Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Legends of Tomorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Legends of Tomorrow

Old 26-01-2016, 22:19   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Legends of Tomorrow

I really liked the first episode, however this weeks second ep is actually part 2 of the first episode.

I think it would have been better had they shown them back to back.
Old 09-02-2016, 22:44   #17
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Well I tried it for 3 eps and gave up. Not got the strength of characters as seen in other shows especially as most of the characters are ripoffs from other shows.. Very surprised that the time traveller wasn't an RAF captain called Jack
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 22:56   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I completely agree. I normally live crossover eps and i wondered what was going in the last one because the story and new characters were so weak. I didnt realise they were setting everything up for LoT. I read that Warner Bros were determined to have a competitor/equivalent to Agents of Shield so i imagine it will get renewed to a second season no matter what.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:10   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I on the otherhand have greatly enjoyed the show. Episode for was pretty good.
Old 10-02-2016, 14:28   #20
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Well I tried it for 3 eps and gave up. Not got the strength of characters as seen in other shows especially as most of the characters are ripoffs from other shows.. Very surprised that the time traveller wasn't an RAF captain called Jack
I wouldn't say that, especially not since the character was created in 1959. Quite a few years before Captain Jack was created.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 20:22   #21
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Watched them all so far, not that great in comparison to Arrow/Flash to be fair.
Old 16-02-2016, 22:30   #22
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am literally just about to lie down and watch ep3. This is going to be the make it or break it ep for me. If this doesn't inspire me then I am deleting all the eps and removing it from my series list.
Old 17-02-2016, 18:49   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have given up. It is hard to explain but I enjoy stuff the more serious and realistic is because I can believe it is real. Two things are bugging me with LoT; firstly, if you know the Flash and Arrow have previously defeated Vandal Savage then why don't you do the research as a time lord, find out the perfect moment in time to take him out and team up with the Flash and Arrow and get rid of him once and for all. Instead we have got an undisciplined rag tag band of ming mongs jumping backwards and forwards in time screwing stuff up.
That was my main series gripe. Going back to realism though, my gripe with last nights ep was Captain Cold and Heatwave deciding to go off on a jolly. Even if the time lord hadn't setup more stringent security measures other than a security key (which I am sure he would have done given the precarious nature of his guests) he didn't flinch when he found out they had taken a ship and gone off on a jolly. I know they need to do character development eps but that was just a joke. If the mission of saving the world and retrieving the remains of the Carter Hall were that important then he would have flipped out and at the very least initiated some lock out security protocol which set the ship to automatically return to the mothership.

It is little things like that that don't make sense that bug me. It is defo a series for younger teens where they aren't expected to think about things like that and just sit in awe at the action and special effects. I can defo see the show being cancelled but it is going to take 2 seasons to do it because Warner Bros is desperate to raise the DC universe to the level Marvel has achieved.
Old 17-02-2016, 20:06   #24
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I am enjoying it for wahat it is, a FUN series based on COMIC BOOK characters travelling through time.

I don't know how anyone can have expected it to be serious or based in realism.
Old 17-02-2016, 20:07   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Flash/Arrow are doing great alone and in crossovers. It's gotta be just plain fact that Firestorm and Atom are crap, I have no better way of putting it. Captain Cold and heatwave are better making their appearances throughout The Flash. Rip Hunter I can live with but these characters just don't work. As put though, Flash/Arrow have better stories going on in their respective shows. I'll keep watching it but I just can't get into this as much as their other shows. Rip Hunter, Cold and Heat are about the only three I can enjoy.

I could also see it going the way of Constantine (Which was good -_-)

Besides The Dark knight trilogy I think these DC TV shows are better than their movies. That's a serious opinion too, I've never enjoyed DC stuff as much as I have their recent TV productions.
Old 17-02-2016, 20:32   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am enjoying it for wahat it is, a FUN series based on COMIC BOOK characters travelling through time.

I don't know how anyone can have expected it to be serious or based in realism.
when I say realism I mean the reactions from the characters to different situations needs to be realistic. You have got this guy who is supposed to be a time lord and charged with maintaining the integrity of the timeline. He has travelled into the past and he finds out two guys has stolen one of his ships and gone off somewhere and he doesn't know where or what they are doing. You wouldn't say "oh never mind, I'll carry on with the plan by myself". Stuff like that really bugs me. When they do stuff like that it just spoils the show, luckily they haven't done anything like that in Flash or Arrow that I can remember.
Old 17-02-2016, 22:18   #27
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

You mean time master.

Timelords are a different show
Old 17-02-2016, 23:13   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

they are both the same to me, I can't stand either of them
Old 07-05-2016, 05:09   #29
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I'm done after this season. Whoever wrote that latest episode killed it for me, the creativity was completely non existent and went for plot twists you saw a mile off and cliché villain escapes followed by the continuation of a quite annoying love story that for whatever reason needs to be inserted into anything these days.

I watched for minor interests sake but I've been drawn in by Zoom from Flash a lot more than Savage of LoT. Ray Palmer and Atom have no draw whatsoever and are again continuously pushed into an absurd and dull love triangle that bloats an already bloated show further.

That entire episode should be retconned.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:15   #30
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just typed out a lovely long post and pressed the wrong button on my house by accident and closed my browser window

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

I have had a drink and calmed down

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I watched for minor interests sake but I've been drawn in by Zoom from Flash a lot more than Savage of LoT.
I completely agree. I hadn't even heard of LoT when they aired the two part crossover ep on Arrow and Flash to set it up and at the time I thought "why on earth have they done this (story wise) but I gave it a pass because I thought they did it as an excuse just to make a crossover ep. Putting the story and the other characters aside, Vandal Savage is a weak and unbelievable bad guy. Yes he is ruthless, powerful and hard to take down but there is no depth to his character. It is a shame it has already been renewed for a second season because I can't see it lasting unless they get a new group of writers in and completely change it. If you have a look at the ratings they are going down and down.