Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Am I missing something? Aren't CRTs better?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Am I missing something? Aren't CRTs better?
Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2007, 19:54   #16
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Am I missing something? Aren't CRTs better?

I use a 19" hanns.g widescreen TFT for my computer which gives a decent quality pic.

I seem to be rather senstive to CRT refresh rates when it comes to monitors anything below 85hz and i can sometimes see the flickering... how people have their monitors at 60hz is beyond me..

Also i wouldn't fit a CRT on my desk thesedays, Tfts are great when space is and issue.

on the flipside

I also have a 17" lcd tv made by mikomi and its diabolical, the colour is rubbish and the responce time is even worse, i'll probably replace it with a better TV at somepoint but as its only the bedroom tv i don't watch it that often.
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2007, 20:37   #17
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I've got a similar spec Sony to you. I bought it about 8 years ago, and, TBH, in terms of colour reproduction, it beats most of the LCDs and Plasmas I've seen. Obviously, it isn't HD, so can't match the resolution of HD stuff, but, TBH, I don't find the difference that great.
I love the picture on my Panasonic 32 flat CRT. Looking at it on DVD source it is great. I think a lot of the HD revolution is being driven by NTSC 400+ lines rather than PAL 500+line broadcasts, you can really see the difference between a 400 odd line NTSC broadcast and its HD equivilant.
Old 18-05-2007, 23:47   #18
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

I've got a Philips 26" widescreen crt which is 9 years old using rgb connection to my stb the pic is spot on. as a tv technician I always advise customers to go the crt route if they ask which is best, unless they are also willing to get sky or vm hd stb's.
Old 16-03-2021, 02:13   #19
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by altis
So why do people keep buying all this inferior new technology? Beats me - but I bet it's something to do with advertising.
I cant understand why ppl think this crap is BETTER... The pic is flat,colours are aweful...no detail in it........looks disgusting!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad_Dracul
The sad thing is that i suspect that most of these devices are perfectly functional and have simply been thrown away becuase of the growing fashion for slimmer, lower profile flat schreen TVs of various descriptions.
Yes your right mate.... We have a thread for CRTs that have been abandoned on VK,its very sad.......

www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=271701

I have 2 CRTs in my room... My monitor and my TV,I love them both (My Commodore 64 monitor also but right now its not IN MY ROOM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers
Is HDTV a marketting con?
I think it is YES...... I watched HD channels on a reg screen and all they looked fine,all they are is a WIDER PICTURE!! (I had an HD cable box hooked up to a reg TV (CRT))

I dont care for HD,standard def is fine and always has been.. (And in analogue if possible)

Last edited by Dude111; 16-03-2021 at 02:20.
Old 16-03-2021, 02:26   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Seriously, this topic was 14 years old. Closed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread