholders.
https://qr.ae/pG1T5V

He did give a tinfoil hat caveat before proposing his theory, but I can see the logic.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Quote:
let me look back and find out where someone made you boss of me
You did.
Old 05-04-2021, 20:13   #4586
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

What logic? Capitalists are undermining the cheaper products so they can spend more on vaccines in the long run? That’s, er... compelling.
Old 05-04-2021, 20:38   #4587
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What logic? Capitalists are undermining the cheaper products so they can spend more on vaccines in the long run? That’s, er... compelling.
That’s not how I read it. I read it as undermining the cheaper vaccine because.

A. Other vaccine producers, many of which are domestic pharmaceutical companies within the EU and other nations o/s of it, are way behind the curve. So any delay that they can put on the use of the AZ vaccine will help them catch up and get a slice of the pie.

B. The AZ vaccine costs far less than other vaccines, for now at least, so again the need to discredit it.

C. Other countries may have backed and funded the development of other vaccines not yet materialised, the taxpayers of which may question the funding if their vaccine is not needed or widely used.

Have you been drinking again?
Old 05-04-2021, 20:39   #4588
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

The point is your history of underestimating the impact of COVID - you said
Quote:
Long Covid is certainly an issue, not understood yet for a small % of those infected
There isn't enough information to fully assess the impact of Long COVID, but you appear to be (just like you did with COVID) defaulting to "it's not that bad"...

Hope this helps
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-04-2021, 20:45   #4589
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The point is your history of underestimating the impact of COVID - you said

There isn't enough information to fully assess the impact of Long COVID, but you appear to be (just like you did with COVID) defaulting to "it's not that bad"...

Hope this helps
it is pretty obvious he will not concede he just wants the back and forth.

Unfortunately Covid has been under estimated by far to many and imo the deniers are the ones who have forced the death rate so high and kept the lockdown running so long. I have no time and less respect for them
Old 05-04-2021, 20:51   #4590
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
That’s not how I read it. I read it as undermining the cheaper vaccine because.

A. Other vaccine producers, many of which are domestic pharmaceutical companies within the EU and other nations o/s of it, are way behind the curve. So any delay that they can put on the use of the AZ vaccine will help them catch up and get a slice of the pie.

B. The AZ vaccine costs far less than other vaccines, for now at least, so again the need to discredit it.

C. Other countries may have backed and funded the development of other vaccines not yet materialised, the taxpayers of which may question the funding if their vaccine is not needed or widely used.

Have you been drinking again?
It might not be how you read it, but when you follow through the “logic” that’s exactly what it says.

Capitalists (politicians) would prefer to spend more money on other vaccines than the cheaper AZ vaccine because of the “hundreds of millions” spent backing the development of other products.

For point A) you’re assuming there’s AstraZeneca product unused, discarded or not being produced as a result of these decisions. I highly doubt this is the case - manufacturing of all vaccines will be at maximum capacity for some time. We are already talking about an Autumn booster - that’ll presumably be higher priority than customers further down the AZ order books.

For point B) discredit it to who?

For point C) what you’ve not grasped, and nor did tin foil hat man, is that ending lockdowns and restrictions is worth tens of billions to global economies. The relative buttons spent in vaccine development in the US, EU and UK on products that might never see the light of day is neither here nor there by comparison. No taxpayer is likely to feel that strongly about unsuccessful developments or a short term price premium being paid. Relative to our test and trace system that didn’t work, or dodgy lateral flow tests that are no more reliable than a coin toss, it’s small beer.

Last edited by jfman; 05-04-2021 at 20:55.
Closed Thread